KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.4
Slalom CEO Brad Jackson
Brad Jackson
1,308 Ratings

What people are saying about Slalom

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The internal company is full of great people and truly enjoy working with everyone here.(in 360 reviews)
  • "This makes for a great spirit and culture in the office and among the employees.(in 351 reviews)
  • "Great Work/life balance (consultants sabbatical program/no traveling for consultants) and in general we work reasonable hours !(in 214 reviews)
  • "Leadership is great and accessible(in 107 reviews)
  • "Good pay and new things every day(in 56 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Slalom and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Love the culture!

Aug 29, 2022 - Consultant in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture - Pay - Work life balance

Cons

- Don't know of any

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Sep 24, 2022 - Senior Principal Consultant in New Brunswick, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are respectful. Work life balance are highly regarded.

Cons

Some people take advantage of the trust that leadership puts in them

3. 5.0

Great!

Sep 11, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coming from Big 4, this is a safe haven where the company genuinely practices what it preaches. I genuinely enjoy the great people that I work with, the work that I do, and the fact that leadership (at least in my market) has an open door policy for anyone and everyone. The Slalom Recruitment team knows what they are doing and hire some of not only the brightest and hardest working, but also some of the most genuine, caring, and kind people that I have the pleasure of knowing and working with!

Cons

Pay? I know many folks that have taken a pay-cut for a better work-life balance, but theoretically, if you look at the "hourly rate" for most individuals, chances are that it has probably increased since they have come over from their previous firm. Although the pay may not be as high as some other organizations or firms out there, I personally am able and willing to let-go of the somewhat negligible pay decrease for the increased enhancement and benefit to my mental and physical health - as well as the ability to actually spend time with family and friends

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A solid framework

Sep 21, 2022 - Senior Solution Architect in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Slalom has built a really solid framework(PEM) for delivering to clients. They also have built a "career development framework" and they put together a lot of resources to help you grow your career. Your people leader and others really advocate for you and your career growth. Slalom will also give out sizable raises without being prompted.

Cons

Consultant life: Sometimes requires team leadership to handle difficult clients, individual contributors will not have to deal with this typically. Time commitment: the expectation is to bill your client for a full week, but there are numerous additional activities that add on top of that, fortunately most are optional but they do count towards your career evaluation.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Slalom is a great place to work

Sep 23, 2022 - Principal Consultant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, great culture, lots of opportunity, and the company really does live it's values of putting people first.

Cons

Health Insurance options could be better. Some client work isn't the most interesting.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Unbelievably happy here

Sep 16, 2022 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

-the people. So genuine, so understanding, so willing to help -work life balance. I close my laptop by 6pm at the latest. My manager gets on me if I’m on any later than that. I don’t think about work outside of work. -benefits. The compensation is handsome. End of year bonus is great. 401k matching and other employee wellness funds/benefits -fun work, cool clients. -remote work, flexible living -great employee resources -intelligent colleagues

Cons

-nothing monumental. Only thing I wish they’d do different is match your 401k earlier

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic Culture

Jul 29, 2022 - Consultant in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are in the right department, you may have a good manager who cares about your well being. These departments are few and far between.

Cons

Slalom used to be a great company. Unfortunately, they're hiring a lot of Juniors and charging clients the price for Sr. Consultants. That's not "do the right thing always". They went from a caring company to a greed factory where the bosses bonus is more important than client outcome. I was also really underpaid and my male counterparts with less experience made more than me.

17 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive environment with a lot of flexibility

Sep 22, 2022 - Consultant in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

- clear guidelines for growing job title and salary over time - welcoming, supportive coworkers - ability to define own path - flexible, hybrid work structure

Cons

the job is often somewhat unstructured/self-directed, so you'll only like it if you enjoy taking initiative and defining your own path forward

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best consulting firm to work for

Sep 22, 2022 - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good work and life balance - Opportunities are given to individuals to grow - Open & Transparent leadership - Improved DEI and Gender parity

Cons

- Can offer better benefits (Health, Perks, Discounts, 401(k)) - Need to increase the # of PTOs

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Under-resourced

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a wonderful experience at Slalom and had many opportunities to grow in my career. The people and culture are fantastic.

Cons

When I first joined Slalom, my market was lean and scrappy and operated like a start up. This worked well at the time. Slalom grew from 4k to 12k employees in my time there, providing new opportunities to early career talent and expanding globally. With all this change, the recruiting, hiring, onboarding and internal operations remained the same- scrappy, under-resourced, and disorganized. Consultants and leaders billing full-time to clients had to take on internal operational roles just to keep the market afloat (e.g., run new hire onboarding sessions). By hiring only for sold roles (not bench), new hires could expect to start at the client on day one following a one hour PowerPoint onboarding. I had new hires with zero consulting experience reaching out to me asking where the training was, as they didn't feel equipped to take on clients on day one. As a leader, I was also tasked with selling and staffing roles. Without hiring to the bench, we rarely had the right resources available to staff at the right time. This resulted in either a mad dash to get offer eligible employees hired immediately, staffing the wrong people, or often losing the opportunity due to lack of resources.

20 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,188 Reviews

Slalom Reviews FAQs

Slalom has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 2,280 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at Slalom to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.