Sleep Number Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2019

3.1
Sleep Number Corporation CEO Shelly Ibach
Shelly Ibach

"One of the worst Jobs I ever had"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can make money with hard work

Cons

Not worth the internal bickering

Sleep Number Corporation2019-06-05
  2. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary and benefits are good.

Cons

Retail hours can be demanding.

Advice to Management

Yearly pay increases.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-05-22

"Very Stressful Job!"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in No Name, CO

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The beds really help people sleep better! Good customer service

Cons

Sleep Number why is that you pay managers a strong base , commission and a bonus every month and have them in the sales rotation while you only pay the sales people the bare minimum, it's like you are in competition with your manager . I have a manager that spends most of the time on personal phone calls to his family and not paying attention to what is going on in his store, always on his cell phone either texting... or personal stuff. Very frustrating when you want to talk to him and he really not paying attention to you and could care less . You can be up and it's a customer service issue you have to take care of then the next up your manager gets a 12k lay down sale! Not fair! The managers should take care of all the customer service issues and let the sales persons do there job! It creates a very hostile environment and a lot of resentment. It creates a not so healthy environment. If the store is not at goal then you have them work 6 days a week so more ups for them , not right. Our job is to help people and solve their sleeping issues well it's very hard to pass that on when you yourself do not feel valued or appreciated and not paid appropriately. We are human selling to humans so Sleep Number you need to pass that on to us. We have to work holidays and work long and late hours. Why is it that we have to call these call lists that have very old numbers and half the numbers are disconnected, isn't it against the Telecom Law? I think it is.. Please hear my voice..

Advice to Management

Please change the UP system and the way the managers , pay more attention to the way managers manage.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-06-11

"The worst senior leadership on the planet"

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Co-workers become like family and the work is interesting.

Cons

Terrible senior leadership. Culture is that of under-educated self-important egos.

Advice to Management

Listen to people who do the work

Sleep Number Corporation2019-06-12

"Terrible and Perfect Co Workers"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in New York, NY

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

When you work with a well motivated, No BS, lets finish this route ASAP and go home co worker, its the most satisfying feeling ever. Work as fast as you can, and so do they. Its amazing, you could do 2 or more routes in 1 day if you could when you work with someone serious.

Cons

Terrible Co workers exist. Sleep Number never wants to fire Delivery Techs, they really should. If you get paired with a crappy co worker who sells mattresses on the side, gets to work 30 or an hour late, works like a slob, doesnt wanna help etc theres nothing you can do. If you report them and get them fired and you have a small team for your region, youll be stuck with a temp until God knows when and if a new tech... comes and theyre slow and stupid also, you just dont wanna work anymore. Thats the situation I am in right now, if I report this chimpanzee alcoholic divorced off the rails neanderthal, Ill have to work with a temp, waste my time to go pick them up explain how to build the beds etc.

Advice to Management

Do surprise drug tests. So some of these goddamn idiot Delivery Techs who get away with everything can get fired.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-06-09
  6. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good commission structure and elite, proprietary products

Cons

Low hourly and have to repeat yourself almost verbatim over and over

Advice to Management

Up the hourly and give more bonus opportunities. Also let there be more wiggle room with the presentation

Sleep Number Corporation2019-05-07

"I worked as retail sales and your income depends on what store and who is store manager"

Current Employee - Sleep Professional in Newark, DE

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good friendly environment again depends on the store manager, You will make money if they don't over staff

Cons

Telemarketing is dead get over it.

Advice to Management

Respect employees specially sales people

Sleep Number Corporation2019-05-15
  8. "Ok"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great product, good sales training

Cons

high goals, tons of phone calls required daily

Sleep Number Corporation2019-05-19

"Great, but not Perfect"

Former Employee - Bed Delivery/Assembly Tech in Omaha, NE

I worked at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, simple enough work, great exercise

Cons

Can be taxing on body if not prepared for weight

Sleep Number Corporation2019-04-21

"I'm disappointed in you Sleep Number"

Current Employee - Sleep Expert

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good product with the potential to be excellent if there was more focus on fixing the technology we have rather than sprinting headlong to the next thing. Really helps with sleep and over all health, one of the few beds actually made to last with a warranty that is for more than just show.

Cons

What are you doing? Why are you pushing software updates on software that doesn't work as it is? Why do you care about ergonomics at corporate but make it extremely hard on the sales team for the sake of a "clean" look? Why is it we were told like 8 months ago they know we have computers with bad hardware that cannot properly support the software, yet we are still stuck with it? Why are store managers not allowed to... run their own store? Why are we severely micromanaged? Why is it I'm in sales but spend probably half my day troubleshooting tech? Why are we encouraged to not tell our customers the truth when a mistake was made? Why are your surveys set up to get the answers you want rather than to allow for a open honest discussion that may actually lead to growth?

Advice to Management

I'm asking questions because as a whole this company seems to ignore statements. Most people really want to like their job, but being slapped down all the time, having people make our job harder and harder and not caring isn't helping in case you didn't know.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-04-12