KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

100% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 14 of over 14 reviews

4.9
Small Improvements CEO Per Fragemann (no image)
Per Fragemann

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Excellent colleagues(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Customer Team

Sep 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Small Improvements for a few months now. Being a first time, remote employee, I have felt really welcome and included with the core team in Berlin. It is really clear that everyone is very passionate and open minded. Everyone is really eager to help and share knowledge.

Cons

It can be challenging to stay connected and feel comfortable with learning new processes and systems from a distance. I think the teams have really made an effort to bridge the gap but there are probably still 'Small Improvements' that could be made.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Incredible Culture and Team

Apr 14, 2016 - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone on the team is extremely passionate and dedicated. They love the product and it creates an incredible culture. The flexibility to work remote allows you to maintain a great work/life balance.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to stay connected with team members when we're all working in different time zones and locations. You should make an extra effort to over-communicate and document activity to keep everyone in the loop!

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent combination of culture and freedom

Apr 29, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great opportunities for learning and teaching - Leadership provides opportunities to have a social impact outside the regular work - Great colleagues

Cons

Relatively strict department/team/hierarchy boundaries for such a small company

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great team, but management lacks spirit

Aug 4, 2020 - Senior Product Designer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Work topic that most people don't know (HR Tech) but that is very engaging once you get to know it - Excellent colleagues - smart, engaged, hard-working people who love what they do - Great work environment and work ethic - colleagues are committed to building good software that will help people in their professional life - Most people are excellent collaborators and you are happy and inspired to be at work - Reasonable working hours, and very flexible. Employees are treated as an adult who are there to bring a contribution and not do "pretend work". - Beautiful office in the heart of Berlin, great for food and drinks etc - Company trip to a different country once a year

Cons

- Management can be demotivating: weirdly, people in the top levels have a habit of devaluing the company and product, bringing morale down - 2nd place mentality: has accepted that it can never be first place in the market - Innovation is touted as a goal but can be hard to push through - Allergy to big projects: as the name implies, it can be hard to push for big, innovative, multi-month projects. Management prefers small, continuous changes. - Low career opportunity. The company doesn't want to grow larger which is a shame as talented people want to develop and end up leaving for larger companies.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

A good place to be

Apr 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, generous benefits and great people

Cons

Resource constraints due to no outside funding.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great small company with positive energy

Jan 19, 2020 - Software Developer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Motivated team that is always learning new things - Strong appreciation for engineering excellence - Friendly colleagues - Respect for personal time/family commitments/etc - Feels like an ethical company that honestly sticks to its values

Cons

- Communication across locations can be difficult at times

7. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Friendly and welcoming

Aug 9, 2019 - Intern Marketing in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company truly lives its values and makes an effort to maintain a positive, friendly culture. Team members make an effort to support you and managers are genuinely invested in your personal growth. As a small company, there is always a lot to do and the opportunity to take on a variety of projects.

Cons

Different teams don’t interact with each other as much as they could.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great culture

Sep 11, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company values it's employees, their career aspirations and their opinions.

Cons

As everyone's opinion is valued, even cross department, it can some times be hard to come to a consensus.

9. 5.0
    Former Intern

Diverse, Friendly and Open

Mar 29, 2018 - Intern in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

- diverse and open colleagues, great variety of backgrounds and personalities yet good team spirit - high mutual respect between technical and non-technical roles - learning company - work life balance is highly valued, I rarely saw commits after 7 pm and people actually staying late almost never happens

Cons

I guess it's like a Jazz Band. There's room for strong personality, freedom, and expression but it only works if you like the kind of music, always listen to the rest of the band and have mastered your instrument.

Continue reading
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly and Inclusive

Dec 15, 2017 - Full Stack Developer in Berlin
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company really lives it's values. There are no middle management layers, just self-organised teams who are able to drive their own change. Lunch time is when everyone gets together in a social context and the company regularly puts on lunches. The work is challenging (in a good way) and everyone in encouraged to flex their entrepreneurial muscles to help the company grow. This is a place where you feel you can really talk to the CEO and challenge him if there's something you don't agree on.

Cons

If you want to rise through the ranks of management, there is a very flat hierarchy here.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Small Improvements Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Small Improvements? Share Your Experiences

Small Improvements Photos

+ Add Photo
Small Improvements photo of: Come and join our great team !
Small Improvements photo of: Transparency is very dear to us. We publish our revenues once a quarter (see the latest one here), so you can imagine that our intranet is even more transparent.
Small Improvements photo of: A peak at our last company trip in San Francisco !
Small Improvements photo of: Our default work machine is a 13 inch MBP Retina with SSD, 16GB RAM and two screens. A comparable Windows or Linux machine is just as fine of course.
Small Improvements photo of: You’ll get a €2k education budget and 3 paid days so you can attend conferences, buy books or take online courses. Training also “just happens” on the job of course.
Small Improvements photo of: For those joining the Berlin HQ, we’ll cover 80 percent of the costs of an intense 12-week German course. You can take it all at once, or in segments. Up to you!
Small Improvements photo of: We love to travel, and you may join our annual one-week trip to the US to meet customers and the US team. Or to Berlin, if you’re in the US.

Glassdoor has 14 Small Improvements reviews submitted anonymously by Small Improvements employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Small Improvements is right for you.