Smart Choice Payments Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Change for the better! Creativity for the future!"

Current Employee - PR Department Analyst in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - PR Department Analyst in Beaverton, OR

Pros

I have only been here a short while but I have never felt so accepted and encouraged to challenge my limits and abilities to make change and promote growth within the company. The staff helps enforce this concept by supporting initiative and finds that wrong answers are a learning experience. I have heard that has been various changes in-house to refocus the mission of the company and growth has already begun in that short time. The VP comes around everyday checking in how the staff are doing personally then asking how their work is going. He encourages autonomy and quality work as long as there is results at the end. Never have I felt so supported to learn and grow while being valued in my own current skills. I cannot wait to see where we will be in the next few years.

Cons

The PR Department is less than a month old so we are building the department which is hard and fun all at once.

2. "Dishonest"

Pros

I cannot think of any

Cons

Wanted Sales reps to lie to potential customers

Advice to Management

Be Honest

3. "The company is changing for the better"

Current Employee - Director of Public Relations in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Director of Public Relations in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the time I have been working at Smart Choice Payments, I have witnessed a revamping of the chain of command structure and delineation of duties. There is a lot more communication between departments as well an open-door policy to tell management where there is need for improvement. Training from entry level to managerial level is given regularly now. Also, I began at an entry level position, and I was able to move up to a managerial position within a six month period of showing imitative and dedicated work ethic.

Cons

I think there are still aspects of operations and sales that need to be better organized and streamlined, but compared to where the company was a few month ago, the improvement is dramatic! Also, Paul Wang (COO) and Malonna Brooks (HR) have done immense work to reestablish a company culture of integrity, appreciation, and respect for colleagues and clients.

5. "Web Developer"

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time

Pros

Great place to work. I started my career as a recruiter and moved into a position that I'm really passionate about and upper management is excited about my future growth in the company.

Cons

I don't have any.

Advice to Management

Nothing

"From Marketer to Coordinator to Human Resources!!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Smart Choice Payments is the best employer I have ever experienced. They are always open to questions, giving knowledge and utilizing skills.

I've learned so much from them. I began as a Telemarketer and am now in the Human Resource Department! That's one in a lifetime to me!

They provided me training, courses and seminars to begin a career in something I never even thought I would be interested in. They saw my skill-set and showed me how to become the person I am now. I've discovered I love HR and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Cons

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! SCP IS THE PERFECT EMPLOYER

Advice to Management

ALWAYS SMILE :-)

7. "Excellent opportunity for sales people, great culture"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Great employees, management that genuinely cares about the success of its employees, very competitive commission structure and residual structure. Management does not micro-manage and really allows employees room to grow and learn. Lots of opportunity to move up from within.

Cons

Can be stressful, like any sales job.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Great Opportunity for a career"

Current Employee - Merchant Consultant in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Merchant Consultant in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love my job and everything about it .
    That's why I've been her eight years and counting great place to grow and they are here to help you be successful and reach your personal goals.

Cons

i really have no complaints about the company i work for i feel like I've been given the opportunity to grow within the company the only thing i dont like is the location.

9. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am granted autonomy in both my designated duties as well as the amount of compensation I can earn as an inside sales underwriter. I love helping people and building long-term customer relationships. This company gives me the opportunity to set the rates as I see fit. My retention rate exceeds 90%. I have intrinsic motivation every day when I walk in the door because of how hard everyone works to foster an atmosphere of positivity, collaboration, and continuous growth. And it all starts with the President who sets the example we all want to follow.

Cons

None. I love working here.

Advice to Management

Extend my hours.

"Great Oppurtunity"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance for Marketing in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance for Marketing in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time

Pros

I love my job! I was given the oppurtunity to move up in the company quickly, with a wage increase.Also, I was offered full time hours and a set schedule from the beginning of my employment. Great work environment and co-workers.

Cons

This can be a stressful job for those who are not familiar with telemarketing.

"Working for Smart Choice Payments"

Current Employee - Appointment Setter in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Appointment Setter in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of opportunity to work your way up. They hire withing the company. Love the people I'm working with.

Cons

It's not the easiest job. If you don't like talking on the phone or customer service, you probably won't like this job.

Advice to Management

Upgrade the computers if possible.