KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Smaato

Is this your company?

Smaato

Add a Review

Smaato Employee Reviews about "working hours"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

Found 4 of over 142 reviews

2.8
Smaato General Manager Matthew Deets
Matthew Deets
1 Rating
Pros
  • "International working environment(in 11 reviews)

• "Flexibility to some policies to have better work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper Management doesn't follow their own processes(in 7 reviews)

• "However, the full-time staffs tend to have much longer working hours(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "working hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

No Real Direction

Feb 27, 2017 -  in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great office - clean, modern. Most employees are pretty friendly. Decent benefits.

Cons

Upper management has no real direction for the company. The CEO is a bore who doesn't really understand what innovating is; he's simply coasting on the fact that the company got acquired recently. Some employees are inefficient, others flat-out incompetent. A lot of the working hours here feel like busy work and ultimately unproductive.

Continue reading
      12 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mental health at damaged..

Jan 15, 2021 - Inside Sales Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Peers are helpful and understanding

Cons

- work life balance comes to non existent: Understaffed, expanding job responsibilities, exploding technical cases with speed of creation exceeded speed of resolution. On daily basis either you stretched overtime to resolve or go off on time leaving case unattended. - very high frequency of customer direct facing occurrence on integration/technical errors questions: this can take up significant portion of working time and as interference prevented you from working backend on already exploding cases.. - (A lot) Night meetings at non working hours: night meetings scheduled at 10pm few days a week.. Used to have inefficient repetitive meetings occupying can-be-used-for-real-work times. - Unsatisfied HR experience, need to do research for HR what's local regulations. New employees onboarding gets hanged up. - burnt out physically and mentally

7 people found this review helpful

Smaato Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear you were unhappy with Smaato. When the pandemic hit us and drove us into home office, the work environment changed. Still, this should have not been at the cost of your work-life-balance, or even worse, your health. No one should go through hard times alone, so it is unfortunate we couldn’t find a solution together. We work hard with our leadership team to enable flexible hours and ensure teams can balance all important parts of their lives. We are committed to improvement. We wish you all the best in your personal and professional future. Though we regret to see you leave, It's more important that you are happy now.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Revolving door of staff

Jul 2, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can't think of anything that was good. Probably join in the festival activities so that you can stand a chance of winning cash.

Cons

1) You are not allowed to leave early because the higher ups hate it. If you are efficient, you get more work, that's why people like to stay late in office. Working hours are like 9.30 - 6.30 but nobody dare to leave even when its like 7pm. 2) They love to put up a show to the bigger bosses when they visit from overseas. Quote them entirely different information as compared to what they present internally. 3) Higher-ups love to micro-manage everybody in the office, love to say something but mean the other. 4) Always love to push the blame to the people at the lowest level because they can be replaced easily. That is why APAC office is always making a loss. 5) People love to say something but never record it in black and white. When they are questioned, they say the other. Never trust anybody here.

Continue reading
      12 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Intern

Data & Quality Analyst Intern Experience

Feb 26, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interned as the Data & Quality Analyst in the Market Quality team. Both my supervisors were really nice and patient in explaining new concepts to me. They are also receptive to my ideas, providing me the space to explore and grow.

Cons

As an intern my work load was very reasonable and I could usually end on time. However, the full-time staffs tend to have much longer working hours.

1 person found this review helpful