Cover image for Sleep Number Corporation

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 1,069 of over 1K reviews
3.4
55% Recommend to a Friend
Sleep Number Corporation Chair, President and Chief Executive Officer Shelly Ibach
73% Approve of CEO

Found 1,071 of over 1K reviews

3.4
Shelly Ibach

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and lots of down time to get things done(in 96 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and 401k.(in 58 reviews)
  • "Some great people(in 53 reviews)
  • "Money was good and needed(in 38 reviews)
  • "Guaranteed Hourly and Commission (No Draw System)(in 32 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sleep Number Corporation and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Rewarding Career.

Jan 11, 2023 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

company provides all resources needed to be successful. upper management is available, knowledgeable and excited to work as a strong team to be successful. my experience has been a very positive one. an environment where we succeed and help others succeed. getting to know our customers is my favorite, some have suffered with traditional old fashioned mattresses and our sleep solutions are personalized to our customers. the genuine consistent feedback from customers who's lives are forever changed for the better is amazing to be part of.

Cons

some customers just don't realize how affordable we are.

Talent Community Manager

Hello there. Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed and positive review about your experience at Sleep Number and our product. We are so grateful for our team members, such as yourself. Our goal is to make sure you feel supported at work and we are happy to read you feel support from your team mates and your leader. We are eternally grateful for our team members who believe in our product and believe the key to live a healthy lifestyle starts with a great nights rest. Thank you again, for taking the time to reflect on your experience.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

No job security

Jan 13, 2023 - City Mail Carrier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well, decent perks. Get the job, keep for 3 months. Get the 70% off bed then leave.

Cons

Company only cares about its stock price and uses all of its revenue to buy back shares of stocks. Has 1 million in cash and 900 million in debt. Laid me off and I was on the top every quarter for efficiency and ratings, traveled for the company and rarely called in. They also laid off an African American and an autistic guy. Don’t bother applying to this job unless you need a throwaway job for 2-3 months.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

Hello there. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide transparency regarding your positive experience with Sleep Number’s pay and benefits. If interested, we would like to learn more regarding some of your comments. You can reach out by calling (888)-662-5025.

3. Join the Sleep Number Corporation team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company to work for

Jan 21, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and support. Leaders are responsive. Good benefits. If you apply yourself you can move up in the company rather quick.

Cons

Starting pay too low. Commission structure is not transparent and it’s confusing.

Talent Community Manager

Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. We value the voice of our team members very much as we continually work to improve the team member experience. We're happy to read you benefitted from the trainings and feel supported by your direct leader. This is great information to hear! We have a pay for performance philosophy and strive to have a fair, equitable and competitive pay structure for our sales roles and will be relaying your sentiments to the appropriate parties so they're aware of this insight. Thanks again for leaving a review and for your ongoing support.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Jan 13, 2023 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible with high pay and growth

Cons

It was a little Daley bit my vide

Talent Community Manager

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate you taking the time, and we value our team members very much!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company Supports Employees

Jan 13, 2023 - Field Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

When the Company has a good Quarter the employees are typically rewarded in some way. They showed care

Cons

not really many cons i can think about.

Talent Community Manager

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. We are so happy that enjoyed your experience with us. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

I struggled with mental health and they cared earnestly and above and beyond

Jan 11, 2023 - Order Management in Minneapolis, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

They granted paying me when I couldn't attend work through the FMLA, and once exhausted, their own internal sleep number support program. They accommodated me beyond ada, they offered me support in everyway. Management is communicative and receptive and honestly demonstrated more consideration and care than any company I've seen. The room for growth and the ability to rise rapidly throughout the customer relationship center then to corporate if demonstrated work ethic, they recognize meritocracy and promote from within rather that from out. When I was going to a residential PTSD program they paid me full wages I'd I was working the full time hours, after FMLA ran out, they paid for 3 months of what my average pay was when working over the year. They checked in, they are present. A company culture that is open and kind and team oriented. They do events every year with CRC leadership corporate and all CRC employees to get to know each other build comradery and boost morale of accomplishments and recognition. They reward and recognize in a big way up all the way to CRC leadership and up when just general call reps would get consistent good ratings on customer surveys. They constantly want to improve. I miss sleep number deeply, the people, the work culture, selling a product and servicing them that serve a good purpose and it is good quality that will give a huge amount of comfort for 1/3 of their life. They really do care about their employees, you're not just a number there, best place I've ever worked. Management amazing, compensation fair, endless room for advancement and promotion within, empathetic and kind bosses, with HR, with CRC leadership, with all the way up to vice president's valuing individual employees at the customer service level for their good work.

Cons

I literally don't have any. Anyone would be lucky to work at sleep number, store side, CRC side, or corporate.

Talent Community Manager

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and positive review about your experience working for Sleep Number. We are so grateful for our current and former team members, such as yourself. We strive to create a work environment that is positive and uplifting for the entire team and we are so grateful Sleep Number could offer support during your time with us. We value your transparency and will be sharing your positive review your leader. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

SLEEP NUMBER

Jan 10, 2023 - Sleep Expert in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Bed, health insurance, accumulate lots of PTO

Cons

Cant barely take PTO, Only high school diploma gets promoted

Talent Community Manager

Hello there, thank you for leaving a review and for your years of service with the company. We are happy to read you are enjoying your gift of sleep and other wellbeing benefits. We're disappointed to read you do not feel supported by your manager and will relay your sentiments the leader in your area. Thanks again!

9. 3.0
    Former Employee

Stay away if you have your own mind

Jan 24, 2023 - CRC I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, provide equipment.

Cons

Leadership are fake. Leadership not educated, they just kissed the ring.

Talent Community Manager

Hello there. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide transparency regarding your experience. We understand there are many different leadership styles and are disappointed to hear you did not feel supported by your leader. We will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate parties to ensure your voice is heard. Thank you again.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not the best not the worst

Jan 24, 2023 - Sleep Professional in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Potential to get decent commission Flexible schedule Base pay

Cons

Retail hours Work every holiday Very hard to bonus with high goals Lots of down time can get boring or depressing Work every weekend Poor customer service leads to cancelled sales Almost always contacted on my day off. Sometimes have to work 8 days in a row if you want a certain day off for the next week Late hours Slow computer system for point of sale

Talent Community Manager

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and provide insight regarding your current experience. While you mention some positive aspects about the position, you raise some concern about working in our stores. Being in the stores can be demanding at times and we am sorry to read that you're finding the sales goals unachievable. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience in our stores. Please contact us at humanresources@sleepnumber.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Better than most jobs

Jan 6, 2023 - Sales Representative in Massa, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your team is everything. Pay is decent

Cons

Days of no sales can be stressful

Talent Community Manager

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, your years of service and for your ongoing commitment at Sleep Number. We appreciate your review as we continue to capture the voices of our team members. We will convey this feedback to leaders in the area. Thanks again!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,071 Reviews
</>Embed

Sleep Number Corporation Reviews FAQs

Sleep Number Corporation has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 1,107 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at Sleep Number Corporation to a friend and 46% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sleep Number Corporation employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sleep Number Corporation. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

55% of Sleep Number Corporation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sleep Number Corporation 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sleep Number Corporation to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be work life balance, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Sleep Number Corporation Job Seekers