Skylink (FL) Reviews in Sanford, FL | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Innovative and Inspirational"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sanford, FL
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Sanford, FL

I have been working at Skylink (FL) as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Skylink (and the associated business, Jet Fuel Coffee Co) has proven itself to be an incredibly inspirational place to work. It's an office you can look forward to going to every day, and one that you can feel good about being in.

Nate, the CEO, is nothing short of inspirational. His blog posts and communications are always uplifting and motivational, reflecting what he's like in person. In the office, he's consistently motivational and understanding. He can have high expectations, but they're very reasonable. Some colleagues and I have encouraged Nate to become a motivational speaker.

The office is small, quiet and very hands-off. This may not appeal to some employees, but for those who are self-motivated and work well alone, it's a blessing. It also appears to be a family business, which isn't uncommon for an organization of this size. The family aspect spreads to include all of the employees, creating a sensation of belonging and openness.

Nate has repeatedly enforced that he wants to staff his business with "good people." This approach seems to be working well, as the business is growing and it's hard to not feel inspired when working here.

Cons

The office is very quiet, and you absolutely must be a self-starter to be successful here. If you're self-motivated, there couldn't be a better place to work... but this isn't ideal for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep staying positive and keeping your team inspired. Also, keep staffing with "good people." Your team is like family, and that's a rare gem.

Mar 29, 2019 – People Operations

Hi there,

Thank you for the comment!

I'll continue to do all I can to keep bringing on the right team members and to help give them an avenue to thrive here and in life.

I wish you all the best... More

"Company lacks transparency and honesty"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Sanford, FL

I worked at Skylink (FL) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees in the office are nice and will provide help during training.

Cons

Skylink Inc. is not a transparent company. Omitting many things during hiring process that are only revealed after a candidate has accepted the offer and begun employment. The company has an unhealthy need to control and monitor their employees digital activities. From insisting on dictating the use of personal LinkedIn profiles to a (mandatory) profoundly intrusive and coercive BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) contract which employees are forced to sign in order to maintain employment. The contract essentially turns the employees personal cell phone into a company device and gives the company complete control over the device. Allowing them to monitor personal search history, call logs and texts. In addition to dictating what the employee may or not not do with their own device. No self respecting employee would consent to such an invasion of privacy. If any company wants that level of control over the device they should provide it. In addition, they want employees to be available 24/7 to their clients which does not make for great work life balance.

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront during hiring process so that people do not waste their time. This will also help the company save money from unnecessary turnover.

Nov 12, 2018 – People Operations

Dear past team member,

I'm sorry your first two-weeks with us was not what you expected, and I'll take full blame for that.

But to be fair to my team, I'll address the points you make as I'm... More

3. "Life changing"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sanford, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sanford, FL

I worked at Skylink (FL) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Skylink is a learning experience form day one. The vision of its CEO, Nate Anglin, is innovative, ambitious, and unique. When I first joined Skylink I thought I knew sales, turns out that after three months I was a better professional than ever before.

Every employee in this company is welcoming and friendly. While management maintains its staff focused on achieving goals and delivering its promise, they are not shy of giving out high fives or sharing a meme.

Training is exceptional and detailed, based on facts and trends instead of gut feelings or management wants. It is a place for ideas to come to life, the perfect environment for creators, hustlers, and overachievers.

Cons

Buster (The family dog) might come in your office and dig in the trashcan if you are not watching.

Advice to Management

Nate is a very busy man, with a very tight calendar. As the company grew, he had to spend more time in the development of marketing for the well being of the whole team. With that being said, as the great motivator that he is, I feel like the team misses and can use more of his presence.

Jul 12, 2018 – People Operations

Thank you for such kind words. I've got chills as this is what we strive for in building a team-oriented approach.

And your kind comment and advice to me is well taken. I will work on this... More

"The best work experience and the very best employers I have ever had."

Current Employee - Warehouse & QC Manager in Sanford, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse & QC Manager in Sanford, FL

I have been working at Skylink (FL) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are so many pros to this company it is difficult to narrow it down. The absolute best part hands down are the people. Skylink isn’t just some company, it is a family, both figuratively and literally. I have been with this company almost 4 years, and through all of my issues and faults they are willing to meet you in the middle and work with you. There are far more solutions than problems, and that is the general approach. The management team is always willing to help solve any issues you have as long as you communicate.

Cons

Learning effective communication can be a difficult task in any situation, but failing to communicate effectively will make work difficult. This con is usually based on the individuals perception and not the company, as they are accommodating and willing to assist in any area that you need improvement in.

Jun 20, 2018 – People Operations

Hi there,

First, this sent chills down my spine. I'm so thrilled that you feel we're flexible and that you've seen there are more solutions than problems.

As you know, this is very much in... More

5. "Great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Sanford, FL

I worked at Skylink (FL) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Industry, Family Business, Easy job that's fun.

Cons

Working for a family business has its challenges.

Advice to Management

It's okay to give helpful criticism to your staff. You can help them grow that way and they will be loyal to your company.

Oct 27, 2017 – People Operations

My apologies for such a delay to this comment. Glassdoor was not on our radar. Now it is. :)

Thank you for your advice and since 2012, I'm sure we've made some vast improvements.

Sincerely... More