Slalom Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

4.3
Pros
  • "Fantastic Work Life Balance is more than a slogan(in 311 reviews)

• "Great colleagues - overall great people(in 98 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lack of Diversity, Staff Aug roles at time, new framework with unclear expectations(in 63 reviews)

• "401k match could be better and more women in leadership(in 50 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Slalom and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awesome culture

Jan 8, 2021 - Consultant in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative culture, great people, care about staff and community, interested in your development, inspiring leadership, no required travel

Cons

PTO policy could be a bit better compared to other consulting firms, but hey . . . no travel required.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great overall

Jan 14, 2021 - Principal in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, leadership that cares, teams that work together and don't compete, interesting work, flexibility and overall work-life balance, innovative and entrepreneurial

Cons

Pay and benefits are not competitive.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Consultant

Jan 15, 2021 - Consultant in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues - overall great people

Cons

compensation does not match what they promote

President & Co-founder, North America

This is John Tobin. Share the feedback to your People Business Partner and/or leadership what you feel is your justified compensation for your skills, experience, and market. If you want to share more with me regarding what your exact situation is, simply email me at johnt@slalom.com to set up a time to talk. Alternatively, if you’d like to share more feedback anonymously, please consider doing so via this survey: http://slalom.ws/anonsurvey.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working for Slalom

Dec 1, 2020 - Security Consultant in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Great benefits Fun environment Interesting and fun projects

Cons

Leadership varies from practice to practice

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cool projects with opportunities for growth

Aug 30, 2020 - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, opportunities to learn through projects, work life balance.

Cons

People can get to be very echo-chambery- not bad when the topic is work-related, but pretty annoying when it comes to politics.

6. 5.0

Great People and Company

May 22, 2020 - Salesforce Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really great people, interesting projects, fun retreats

Cons

If you're on the cross-team department, you still have to live near an office. This team is the one that does the traveling and augmentation for other offices. I never had to go to my home office as my teams and projects were all over the country, rarely in the city I lived in. Would have been nice to have more flexibility to live anywhere if I was WFH home or traveling all the time. This may have changed since I last worked there though.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good from the beginning until trust was broken

Jul 7, 2020 - Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredibly intelligent and kind people - Awesome network of resources around the nation - People-focused (for the most part, not all-inclusive) - If you're a 29-45 year old consultant, this is the place for you. Great people, but the vast majority of the office falls into that age group. If you're coming straight out of college, I personally would've potentially preferred a different firm.

Cons

- Leadership loves and welcomes the word diversity but the only diversity I've observed them pursue until recently is gender parity. As a person of color, I didn't feel they completely had my interests at heart until there was pressure from the world. - Talked about during the interview process and confirmed within 2 months of starting, I brought up work travel, asking if there were opportunities. They said I could if that was what I desired. To that, I said I want to travel as close to 100% as possible. It's been over a year since I started and I haven't gotten an opportunity to travel for projects. - Earlier in the interview process, I asked if I would be acting in an individual contributor on projects. I'm a growing professional who wants to learn from the intelligent people at Slalom. They said I wouldn't be alone. The last two projects I've been assigned to, I've either been the only Slalom employee at the client or the only Slalom resource on the project. - Slalom told me I would receive a promotion in 6-12 months if I delivered after I started. About 9 months in, I took the initiative to play a role on a project two promotions above my current position. I delivered well, the client trusted me from the beginning of the project, and we worked well together. Thirteen months later, even after delivering exceptionally, I'm still promotion-less with a promotion date that stands as TBD.

9 people found this review helpful

President & Co-founder, North America

This is John Tobin. I would love a chance to talk to you further about some of these items. Of course, I would always encourage you to talk to your GM on these items too. It is COVID. No one is really traveling. And frankly at Slalom, as you know, we have a no unwanted travel policy. Most people in local markets, do not travel. If you wanted to travel here, there are groups within Slalom where that is likely (like RDT), but it might be a little tougher to get in some of those teams earlier in your career. Anyway, I would very much welcome the dialog. Simply email me at johnt@slalom.com to set up a time to talk. Alternatively, if you’d like to share more feedback anonymously, please consider doing so via this survey: http://slalom.ws/anonsurvey.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Beware

Oct 19, 2019 - Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, very smart and hardworking. Lots of legit rockstars. Great leadership at highest levels, who always listen and mostly care. Lots of opportunities to work on community projects with teammates. Recruiting teams - excellent. Year One - excellent.

Cons

Staff aug work, zero strategy, disconnect from leaders. ITP...aka Ambiguous deadend journey to some promotion or title change that could arbitrarily end in 'nope'? Joke. If you're not a rockstar or not ok with being in the boys club, do not bother. Lots of talk about culture, but its only at low level, not with leadership... at that level, its just about a marketing firm and money machine selling consultant services and resources. Aka Cult-ure. (URE = U R expendable). And JT, I'm sure you'll reply to this... you could always answer emails, too.

23 people found this review helpful

President & Co-founder, North America

This is John Tobin. You obviously know me, so why don't you send me an email or call my cell - I'd be happy to talk to you more about this if you would like. I will forward to the Boston leadership team and alternatively, if you’d like to share more feedback anonymously, please consider doing so via this survey: http://slalom.ws/anonsurvey.

9. 4.0

Emerging

Sep 22, 2020 - Principal in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, opportunities and work/life balance

Cons

Still emerging in the SF market

10. 3.0

Okay

Sep 5, 2020 - Human Resources Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of great people, fun perks

Cons

Not a great salary for corporate employees.

1 person found this review helpful