Sleep Number Corporation Sales Professional Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Sleep Number Corporation Sales Professional Reviews

Updated Oct 15, 2019

2.8
Sleep Number Corporation CEO Shelly Ibach
Shelly Ibach
  1. "Great Bonus Structure"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Houston, TX

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is the most satisfaction I have ever had working in a sales job. My customer's life is being changed by the product we sell. I enjoy each day, especially pay day. Their three tier commision plan pays big for performance

Cons

Takes a couple of months to learn what is needed about the product and probably another six before you have full knowledge to handle all situations. Training is very specific to help get you to that place. Worse part of job is the Siebel system. It is slow and overly complicated for doing simple task like refunds and exchanges.

Advice to Management

None. I love how we truly work with a team concept

Sleep Number Corporation2019-01-07

"Decent money for what it is"

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time

Pros

Good money, cool product, lots of training

Cons

Company expects you to make phone calls all day

Advice to Management

Better advertising, leas busy work

Sleep Number Corporation2019-10-15

"It's great, but..."

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great feeling when you help your clients find the right bed and get them to sleep better! Had great chemistry with my co workers .

Cons

Not so great work/life balance.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-09-05

"Very Stressful Job!"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in No Name, CO

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The beds really help people sleep better! Good customer service

Cons

Sleep Number why is that you pay managers a strong base , commission and a bonus every month and have them in the sales rotation while you only pay the sales people the bare minimum, it's like you are in competition with your manager . I have a manager that spends most of the time on personal phone calls to his family and not paying attention to what is going on in his store, always on his cell phone either texting... or personal stuff. Very frustrating when you want to talk to him and he really not paying attention to you and could care less . You can be up and it's a customer service issue you have to take care of then the next up your manager gets a 12k lay down sale! Not fair! The managers should take care of all the customer service issues and let the sales persons do there job! It creates a very hostile environment and a lot of resentment. It creates a not so healthy environment. If the store is not at goal then you have them work 6 days a week so more ups for them , not right. Our job is to help people and solve their sleeping issues well it's very hard to pass that on when you yourself do not feel valued or appreciated and not paid appropriately. We are human selling to humans so Sleep Number you need to pass that on to us. We have to work holidays and work long and late hours. Why is it that we have to call these call lists that have very old numbers and half the numbers are disconnected, isn't it against the Telecom Law? I think it is.. Please hear my voice..

Advice to Management

Please change the UP system and the way the managers , pay more attention to the way managers manage.

Sleep Number Corporation2019-06-11

"Disappointed"

Current Employee - Sales Professional

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to make money sleep number has a great product with the Sleep Number bed. And you really do help change people’s lives because they really do sleep better.

Cons

No work life balance, no ability to provide good customer service. Sales professionals are penalized with losing commission when home delivery fails to set up bed properly, no recourse to save the sale, and you are at the mercy of customer service who is rigid and inflexible. You also get a fixed hourly raise with no ability to get a raise. And before you start making commission you need to sell 15k first.

Advice to Management

The Dm management level is pretty disappointing. They have a hard time listening to what is really happening on the store level. When you try to explain certain situations about sales or cancellations or returns they really don’t want to hear or empathize to what the real cause is, instead they mitigate and try to put back on you by saying you are not following up or you didn’t sell the right bed. I guess the... bigger reason why I am leaving this review is I don’t trust the higher level management to make the right decisions. I say this because I saw Dm take a sales professional who was severely under performing ( had not made personal sales goal in 9 months) and on a final written warning for not making their monthly sales goal. This Dm decided to promote this sales pro to a store manager position. How demoralizing and defeating for the entire district. In my experience you usually don’t promote people who can’t do the basic functions of a job!!

Sleep Number Corporation2019-03-22

"Needs overhaul"

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay , Great benefits 401(k) medical vision and dental

Cons

Wrong business hours should be 10am -8pm that is when Cusrmer shop This company does NOT Promote A “work Life Balance !!!!!!!”

Advice to Management

There’s a difference between those who manage and those who lead. The management here at sleep number are well equipped to manage paperwork orders scheduling lack in every area the ability to lead people inspire them to be the best that they can be and do. Where is the manager ensures that they don’t!

Sleep Number Corporation2018-08-11
  7. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is not only focused on the bottom line, but truly cares about their employees.

Cons

If you don't hit sales goals or if the store doesn't you don't make much money.

Advice to Management

Keep up tje good work

Sleep Number Corporation2018-08-14

"Not a Career"

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

- It pays a pretty good salary plus commission which can be great if you do well. - Somewhat laid back culture. - Quality product that sells itself most of the time.

Cons

- They do not train or develop you in any way. You won't grow no matter how long you stay. - Corporate managers show unbelievable amounts of favoritism and are painfully passive when it comes to firing terrible employees because they "need to keep bodies in the stores" - Anytime sales are low they point to one thing... NOT MAKING CALLS. The problem is, we are only able to call past customers; which quickly turns... into harassment.

Advice to Management

- Learn how to make the hard decisions - Quit playing favorites because it kills the culture of the company. - Invest in who you have more and you wouldn't have to worry about replacing them.

Sleep Number Corporation2017-11-01
  9. "Sleep Professional"

Sales Professional in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation

Pros

Sleep Number allows me to help folks sleep better, I really do believe in this product and the amazing sleep it allows. I personally own 6 of the Sleep Number beds in my home and travel trailer.. My parents also have one. I believe I will always have one.

Cons

My manager is not willing to give up much responsibility and actually frowns on us if we take on something she has not "blelssed" If we act on something when she is gone or on her day off, we didn't "partner" with her. If we don't do the task at hand, when she is gone, we are chastized for not taking action and getting it done, so she does not have to. Pretty crappy, but the way it rolls at our store. Our DM is... amazing. Works hard and supports us in every way.

Advice to Management

Listen to the littke people. They are the window to the business.

Sleep Number Corporation2016-11-28

"upper management"

Sales Professional

I have been working at Sleep Number Corporation

Pros

Great product to sell the earnings are as good as it gets in retail simple sales system to learn

Cons

Mico managed upper management is controling makes us feel like were 2year olds let us do our jobs trust us

Advice to Management

You need to trust the people on the ground.We know what we are doing .Need to retrain the dms to manage not by Fear ,Bulling bit by encouragement

Sleep Number Corporation2016-06-20