Sleep Number Corporation Sales Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2019

4.8
Sleep Number Corporation CEO Shelly Ibach
Shelly Ibach
  1. "Great Place To Grow Professionally"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great compensation! Good work/life balance. Great Healthcare, life insurance, 401k match.

Cons

Holiday hours (retail) The pay can swing as it is a performance for pay environment.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-07-14

"District Manager"

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everything !!!! This position does not feel like a retail role instead you will feel like a true brand ambassador this is the best sales organization I’ve ever worked for the passion for improving sleep quality and individualization is 100% legit. The grass is green at Sleep Number come onboard you will not regret it.

Cons

Slow CRM but a lot of money was invested so we must make it work .

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing !!!

Sleep Number Corporation2019-01-11
  3. "Sales manager"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great mission helping people. Pay can be good when sales are good. Work life balance is excellent for retail. It is retail so night and weekends. The beds are great and you get to hear great stories from customers on how you changed their lives. Management seems to listen and respond.

Cons

It can be slow with sometimes you just working by yourself. You have to really like making phone calls. Computer systems are outdated and slow and that can be frustrating.

Sleep Number Corporation2018-08-28
  4. "Amazing management and pay"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, management listens, promotion potential

Cons

Hours, weekends, holidays, that’s about it

Sleep Number Corporation2018-06-29

"Smart Leadership, Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Store Sales Manager in Fargo, ND

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At no point do you ever feel like the tools to be successful at your job were not available to use. The company focuses on a mix of servant-leadership along with the push of constant growth and training. As a result of this mixed system, it feels like your leader is both taking care of you and push you to grow to help you do some extraordinary things. There is also a huge focus on the the overall health and... wellness technology aspect of the company that not only gives a great story to share with your customers but also family and friends. What separates a job from a career is the ability to identify the value and passion you bring to both your customers and employees or lives and with that in mind, Sleep Number will truly never lack value or passion.

Cons

It is easy to get caught up with genuine engagement you get at work and as a result your work-life balance at times gets a little muddied. However, engagement in better transparency with employees has created a noticeable uptick in this. Being bold enough to request time enough should be encouraged and has translated to happier employee engagement.

Advice to Management

Being one of the most innovative companies in the industry means that sometimes our path looks harder, tougher and more callous than staying on the safe road. Please continue down this innovative path. The experiences, products and stories that we get to tell people not only create a stronger brand identity but allow us to engage with people on a separate level that resonates much louder. Some companies beat their... dumb louder, Sleep Number just enjoys the music. You ask your employees in retail to be bold and have a genuine conversation everyday on solutions that will work for them. My ask for management is to be bold enough to keep innovating people, products and processes so we can keep telling our story to more people.

Sleep Number Corporation2018-05-21

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Your location is a big part the senior management is unorganized. If you are in the right location and have a leader that understands sales, you can grow.

Cons

A corporation should not have the "buddy system". Management doesn't work as a team. Being told to different things by different people that go against policy. They leave you with no help. Sales and customer service isn't their most important goal. Leaders favorites will successes and will most likely be male. Be prepared to work more than scheduled and expected to do it off the clock and keep your mouth shut... and just be a leader.

Advice to Management

Know what your District Managers are doing. The values of this company are being smothered by their interpataion of "policies"

Sleep Number Corporation2017-08-31
  7. "Store manager"

Store Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation

Pros

Sleep Number is the best company I have ever worked for. Upper management asks and listens to what you have to say. You get to improve people's lives and get compensated generously.

Cons

There is little work life balance

Sleep Number Corporation2017-04-16
  8. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The most rewarding retail company I've ever worked for. The company genuinely cares about their associates. You can write your own salary based on your passion and drive. We own our business and are able to think outside the box to bring more traffic to our stores. There's a lot of tenure in our company and turnover is minimal.

Cons

This is a career, if you're looking for a job that doesn't hold you accountable, doesn't challenge you and a company who is constantly evolving, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to be AWESOME!

Sleep Number Corporation2017-02-10

"The Worst Company In My Work History"

Sales Manager

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation for more than 5 years

Pros

I will just type enough words to get the minimum characters necessary. I really feel there are no "Pros" in working here.

Cons

The highest markup, yet the lowest commission rate, in retail mattress sales. A few years back, it still worked okay because of dollar volume. But as consumers have become more aware of the constant deception, coupled with uncaring service after the sale, dollar volume has dropped. This has resulted in a 33-percent revenue drop for the company in the most recent quarter, plus the lowest stock price (by far) in... several years.

Advice to Management

Quit being greedy and arrogant. It worked for a while, but it no longer does.

Sleep Number Corporation2016-02-16
  10. "Store Manager"

Store Sales Manager

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation

Pros

Great leadership and sales process

Cons

A lot of hours, small staff

Sleep Number Corporation2015-09-23