Skyworks Solutions "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Skyworks Solutions Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 13, 2019

3.3
Skyworks Solutions CEO Liam K. Griffin
Liam K. Griffin
Pros
  • "Positive work environment for technical professionals in the semiconductor industry(in 11 reviews)

• "good salary , good company, good people, very nice time for work and good location(in 10 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Woburn, MA

I worked at Skyworks Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast paced, little politics good pay

Cons

Hard to handle work life balance

Advice to Management

Empower engineers that do the work, not your managers

Skyworks Solutions2019-10-01
  2. "good place to work"

Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Skyworks Solutions for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, better work life balance than most of the silicon valley companies, smart colleagues to work with, good benefit

Cons

long hours, communication issues, tight schedule,

Skyworks Solutions2016-02-23

"Learn a lot in work"

Former Employee - Test Engineer

I worked at Skyworks Solutions full-time

Pros

Experience and knowledgable people to work with.

Cons

Long hours of work. No work life balance

Skyworks Solutions2019-10-13

"Not like a high tech company, more like a factory"

Current Employee - Senior RFIC Design Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Skyworks Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of products to do.

Cons

1. No work life balance. 2. Not enough support engineers for design. 3. Not enough design engineers. 4. Management is a chaos. 5. Nothing to learn in technical.

Advice to Management

Look at some engineering managers, they know nothing but try to mange the team. Should spend money and try to improve the work environment.

Skyworks Solutions2019-01-17

"Low pay long hour no lifework balance"

I worked at Skyworks Solutions full-time

Pros

-Learning fast since a lot of work loading and pressure.

Cons

-No work-life balance -No overtime compensation

Skyworks Solutions2018-12-11
  6. "Product Engineer"

I have been working at Skyworks Solutions full-time

Pros

Good people around. No hierarchy system

Cons

Work/life balance can be improved.

Skyworks Solutions2018-12-05

"We’re on our way with the New HR"

Current Employee - Upper Management in Newbury Park, CA

I have been working at Skyworks Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with this company for many years, and have seen many changes both Positive and Negative. Approximately 6 months ago they finally added a HR team member here in NBP that is caring, considerate, respectful, friendly, and most of all a great listener. She has reinvented the Open door policy that has been lacking for over a decade. She actually cares. She has addressed issues that have been happening for... years, she has made our location happier, on a daily basis. She has adapted well and the employees appreciate and respond well to her. She actually helped make pancakes for all the employees, I’ve never seen our past HR doing anything like that in the past 15 years. She has earned the respect of many. She will talk to all pay grades, she remembers that we are all humans. Very refreshing. She is a good example of our Culture and Vision ideaology.

Cons

We need to make sure that we remember that the employees make or break a company. If we have a positive culture aligned with Work- Life balance it will be a win. The other HR ladies are rude, condescending at times, and only care about certain groups. Their door has always been closed to certain groups. In my opinion that they haven’t handled issues or concerns in a timely manner. Not consistent with who they... discipline and terminate. Basically have set a don’t bother HR standard. They could learn a lot from Jen.

Advice to Management

Great hire with this one. Pay attention to the employees needs and desires, and One day we can be a good place to work!

Skyworks Solutions2018-04-26

"Sinking Ship, get out while you can"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Newbury Park, CA

I worked at Skyworks Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The biggest pro is that I do not have a lot to write for this. Always work to be done. You will have the same job for years. You really have to work hard for your money.

Cons

Pay is well below standard despite what the company says in their responses. Liam either has no idea what he is doing, or just doesn't care. I am hoping it is the former. The board of investors have turned this into a cash cow that they receive a steady income on. There was little to no room for advancement. There is a backlog of senior people waiting for a promotion, so if you are new in your career, look elsewhere.... They want to hire the best, but on a budget. Long hours, 20 hour workdays are more common than 12 hour workdays. Before they can address work life balance, maybe address work/sleep balance. Employees are viewed as disposable my management, and treated that way. a 100 hour workweek will barely get you a marginally satisfactory rating on your review and you will still be behind, but hey maybe you will get that 0.7% annual cost of living increase. This should really just be a stopgap between real careers.

Advice to Management

Fire Liam and move on. Treat your employees like people and not work horses. Be motivated by something other than money.

Skyworks Solutions2018-05-30

"Engineering Manager"

I have been working at Skyworks Solutions

Pros

Full of hard working and talented people. Company is financially sound & growing at same pace as peers within industry sector.

Cons

Work/life balance does not exist. Very high turnover of direct labor. Pay is well below other companies. Senior executives prefer to increase stock buy back programs, versus invest in people, equipment and plants; which indicates they are only here for the short term and will line their pockets on the backs of the employees.

Advice to Management

Have some pride and demonstrate some vision.

Skyworks Solutions2018-03-03

"More cons than pros"

Former Employee - Engineer in Newbury Park, CA

I worked at Skyworks Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Positive financial outlook -Job stability -Continued growth

Cons

-Abusive management -Toxic workplace -No work/life balance - managers don't hesitate to call you when you're out of office when something urgent comes up, which is often. Some people get stuck working weekends often. -Micromanaging is common -Because the company runs lean, you are often stuck in the group you get hired in -Health benefit options are high deductible only -Finger pointing when things go... wrong I've been told it hasn't always been like this, just that the last 3 years or so things have been going downhill with the increased workload. This may not be the right time to join the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

Skyworks Solutions2017-12-01