KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 879 of over 909 reviews

3.3
Sleep Number Corporation President and CEO Shelly Ibach
Shelly Ibach
Pros
  • "Great product lineup, excellent quality(in 90 reviews)

• "The beds are great and you get to hear great stories from customers on how you changed their lives(in 76 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance, some leadership concerns(in 77 reviews)

• "Upper Management doesnt care about you(in 60 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sleep Number Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Say yes if you get the chance

Jun 2, 2021 - Information Technology
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work for corporate office as a remote resource - love how they support work/life balance. My supervisor is open, honest and really values my opinion *something I was unable to give at my old company They have onboarding and training - made me feel like part of the company right away!!!!

Cons

IT can be a little siloed, if you have a cross functional development/implementation need it can take awhile or you may not be prioritized. Need a little more cross functional project process put in place.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our goal is to make sure you are supported at work and at home, we are so happy to hear you feel supported in both. We will share your feedback with our leadership team. Thank you for being apart of #TeamSleepNumber.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good job

Jan 21, 2022 - Field Service Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Great managers

Cons

Slow months in middle of the year

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, great pay, ample training, advancement opportunities

Cons

Customer service and delivery team issues. The company needs to fix delivery problems that sometimes cost you your commission. It doesn't happen often but it's frustrating.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee

Sleep Number

Jan 21, 2022 - Store Manager in Waldorf, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great store manager collaboration and learn a lot about sleep

Cons

Requires you to do more than sales - there are a lot of duties to complete and ask of you

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

WORST PLACE IVE EVER WORKED!

Dec 10, 2021 - Sales Professional in Palm Desert, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

15 minute drive to store?

Cons

1) Direct competition with your manager. This Manager sets up appointments on his days off because he doesn’t want to work the sale, then will try to steal your commission. 2) The more successful you are, the higher your quota will be! This company does NOT want to reward TOP PRODUCERS! I brought in over 1.3 million my first 9 months and had to fight every day for my commissions. 3) Commission structure is a joke for Successful EXPERIENCED Sales People. 4) Favoritism runs rampant and the MSL will lie if they don’t like you. 5) High discrimination against females who are more successful than males 6) Unfair distribution of leads 7) Important emails from corporate will “mysteriously” disappear… 8) MAXIMUM MICRO MANAGEMENT. They claim to watch your every move, but when you request a phone conversation o demo footage for proof of lies from management they claim they can’t provide. 9) Manager leaves before 3 p.m. most days but clocks out from home at 6p.m. 10)Manager was incompetent with inventory control and store was always lacking in high selling bedding. 11) HIGH STRESS job for LOW PAYING WAGES 12) This year, this company ran off THOUSANDS of million dollar writers due to pure CORPORATE GREED. 13) Horrible, horrible experience. Would not recommend.

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

Hello, thank you for your years of service with us, and for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear you had a difficult experience with disputing leadership styles. We acknowledge your frustration, and we would love the opportunity to address this further with you. We are looking to capture the voice of our retail team, and continually improve the team member experience. We encourage you to share your feedback with our Human Resources team at humanresources@sleepnumber.com.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good place

Jan 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the staff real good

Cons

Not really anything negative at this time

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Competitive Pay, Honest Sales, Minimal Stress

Dec 21, 2021 - Sleep Number Sleep Associate in Santa Fe, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, chill environment though that depends heavily on the culture the store and district managers create, a great product to sell that truly improves people’s lives.

Cons

Shareholders matter more than workers, which translates to higher sales plans every year, meaning you have to work harder to make the same amount of money you made the year before.

Talent Community Manager

Hello, thanks for your positive review. We appreciate your time with us, and for taking the time to reflect on your experience. We are happy to hear you benefitted from our purpose-driven culture and product, and will take note of additional feedback.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not the great company it was before Socialism set in

Oct 6, 2021 - Sleep Expert in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product. Descent work life balance

Cons

Horrible commission structure. Bonus is based on socialism. If one person does 10 times the sales, all bonuses are the same. Weak salespeople get lower goals so they can make more money. During a sales contest, weak salespeople earned bigger rewards for less performance. Goals are outrageous! Stores are open 20 or more hours less per week than pre-covid, but goals are 20 to 30 percent higher than they were. No matter how well you perform, the MSL and RVP are NEVER satisfied. You're expected to bring your iPad home and call customers who look at beds online all hours of the day and night. You're expected to spend 90% off your day on the phone harassing previous owners trying to get them to upgrade. Delivery takes 4 to 6 weeks, and if the driver screws up the delivery, or if the Delivery team cancels the delivery, the customer has to wait an additional 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Cancelations are at an all time high. Customer Service is atcan all time low.

11 people found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your years of service working in our stores, and for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear you benefited from the gift of quality sleep. We are disappointed to hear about your experience with cancelations on our delivery team. They work hard daily to ensure the best service possible for our customers, although we realize there may be gaps due to the current global supply chain constraints. We encourage you to utilize our HR team (humanresources@sleepnumber.com) as an additional resource to share your feedback. We appreciate any opportunity to capture the voice of our team, and are continually looking for ways to improve our team member experience.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

The Best

Jan 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care Advancement Recognition Benefits Family environment

Cons

Periodic mandatory overtime, a necessary evil

Talent Community Manager

Hello, thank you for your years of service in improving lives through individualized sleep experiences. We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and felt supported in your career. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company, Great Pay, Crappy Hours

Sep 20, 2021 - Sales Professional in Grand Rapids, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Sleep Number offers very competitive pay, great benefits, and is an overall great place to work.

Cons

The worst part about Sleep Number is having to work almost every holiday because that is when they have their big sales. There are usually only 3-4 employees per store so that basically means that everyone has to work on the busy sales holidays. They used to really push for Store Managers to do outside events, but don't always give them the tools that they need to make it a successful event. These events are largely a huge waste of time and energy. Time that would be better used doing other things to improve the store.

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

Thanks for your positive review, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience working in our stores. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our team members' lives, we are glad you benefitted from our extensive wellbeing benefit package. We understand the challenges with holiday hours, and we will be sure to share your feedback with the leaders in your area. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 879 Reviews

Sleep Number Corporation Reviews FAQs

46% of Sleep Number Corporation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sleep Number Corporation 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sleep Number Corporation to be career development, coworkers, compensation and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Sleep Number Corporation Job Seekers