Slalom Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3

1,006 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work/life balance is definitely the best I've experienced (in 229 reviews)

• I have a great people manager who cares about my success in this role & compensation (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • Little work/life balance/flexibility - Slalom will claim that their focus on (in 30 reviews)

• After all these years still so much staff aug work as an individual contributor with limited leadership support (in 52 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best experience of my career"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Slalom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Leadership supports consultants and project teams
    - Awesome culture. Everyone I've worked with starts and ends the day with greetings.
    - Office perks. There are reoccurring Friday afternoon office social events, other holiday events, weekly brown bag meetings for learning.
    - Leadership has delivered on improving benefits like the 401k matching (as of now, 50% of the first 6% is matched)
    - Leadership and colleagues care about each other and the clients we serve
    - Opportunities and leadership support/visibility to work on innovative technologies through hackathons and sometimes client work.

Cons

- Unclear path for career progression at times
    - Clients and projects can be less than ideal at times
    - Benefits are average

Advice to Management

While it is a goal to grow rapidly, keep in mind the aspects of Slalom that really differentiates it from other consulting organizations. In my opinion these include making sure we sell the right types of projects to inspire and motivate our consultants; and maintaining our culture.

Slalom Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to hear that you feel supported by your local leadership, feel connected to your colleagues, and feel as though you have access to innovative technologies... More

2. "Great Working Environment!"

I have been working at Slalom full-time

Pros

*Best company I have ever worked for who look after their employees
    *Work life balance
    *Awesome culture! Smart, talented co-workers! Team players!
    *Family
    *Laugh everyday
     *Appreciated

Cons

Non that come to mind!

3. "There is something special here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Slalom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The values are lived every day by our people. We challenge one another to be better, support through hard time, and have fun along the way! I have never been part of an organization that is more genuine and authentic than Slalom. There are still stressors that come with any job, but I couldn't imagine working with smarter people who want to genuinely help you wherever they can. We are also a growing firm which is fun and allows for ideation as well as execution. We focus on outcomes but doing things the right way. Overall, I am excited to continue to grow myself personally and professionally at Slalom.

Cons

401k match has improved but could always be better.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people and making this place fun and open.

4. "Great Culture"

I have been working at Slalom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+ I work with smart and talented people that I am friends with outside of work

+ Company culture that values every role in the organization. I feel valued and appreciated, and am told that by my colleagues daily. I look forward to coming into the office

+ New public sector work makes me feel good about the impact we are making in the Denver community.

+Lots of opportunity to get involved and plenty of room for growth.

+Company really listens to feedback and takes action to change when a need is expressed

Cons

+ No women in upper management

+ Benefits and 401K contribution could improve-- 401K match did increase this year!

Advice to Management

Keep up what you're doing with culture. Work on adding diversity to upper management. More women and people of color on our leadership team would increase innovation and mirror Slalom's values of diversity and inclusion. Invest in diverse employees early and create a path for leadership opportunities down the road.

5. "Smart People with a Great Culture"

I have been working at Slalom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some incredibly smart people in Slalom who know what they want and doing everything possible to make it happen. I like that the leadership will listen to all levels of employees and that they try to maintain a strong culture of feedback so that we can constantly improve personally and as a company.

Cons

I don't have anything of value to add here.

6. "Slalom Culture rules over any other Consulting firm"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Slalom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel valued every day I come to work. I am constantly challenged to push my skills in order to deliver more value to the client. Slalom hires amazing, talented and generally fun to be around people. We operate by a very 'entrepreneurial' mentality where whatever ideas we come up with can be presented to Leadership for possible inclusion. Our executive leadership team is approachable, available and is constantly looking for areas of improvement and feedback. This is very flat organization where you're encouraged to 'do what you love.' If that means staying in a Consultant role it is completely fine.
    Overall I love working here because I feel empowered by my peers, encouraged to seek new areas of growth and surrounded by amazing people.

Cons

There can be times when you are staffed at a client to do work that doesn't align with your career path. It's the balance of being billable vs doing the work you are passionate about. Since it's a small office being on the bench waiting for the right role as opposed to any role is a fine balance.
    Also the benefits are lacking as compared to the bigger consulting firms. The 401K match is not great but they are making improvements to it as we grow.

7. "Disrupt yourself"

I have been working at Slalom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunities to learn are plenty. The people at Slalom care about the place they work, the people they work with, and the community they work in. The leaders care and invest in your success. It's challenging in the best way possible. The feedback culture helps you make quick pivots and get better along the way. I came to Slalom after being in another industry and was looking to disrupt myself, learn new things, work with incredible people, and be challenged. I found what I was looking for and then some.

Cons

Can sometimes be challenging to navigate all of the different ways to get involved.

8. "Choose your own adventure"

Current Employee - Operations in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Operations in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Slalom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance, unlimited training, the people.

Cons

Comp offered was not comp received.

9. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Slalom full-time

Pros

The culture is people centric with a strong drive towards company growth. I have felt welcomed and valued for my unique skill sets and strengths since my first day. There is a focus on being your authentic self and building a culture of feedback and collaboration.

Cons

With a market based approach, operating in 20+ markets it can be challenging to understand the structure of each as they seem to vary

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to streamline operations at the corporate level in an effort to gain stronger consistency across departments and markets. At times the structure can feel fractured.

10. "Authentic Core Values"

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people of this company live up to their core values every day. Great place to work for intrigued minds seeking variety in their assignments and passion in their teammates.

Cons

Not for those who seek to do the minimum for their weekly pay or those who struggle without rigid job structure.

Showing 1,006 of 1,028 reviews