Sleep Sound Property Management Reviews

Updated Mar 4, 2021

4.8

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0

Office Manager & On-boarding Specialist

Jul 23, 2018 - Office Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you like a place with growth opportunity and want to be part of a team that cares about your success, this is the place for you. I joined the team over a year ago and I have not regretted my decision for a moment. This company loves to invest in its employees and hardwork really does pay off. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve the customers of Sleep Sound Property Management.

Cons

Being a small company, employee must pull their weight for the company to be overall successful. To that degree, nothing can be swept under the rug and always surfuces eventually.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Growth Opportunities for Right Person

Mar 4, 2021 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great CoWorkers, decent benefits, good location, growing company, fair pay, owner is highly knowledgeable and ambitious.

Cons

Changing expectations, systems are not optimized, highly competitive industry, medium to high turnover.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

2 years at Sleep Sound Property Management

Sep 2, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The owner of SSPM, Nick Cook, is the most fair and consistent employer I have worked for. These attributes are important in a business dominated by personal interactions with clients and customers that are often mandatory or compulsory. Sleep Sound provided training and educational opportunities almost immediately to help employees understand the business. Nick provided guidance, a strong set of policies, and consistent application of those policies. That consistency lends employees confidence in the often difficult task of fairly receiving and processing applicants in a low supply high demand rental market. A team functions best when its members know how its leader is thinking and why, and Nick makes great effort to both educate his employees and disseminate knowledge to them that will help them understand changes in the law and how those changes may affect the employees. Listens and provides opportunity to hear and discuss feedback Keeps company promises made to employees Dedicated to a professional workplace policy Stays educated and passes on what he learns Great company to learn in and outs of Property Management The Sleep Sound team grew over my tenure and I found my colleagues to be motivated professionals with solid work ethics.

Cons

Property Management professionals are a nexus point for the often emotional process of acquiring and maintaining housing, and are sometimes treated disrespectfully by customers or clients for decisions they have little control over. As an agent of compliance, you will have to say no more than yes and handle the responses with professionalism.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Workplace and Experience

May 5, 2017 - Maintenance Technician in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Sleep Sound Property Management as a maintenance technician a little over a year and it was the best employment experience I have had thus far. First off, the Sleep Sound team is incredible. I have never worked with a more sincere, hard working group. The daunting "daily grind" was never a theme at work due to these people. Company outings were always a blast and so were the goofy office events. This workplace environment was made possible by the owner/operator, Nick Cook. If you are interested in working for a hardworking, intelligent individual who is interested in seeing you succeed both in your career and personally, Nick is the guy you want to work for. From personal talks about my goals to investing in furthering my education, I always felt like a valued team member and employee. I can't say enough good things about this company, and I say that sincerely. If you get the chance, I wouldn't hesitate to become part of the team.

Cons

Sleep Sound is growing quickly, and with that comes the inevitable: stress, and constant change. Growth always comes with growing pains. Some people see this as an unwanted necessity, but we saw it as an exciting challenge. So what would normally be classified as a "con" became a fulfilling reason to come to work.

5. 5.0

Successful Management of Stress in a Difficult Industry

Dec 7, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nick does an outstanding job of hiring people who will help create a positive, healthy work environment. He does not tolerate drama or passive-aggressiveness. Sleep Sound highly encourages professional development, and Nick is a very respectable, approachable manager. He is very dedicated to his work and strives for constant improvement in company policies and procedures. Property management can be an extremely stressful industry to work in, but Sleep Sound's work atmosphere always feels confident and strong with a high level of teamwork and support.

Cons

Managing tenants and working in the best interest of our clients is an extremely difficult goal to accomplish on a daily basis. It can feel tedious and the workload can seem never-ending. It is not always enjoyable or easy dealing with unhappy people. The company is constantly growing and onboarding new properties. There have been quite a few changes made that have been necessary to help prevent issues with this growth over time.

6. 5.0

Mutual Respect

Jul 20, 2018 - Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone in the office shares a similar culture and vision, this is largely due to the hiring practices of the Principal Broker Nicholas Cook. There are limitless opportunities for education on the clock, upward mobility, long term employees are given options to grow themselves within the company. Centrally located in Portland so the office a reasonable drive the most of the greater Portland Area. Everyone is an expert at what they do and makes their knowledge available to the office, this means if you have a knowledge gap in one field someone is there to get you an answer. Hard work is rewarded with both promotions and incentives. Depending on your role and how seriously you take yourself you could be on an established track in your chosen field with one of the fasted growing companies in Portland.

Cons

Can feel semi-corporate at times, depending on who you are this may be a pro or a con.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Company Culture you could ask for!

May 26, 2017 - Accountant in Ogden, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career Opportunities - each employee has a monthly goal meeting to discuss career goals, personal goals, and your vision for your position. Compensation & Benefits - compensation is market rate; benefits are prioritized by employee survey results. Work / Life balance - everyone looks forward to the company after-work events; it is generally accepted here that adequate time to recharge and rest facilitates quality work and high achievement. Senior Management - Nick is approachable and gives you the benefit of the doubt. Culture and Values - the company culture is inclusive, fun, and supportive. I work here because of my co-workers!

Cons

You have to be good at time management. You have to be able to work independently.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Office Manager

Mar 13, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team here is amazing. I've worked at few places where the employees wanted the company to grow and succeed as much as the owner of the company did. In turn, the owner, Nick, wants to see his employees grow in the same way. It's still a small company and you feel that in the work environment. Though all the positions here are very specific, thereby holding the person(s) in that position very accountable, there is a huge team effort here. Also because this is a growing company there is a lot of room for growth. And the opportunity is there. Nick is good at recognizing strengths and weaknesses and will work with you in those to build your position with the company. He strives to meet with staff one on one every month to discuss goals, room for growth, and opportunities for improvement. He is very open with communication and open to ideas that may help you, the company, or processes. If I hadn't had other life opportunities that took me from the Portland area, I could see myself easily being with this company 20+ years from now.

Cons

This is a growing company. With that comes growing pains. Notably the increase of doors and oncoming clients versus the amount of people in the office and maintenance staff. Things can get hectic at times. The necessity for high quality work with the workload can sometimes feel overwhelming. More people would help this. There are changes in certain processes in order to manage this increase but changes in process often can cause confusion. Luckily the staff is good at communication but there is always room for improvement.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Maintenance Technician

May 25, 2017 - Maintenance Technician in Midvale, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Sleep Sound for a little over half of a year now and I can say without a doubt that this is the best job I have ever had in my life. I am so thankful to have a boss that has a personal investment and interest in my success and development. Sleep Sound has a solid values and we aren't just a business, we're a family.

Cons

Sleep Sound is expanding at a very rapid pace. At times, the growing pains are very real and it can be a high-stress environment.

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews