Sleep Number Corporation Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2019

1.0
Sleep Number Corporation CEO Shelly Ibach
Shelly Ibach

"good company to work for"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

They car about their employees, and have different events to show appreciation.

Cons

Very strict on hours, being 60 seconds late is equal to missing half a days work, 2 minutes equal to missing an entire day.

Sleep Number Corporation2014-11-11

"The company and Floor Supervisors are horrible along with the Lead Supervisor"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The rate of starting pay compared to other jobs in the market. The set hours and work schedule.

Cons

The mandatory overtime. The point system. The management. The way PTO is earned. The bullying culture. The terrible training. The fact that you have to take on back up roles as a general rep but do not get shift pay when you do so.

Advice to Management

When several reps tells you that they were bullied by your floor supervisors, do not just tell them there is "policies and procedures" that needs to be taken in place, and keep that supe on board. The Senior Manager pretends she has your back in order for it to not get escalated to her superior. I truly hope somebody stands up for the culture of what Sleep Number supposedly stands for.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-08-23

"Smoke and Mirrors"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Their values sound good, too bad they don't actually believe in them or practice them.

Cons

It is the most hostile work environment I've ever experienced. Rampant ignorance of the value of diversity and racism rages within the confines of the call center.

Advice to Management

Practice your values and hold your employees accountable for their behaviors.

Sleep Number Corporation2018-09-26

"customer service"

Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation for more than a year

Pros

It's a job, but keep looking! !

Cons

Terrible computer software. awful attendance policy. Do not work there, keep looking, or do sales. Many long term employees left when they changed to a new software program.Customer complaints are through the roof, because there beds were never delivered.

Advice to Management

Get a better software program, or just go back to the old one, at least it worked! Change your attendance policy, sometimes people are one minute late, and they also have children to care for if they are sick!

Sleep Number Corporation2015-11-24

"Peace out meanies!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay in comparison to other companies. Although, don't expect an annual raise. They always find someway to wiggle out of that.

Cons

This company cycles through employees. They want blind subordination. They have cut CS out of all company events and parties. Including fire drills. Benefits are a joke. Stand outside the corporate office at noon and take a poll to verify that everyone hates working there. Don't work here; they will steal your soul.

Advice to Management

Stop aimlessly wandering the hallways waiting for other people to tell you what to think. Do the right thing every once in awhile so you don't end up eternally damned.

Sleep Number Corporation2015-04-20

"Worst company to work for, they do not care about their employees."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is in a good location (corporate office).

Cons

Management is horrible. The company policies are disgusting, it is like being in Kindergarten again. My teen age daughter gets treated with more respect at her job that I do. Expected to do "catch up work" during your breaks and lunch, or you get talked to. No communication between management and employees, management is NEVER around to help out with questions/issues/problems. You get paid very little for what... is expected of you.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees. Be around to help.

Sleep Number Corporation2014-12-02
  7. "Freedom to help the customer"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management gives you the power to do what's best for the customer

Cons

Lack of communication between Home Delivery and customer service

Advice to Management

Get rid of Xogistics

Sleep Number Corporation2014-10-22

"Worst job I have ever had."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employee discount and a few coworkers.

Cons

This is the absolute worst customer service job I have ever experienced. They have the most ridiculous attendance policy I have ever seen. I saw people getting fired for getting in an accident on the way to work. The turnover is incredible. People get fired and storm out every day. There were also people crying at their desks and having panic attacks once a week. They never got the staffing right and we were... slammed by constant calls. The entire year I worked there I was terrified of getting in an accident and being fired. almost impossible to take time off without it counting against you. Supervisors are either clueless or in meetings constantly. The only time anyone acknowledges your presence is when they are telling you about something you did wrong. The pay was low and I never saw a cent of the supposed bonuses. Terrible. One of the worst years of my life. I felt like worse than a faceless number.

Advice to Management

Step down. You need to be replaced by someone who knows how to treat their employees better.

Sleep Number Corporation2014-05-15