KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.3
Slalom CEO Brad Jackson
Brad Jackson
1,088 Ratings
Pros
  • "Fantastic Work Life Balance is more than a slogan(in 311 reviews)

• "Great colleagues - overall great people(in 98 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lack of Diversity, Staff Aug roles at time, new framework with unclear expectations(in 63 reviews)

• "401k match could be better and more women in leadership(in 50 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What Slalom employees are saying

Join the conversation on

Consulting

3y

works at

Slalom Consulting

Slalom new hire here. So we're supposed to have work/life balance. After billing 40 hours to the client, there's commute time and expectations of doing a bunch of Slalom training and socializing.

77 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Slalom and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Honored to work here

Jul 27, 2021 - N/A
      Business Outlook

Pros

- My voice is heard - I feel I have the autonomy and flexibility to do my job well - The leaders and team members genuinely care for one another and our clients Slalom DC has set the bar for all other companies. I feel lucky to work here with amazing people, good work, and the time they invest to always be better than they were yesterday.

Cons

- You have to set boundaries with your time. If you can do that, then it can be a great experience here.

2 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty damn good

Sep 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company takes moral stances There isn't a culture of punishing people for policy violations that aren't malicious Company takes employee feedback very seriously

Cons

Company takes strong moral stances, but doesn't always live up to them. This comes across as hypocritical and can be frustrating Your mileage WILL vary depending on the city you're in Managers also vary, I've had a great one and one... eh.

3. 5.0

Best Consulting Company to work for in Boston

Sep 17, 2021 - Delivery Director in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People Great Culture A lot of Opportunity to Learn and growth

Cons

Going through the Pain of Growing

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful environment, supports life outside of work

Sep 10, 2021 - Talent Management Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Serious about supporting people's balance, interests and priorities outside of work. Rapid growth means ever changing and emerging opportunities for team members. New businesses and capabilities spinning up regularly.

Cons

fast growth and innovation leads to complexity and lack of communication among internal teams history of individual market's independence/autonomy makes it hard to scale and drive quality and consistency in the employee experience everywhere. maybe tries to do to much at any given time. would benefit from having fewer, more cohesive strategic priorities.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Happy

Sep 9, 2021 - Senior Consultant in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparency in the business model, financial performance, and diversity statistics. Slalom allows for a high quality of life in work and outside of work. I can make meaningful and long-lasting impact with our clients in the community. I don't feel like I'm dropping in to do a job and then leaving

Cons

Internal IT is more of a roadblock than an accelerator to serving our clients.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing onboarding experience

Sep 9, 2021 - Senior Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is amazing, the people are so supportive and friendly, the remuneration is above average.

Cons

The culture might not suit everyone. There is a strong "we are a family" sentiment that may not appeal to all.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

People are great

Sep 8, 2021 - Consultant in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance/ great managers

Cons

Tend to have long hours

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Slalom is true to their values and they put their people first

Sep 7, 2021 - Principal in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pandemic revealed Slalom's true nature: they doubled down on their people, demonstrated financial and business acumen while managing through crisis, and then accelerated as the economy started spending on consulting again.

Cons

Spread the culture I know in Seattle throughout the rest of the company so everyone can experience what I appreciate about this company

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I like it but I know people who don't

Sep 9, 2021 - Principal Consultant in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Slalom has the best corporate culture I have worked in. They genuinely care about their employees and this is driven down the people managers. I have felt supported in my career ambitions and have felt management has my back in case of a bad/hostile client environment.

Cons

It's a consultancy which comes with the usual baggage of upselling, even for the employees. I was never a day-to-day consultant so I cannot speak to the working conditions but the rumor has it Slalom underpays for the market (probably, we need to make a profit) and some engagements wind up being more staff aug than people expect.

10. 4.0

Great Company!

Sep 21, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at Slalom is for the Work-life balance and clientele

Cons

Lower salary compared to other firms

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,764 Reviews