Smart Choice Payments Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Paul Wang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The company is changing for the better"

Current Employee - Director of Public Relations in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Director of Public Relations in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In the time I have been working at Smart Choice Payments, I have witnessed a revamping of the chain of command structure and delineation of duties. There is a lot more communication between departments as well an open-door policy to tell management where there is need for improvement. Training from entry level to managerial level is given regularly now. Also, I began at an entry level position, and I was able to move up to a managerial position within a six month period of showing imitative and dedicated work ethic.

Cons

I think there are still aspects of operations and sales that need to be better organized and streamlined, but compared to where the company was a few month ago, the improvement is dramatic! Also, Paul Wang (COO) and Malonna Brooks (HR) have done immense work to reestablish a company culture of integrity, appreciation, and respect for colleagues and clients.

"Worst company ever."

Pros

The only thing good about working there was I built up my resume and got office experience. Otherwise worst work environment I've ever worked in.

Cons

For people who want to succeed and make positive changes in the workforce, to be supplied with training, and good work balance, DO NOT WORK HERE! I had worked on projects 3-5x overy because every other time the management never used it. Management is a complete joke and they just lie about what posite change is coming, when in fact it never is. The sales reps are given nothing for training and honestly are encouraged to scam people. The pay is disproportionate throughout the company and pay raises are a battle to get. No 401k, handful of PTO days, and during Christmas they force people to be off for over a week with no pay. Honestly, I'm so glad I'm gone. I hated seeing people being fearful for their jobs because you never know when someone will get laid off or fired out of the blue.

Advice to Management

Just shut down. You aren't helping anyone.

Smart Choice Payments Response

Mar 3, 2017 – Public Relations and Marketing Specialist

Hi there, we are very sorry to see that your experience here has been so negative. We take this feedback seriously and use it to constructively to make changes within the company. We acknowledge our... More

"Don't let the "good" reviews fool you"

Pros

There are NO pros for this company

Cons

I worked at this company for a few months and it is by far the worst company I have ever worked for! The PR team clearly wrote good reviews about this company because that is their job but do not let it fool you. This company is desperate for sales reps and want their sales reps to lie to customers to make a sale. If you take a job at Smart Choice Payments as a sales rep they will tell you you have the potential to make 6 figures which is a LIE. The top sales reps in the company are not even close to making 6 figures. This company also offers no training at all and just expect you to know exactly what you are doing without even telling you information about what you are really selling. It is obvious walking into this business that it is a scam and a joke. You will regret working here.
    This company does not even offer a 401k and gives only 5 days of PTO a year.

Advice to Management

Management should try training employees..

Smart Choice Payments Response

Mar 3, 2017 – Public Relations and Marketing Specialist

Hello there, we are sad to hear how you feel towards our company. We want to acknowledge your frustration regarding the former lack of training practices. With new management and organizational... More

"Dishonest"

Pros

I cannot think of any

Cons

Wanted Sales reps to lie to potential customers

Advice to Management

Be Honest

5. "Web Developer"

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time

Pros

Great place to work. I started my career as a recruiter and moved into a position that I'm really passionate about and upper management is excited about my future growth in the company.

Cons

I don't have any.

Advice to Management

Nothing

"From Marketer to Coordinator to Human Resources!!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources Department in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Smart Choice Payments is the best employer I have ever experienced. They are always open to questions, giving knowledge and utilizing skills.

I've learned so much from them. I began as a Telemarketer and am now in the Human Resource Department! That's one in a lifetime to me!

They provided me training, courses and seminars to begin a career in something I never even thought I would be interested in. They saw my skill-set and showed me how to become the person I am now. I've discovered I love HR and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Cons

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! SCP IS THE PERFECT EMPLOYER

Advice to Management

ALWAYS SMILE :-)

7. "Excellent opportunity for sales people, great culture"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Beaverton, OR

Pros

Great employees, management that genuinely cares about the success of its employees, very competitive commission structure and residual structure. Management does not micro-manage and really allows employees room to grow and learn. Lots of opportunity to move up from within.

Cons

Can be stressful, like any sales job.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Great Opportunity for a career"

Current Employee - Merchant Consultant in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Merchant Consultant in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love my job and everything about it .
    That's why I've been her eight years and counting great place to grow and they are here to help you be successful and reach your personal goals.

Cons

i really have no complaints about the company i work for i feel like I've been given the opportunity to grow within the company the only thing i dont like is the location.

9. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am granted autonomy in both my designated duties as well as the amount of compensation I can earn as an inside sales underwriter. I love helping people and building long-term customer relationships. This company gives me the opportunity to set the rates as I see fit. My retention rate exceeds 90%. I have intrinsic motivation every day when I walk in the door because of how hard everyone works to foster an atmosphere of positivity, collaboration, and continuous growth. And it all starts with the President who sets the example we all want to follow.

Cons

None. I love working here.

Advice to Management

Extend my hours.

"Great Oppurtunity"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance for Marketing in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance for Marketing in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Smart Choice Payments full-time

Pros

I love my job! I was given the oppurtunity to move up in the company quickly, with a wage increase.Also, I was offered full time hours and a set schedule from the beginning of my employment. Great work environment and co-workers.

Cons

This can be a stressful job for those who are not familiar with telemarketing.