KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people(in 9 reviews)
  • "Everyone is committed to helping each other succeed.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The company invests in employees with frequent perks and good work/life balance.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Leadership and Great Direction

Jan 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Skytap's people and leadership are the reason the company shines and has been stable for so many years.

Cons

Things are moving quickly, so expect some start-up characteristics.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

On the right track

Nov 3, 2021 - Leadership Role in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy working environment, strong support from leadership and peers. Skytap goes out of its way to help make everyone feel part of the success of the company. Company promotes a culture of supporting each other in our growth - both professionally and personally. Healthiest culture I have ever worked in.

Cons

While generally inclusive, some teams operate more isolated than others. Can be difficult to see results at times as everyone is working very hard on many different things. Nothing that is uncommon from small companies trying to accomplish big goals. If you want to have influence as an individual contributor, come to Skytap. If you expect strong processes and rigid operating guidelines, best to look elsewhere.

3. 5.0

Trending well

Nov 1, 2021 - Technical Account Manager (TAM)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Skytap is filled with brilliant people, a strong leadership team, and unique technology. CEO Brad Schick has breathed new life into the organization and that influence trickles downward to upper and middle management as well. All managers care greatly about their teams. +Good pay +Amazing customer obsession +Reasonable work/life balance +Fantastic management

Cons

-Given that it's a relatively smaller organization can make it tough to make waves in the massive cloud space. -Small org makes it tough to find forward trajectory as an employee (not a lot of room for meaningful growth)

4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Just trying to make a buck

Dec 29, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool technology to work with

Cons

Lack of vision on strategy

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I've ever worked for

Sep 1, 2020 - Customer Service Manager (CSM) in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked in a professional environment for almost 15 years and this is the best experience I've had, hands down. The people are truly amazing and sincere. Upper management tries and succeeds in creating a positive culture. The services offered are top-notch and our clients are treated as if they are apart of the Skytap family. Every team is involved to create a good experience from our smaller clients to our enterprise clients. This is a very ethical company which is very important to me. Compensation and benefits are good. Plenty of time off and most importantly the work-life balance is more than fair. The managers are wonderful and very approachable. Everyone is committed to helping each other succeed. Social issues are important and they not only talk the talk but walk the walk. I'm proud to work here. I've always been an idealist so working for a company that tries to better the community is wonderful. This is a wonderful place to work overall.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is the commission structure is a little confusing. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Smart, Resilient, Respectful and Compassionate

Sep 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

By far one of the best groups of individuals I have worked with in my career. Throughout the organization you find individuals to be extremely smart, resilient and committed to the success of the company. Even through the the highs or the challenges, the dedication continues. Also, a group of highly professional and respectful individuals! Through the amazing challenges of 2020, the leadership and HR team have demonstrated their commitment to continuing to create and support a culture of compassion, while still delivering to our customers. I believe you will always run across people that you may find challenging or disagree with in any organization. I appreciate the fact that at Skytap you may disagree, challenge one another, but individuals do it with respect. I am a fan!

Cons

Skytap has had some challenging times throughout the years, hasn't always been easy. I believe it is a company that has learned from the past, and the new CEO has provided a tremendous amount of clarity and direction, along with a commitment to culture.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Small company that keeps on swinging

Dec 17, 2020 - Technical Resource
    Business Outlook

Pros

New leadership has breathed new life in the org. Specific call outs to the new CEO Brad Schick, who has been extremely beneficial to the overall direction of the company. -Skytap is a group of passionate, intelligent, and hardworking people. -Good work/life balance. Never made to feel bad when taking PTO. -Good compensation. -Superb COVID handling. -Good middle management.

Cons

Some major decisions get made without enough data to back them up. This is mostly due to the fact that the company is fairly small given the space in which it operates. There also aren't a ton of growth options in the company, given its size.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great market, a little bit of an identity crisis

Jun 1, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic market segment start-up feel great people

Cons

lack of understanding of SaaS market, not focused on the market where Skytap is clearly different from other platforms.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Feb 5, 2021 - Softeware Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mangers really care about your career growth. Lots of projects to work on.

Cons

Everyone's pretty busy so it can take awhile to get feedback. Nothing that out of the ordinary though.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, just understand what you are signing up for

May 13, 2020 - Management Position in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Skytap has a great culture of caring about its employees and working really hard to provide a positive and nurturing environment. While far from perfect, Skytap leadership is committed to making sure employee needs are well understood and communicated throughout the company, and as a result we see improvements every day. As long as both individuals and the company continue to learn and grow, what more could you ask for? The objectives are clear and do not change randomly. Communication and collaboration are at the forefront of how the employees and leadership operate. Skytap has a culture of understanding and I've seen countless times where teams and leaders have worked to accommodate the needs of the employee(s), especially during this most recent time of COVID-19.

Cons

Understand what you are signing up for. While Skytap is not brand new, it is still very much in a growing phase. Skytap operates within a lean staffing model and as a result expects their employees to have a certain level of self-starter mentality and to speak up when something isn't working right. If you don't have a strong sense of ownership, you won't be as successful here as you may like. If you are someone that thrives in strong organizational structure and need to have very narrow or limited focus to be successful, Skytap is not the place for you. But if you are someone that wants to be close to the end-to-end life cycle of how a product and service offering can meet the needs of the customer directly and want to be able to influence that (knowing you very well may sign up for it), then the scale and direction of Skytap (or any company this size really) is a perfect fit. Align expectations with the reality of where Skytap is in its journey and you will not only do well, you will grow significantly here. If you don't, you will quickly become frustrated.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews

Skytap Reviews FAQs

Skytap has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 58 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Skytap to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Skytap employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Skytap. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

74% of Skytap employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Skytap 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Skytap to be management, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Skytap Job Seekers