Slalom Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4

1,095 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work/life balance is definitely the best I've experienced" (in 247 reviews)

• "I have a great people manager who cares about my success in this role & compensation" (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • "Little work/life balance/flexibility - Slalom will claim that their focus on" (in 31 reviews)

• "After all these years still so much staff aug work as an individual contributor with limited leadership support" (in 55 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best experience of my career"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Slalom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Leadership supports consultants and project teams
    - Awesome culture. Everyone I've worked with starts and ends the day with greetings.
    - Office perks. There are reoccurring Friday afternoon office social events, other holiday events, weekly brown bag meetings for learning.
    - Leadership has delivered on improving benefits like the 401k matching (as of now, 50% of the first 6% is matched)
    - Leadership and colleagues care about each other and the clients we serve
    - Opportunities and leadership support/visibility to work on innovative technologies through hackathons and sometimes client work.

Cons

- Unclear path for career progression at times
    - Clients and projects can be less than ideal at times
    - Benefits are average

Advice to Management

While it is a goal to grow rapidly, keep in mind the aspects of Slalom that really differentiates it from other consulting organizations. In my opinion these include making sure we sell the right types of projects to inspire and motivate our consultants; and maintaining our culture.

Slalom Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. It's wonderful to hear that you feel supported by your local leadership, feel connected to your colleagues, and feel as though you have access to innovative technologies... More

"Interview Experience at Slalom"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Slalom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Authentic and genuine people
    Opportunities to grow your skill set
    Frequent feedback
    Flexibility
    Ownership
    Employee owned
    Opportunities to get involved outside of the workplace

Cons

Lengthy interview process that caused me to get discouraged

3. "Talent Acquisition Analyst"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genuine, very bright, personable, high level of professionalism paired with high level of respect and acceptance for who I am as an individual and the experience and skills I bring. I will always remember my initial conversation with the first two recruiters. I went into the conversation prepared to speak, but also kind of frazzled about what I wanted in my next job. Upon leaving- I felt so enthused, energized and excited about what could be possible with Slalom! It was such a positive conversation that I thoroughly enjoyed! It was a game-changer for me and the path of my career- really showing me what could be possible in doing exciting work, building on my talent and passions, growing into different pathways, all with a culture of work/life balance.

Cons

Absolutely nothing has been negative.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

4. "Talent Acquisition Analyst"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Slalom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Slalom claims to be dedicated to putting people first. I immediately felt the sincerity in that claim from the first telephone conversation. The company is thorough in making sure it is a fit for candidates as well as ensuring candidates are a fit for the company. Overall, the company is committed to fostering professional growth, providing a positive experience on all ends and challenging the status quo.

Cons

The interview process is extensive, it would be helpful if a projected timeline could be shared early in the hiring process. However, Slalom does a great job of keeping candidates informed in the meantime.

5. "Interview in Boston"

I have been working at Slalom full-time

Pros

It was a fantastic experience . I'm so thrilled to have joined the team.

Cons

None thus far, to be determined!

6. "Consultant"

I have been working at Slalom full-time

Pros

Great company culture and people

Cons

Compensation package can be more competitive

"Building careers, culture and clients"

Current Employee - Client Partner in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Client Partner in Boston, MA

I have been working at Slalom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After a dozen years consulting in the Big 4, I moved to Slalom to help build the Boston office. Six years later I still feel it's the best career decision I've made. Slalom allows me to focus on things I'm passionate about, not just what I need to do at my client. I never feel I'm being told what to do, rather I'm being challenged to understand what I can do better and supported in that journey.
    When I made the switch, I worried a smaller company would limit growth but have found even more career opportunities – especially if you embrace an entrepreneurial spirit. While I no longer lead large off-shore teams, I am leading local teams of smart, multi-disciplinary consultants making massive impacts at clients. And it feels better doing it the right way, with respect for the individual, their family commitments, and career aspirations.

Cons

Slalom does not have a single approach to career growth, which can be challenging for some. For those who want to maximize their strengths and do more of what they love, it’s great. For those who do better with a checklist to get to the next level, it can be frustrating. Slalom is evolving in this space and providing more guidance than before. But it’s important to know career growth is still focused on the individual and guiding their passion versus a universal checklist of skills and activities.

8. "Love this place"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Slalom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance, learning opportunities, culture, colleagues, work itself.

Cons

My particular team could be winning more work.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Slalom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best company culture I've seen.

Cons

Because it's a very flat hierarchal structure, the idea of 'moving up' is very difficult to fully grasp.

Advice to Management

Be clearer regarding professional advancement opportunities and how those are applied to compensation adjustments.

10. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at Slalom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Slalom has an awesome culture supported by great people and leaders.
    As a consulting organization the breadth of offerings spanning business advisory and technology really set them apart from others.

Cons

There are non cons as far as I'm concerned.
    It is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great communication and empowering employees to do their best work.

Showing 1,095 of 1,124 reviews