Sleep Number Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Store Leader"

Current Employee - Store Leader in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Helping folks learn to sleep better is incredible! Innovative products that have cutting edge design. Company puts faith in it’s people to improve lives. Well designed showrooms are inviting.

Cons

None. The career you can create here by helping others is rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue putting your faith in the people as they are your greatest asset.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-03-21

"Interview Experience"

Human Resources in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation

Pros

First, I want to clarify that I am not employed with Sleep Number, however, currently interviewing. I have applied and interviewed with dozens of companies and none of my previous experiences have been as transparent, organized and enriching. Throughout the entire process, each individual that I’ve met with displayed passion, brand love and why they personally loved working for Sleep Number. After each interaction,... I became more and more invested and eager to become a member of their staff! However things end, I am an advocate for this company and Would recommend anyone to apply and experience the interview process with Sleep Number!

Cons

None. My experience was wry pleasant!

Advice to Management

None.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-07-24

"Commission puts bandaids on deep wounds"

Current Employee - Digital Chat Experience Professional in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Commission for chat sales, lovely building, great coworkers, bonuses if company does well. Company is diversity friendly.

Cons

Low base pay, high stress, overwhelming, abusive customers, not enough power to resolve customer issues. Sometimes policies for resolving tech issues are unclear. Websites needed for resolving customer issues break often. Excessive requests for mandatory overtime during holidays.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers more about stress, you might be able to reduce turnover.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-11-14
  4. "Store Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay, great product, great coaching and training.

Cons

Retail sales, so working holidays and weekends with extending holiday hours.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-10-29

"Great Benefits, Great Pay, Great People - But You Are Required to HARASS Your Customers"

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic pay, great environment, great benefits with a strong company moving forward.

Cons

You are required to harass your customers until they buy, block your number or tell you to LEAVE THEM ALONE. This was supposed to be a sale position, but it turned into telemarketing where at times you are required to make 150 calls a day. Nothing you do is ever enough too, you are always doing something wrong. You are also micro-managed and have to report your daily activities like a child.

Advice to Management

People do not like phone calls anymore, if they are under 45 they will not answer the phone, at all, ever. Being required to call a customer every single day (or else) is draining and pushes them away. Micro-managing and requiring a full run-down of what you did all day conveys that you do not trust your employees to work - in a commission based environment this makes no sense. Your employees are working hard,... they're good, they're reaching out. You don't need to treat them like they are not working or are constantly doing something wrong.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-10-29

"Decent money for what it is"

Current Employee - Sales Professional

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time

Pros

Good money, cool product, lots of training

Cons

Company expects you to make phone calls all day

Advice to Management

Better advertising, leas busy work

Sleep Number Corporation2019-10-15

"It was fun while it lasted"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and money while it lasted.

Cons

Change in structure due to the company moving in "different directions" pay was great at one point, however it all changed around 2016. Everyone left and I mean everyone.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-10-08

"Not what it once was"

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation

Pros

The money is awesome for the amount of work you do. The product is great and the customers are fun most of the time.

Cons

This is one of the most stressful jobs I have ever had. I have been a top performer for years. Now that I am having a rough year the heat is on. I love my job and this company. However I don’t need to have anxiety daily because district managers rule with fear and punishment. I don’t work for a leader - I work for a boss. And everyone feels it.

Advice to Management

This isn’t the new Kay jewelers...yet.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-09-30

"I love the company in a whole, but was not happy with my district."

Former Employee - Sleep Professional in Mobile, AL

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company has a great product. I am a life long customer. It gave me a chance to build relationships with people and help them improve their quality of life. The environment is very good in the stores. The way the opportunity system is set up is very clear which feels less cut throat. The benefits are very good. The opportunity to move up in the company comes rater fast, especially if you are willing to relocate.

Cons

The commission rates are complicated. Meaning that the way the percentages are paid out could be difficult to grasp in the beginning.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to get to know the SPs and SAs in your stores. I personally did not feel safe going to my district manager with confidential information. My particular district seemed uninterested in equality as far as sex, race or social status. I left the company feeling unappreciated, over looked, and misused.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-10-09
  10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sleep Professional

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with the company for almost 5 years and I think it is a great place to work. Pay is competitive, many promotions are internal promotions which gives current employees the chance to grow and progress with the company, and you get out of it what you put in.

Cons

Schedule is a little tricky as it is inconsistent from week to week and you have to deal with holiday/retail hours.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-09-26