Sleep Number Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Sleep Number Corporation President and CEO Shelly Ibach
Shelly Ibach

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is a great product, innovative company (in 67 reviews)

• Sleep Number has an amazing product (in 51 reviews)

1. "Specialist"

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the mission and vision of the company. It's empowering work that improves lives. I love the nature of the work - especially the NFL partnership - and how you are encouraged to work with so many different partners across the business. The work/life balance and the company's culture are huge benefits too.

Cons

Depending on where you live, being downtown can be a hassle. But, the company is flexible about working remote, which helps a ton.

2. "Improving lives through better sleep"

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time

Pros

Customer and employee focused mission. Engaged employees.

Cons

Not fast to make decisions

"New to Company"

Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Store Manager Trainee in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly teams with in district and great training! Female CEO, who seems brilliant! The company seems to recognize and give rewards and benefits to top employees! Product is amazing! Your helping people get a great night sleep! What could be better???

Cons

Even though there is a female CEO, the rest of the company or districts seem very male dominated leadership roles! I was hired to be bench for a SM role and being female I am concerned as to if I will ever be place in that role. Being that I have massive experience and confirmed success, I want to be placed in that role with this wonderful company. But I want the same chance as my male peers.

I see lots of great things with the company and the direction and I truly hope our time together will be a huge success for them and me! I love the product and I love the message! But you only win through your people. The internal customer is part of that equation and so far this company seems to get that.

Commission is good! Base could be a tad higher. But there are great ways to earn a decent income here! I am excited for the opportunity and I am glad I made the decision to join the Sleep Number team! Thank you!

Advice to Management

Please give a fair look at your internal female leaders! Continue to grow and support your teams! That’s the only way to win!!

4. "Field Service Supervisor"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hours and great benefits.

Cons

Sometimes work days off

Advice to Management

Treat employees like gold

Feb 12, 2018 – Employer Brand

Hey -- thanks for the five stars! Glad you're feeling good about being part of the team. We're happy to have you. #chopchopboom -- Kellie

5. "Field Leadership"

Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Field Sales Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is aligned behind our Vision and Mission to improve lives by individualizing Sleep experiences! One team, one dream, pretty cool to be a part of.

Cons

As in most retail job the peaks are high and the valleys are low. If there was a way to flatten the shopping patterns out to more predictable earnings the job would be perfect.

Advice to Management

Keep Dreaming Big! Love the direction!

Feb 5, 2018 – Employer Brand

Glad you're excited about the direction we're headed -- the future of sleep! -- and that you like being part of our team. We agree that it's pretty cool stuff. Thanks for everything you do to improve... More

6. "Lots of exciting work happening at Sleep Number!"

Current Employee - Home Office in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Home Office in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sure, it may be fast-paced and sometimes a tad political, but at Sleep Number you're guaranteed to work on some fun and exciting projects.

In the last month alone, we've gone to the Consumer Electronics show, participated as a host for the Super Bowl in our hometown and we just announced a partnership with the NFL.

I can honestly say that I've done some of the biggest, boldest work of my career at Sleep Number. And this year is shaping up to be even better.

Cons

Some leaders' opinions matter more than others and it's not always possible to persuade. Definitely some politics creeping into the culture.

Advice to Management

Be open to hearing from a broader group of team members about what's important. You've hired some super smart people. We've got this!

Feb 6, 2018 – Employer Brand

You're right -- we've had an exciting start to 2018 thanks to our team members. Appreciate your enthusiasm and all of the BIG and BOLD work you're doing for the company. Cheers to the year ahead... More

7. "Store Manager"

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great product. Amazing Pay when goals are met

Cons

Overbearing and can feel like they have lost their way as a company on what the product actually is.

Feb 5, 2018 – Employer Brand

Thanks for sharing your perspective -- and for everything you do to improve our customers lives. -- Kellie

"Not a hard Job. Very expensive bed for what it is. Pay is ok for retail so are the hours."

Pros

Opportunity to succeed in the right store you can make good money. Stuck in a bad store you can starve.

Cons

The biggest issues is the poor Point of sale system. It goes down all the time. Customers walk out because the computer isn't working can cost you a sale.

Advice to Management

Fix your POS.

Feb 19, 2018 – Employer Brand

Appreciate you sharing your feedback. We know not everything about our point-of-sale (POS) system is state of the art but we are investing in our systems and infrastructure in a very strategic and... More

9. "Field Services"

Current Employee - Field Service
    Current Employee - Field Service

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New focus on delivery of white-glove installation for top-of-the-line product.

Cons

The company is still finding it's way resulting in some disorganization and mis-communication issues.

Advice to Management

Keep on the path, the growing pains will be overcome.

Feb 5, 2018 – Employer Brand

Hey -- thanks for the 5 stars! Glad you like the focus on great service and appreciate you hanging in there with us while we work to improve some of our processes. Hope you're excited about the NEW... More

10. "Great place to work and wonderful people to work with."

Current Employee - Order Management Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Order Management Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great mission, great vision, great product. I look forward to going to work every day. Love the new office.

Cons

I liked the old office because it was closer. It's a longer commute into downtown. The office is so much nicer though.

Jan 19, 2018 – Employer Brand

Thanks for stopping by and for the 5-star review! LOVE that you specifically called out people, mission, vision and product since they're at our core and truly inform everything we do.

We know... More