Smart Circle Assistant Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 7 reviews

2.5
Smart Circle CEO Michael Meryash
Michael Meryash

"My Experience with Smart Circle has been Tremendous"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Thorough, structured training in marketing, communication, and business management. Rapid upward mobility. Lucrative entry level. Great opportunity all around. Truly grateful to be here.

Cons

To be successful here, you have to work hard. It’s not a typical 9-5 and it’s not a good idea for people that want a work/life balance right now. Basically this is a sacrifice a few years of hard work to be able to relax later kind of thing.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you’re doing. Thanks for the opportunity

Smart Circle2018-05-07

"Don't walk, RUN from this "Opportunity""

Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a good learning experience with high income potential for uneducated kids!

Cons

-Low income potential without essentially working 80+ hrs/week for years and getting lucky both in markets and recruiting. - Cult like culture/atmosphere -Constant supervision and expectations to put in work outside of working hours -Can be cut for any reason at any time, benefits witheld, etc

Advice to Management

Change the business model of Smart Circle's independent contract offices. Costco is going to dump you soon, ATT/DTV will be going to internal solutions. Inside direct sales are great, the lack of accountability at nearly every level is not.

Smart Circle2017-06-19

"Smart Circle should be called Talk Circles"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked with really nice people who I will stay in touch with. Big box store environment is a good working environment.

Cons

Smart Circle should be called "Talk Circles." You will find they double talk you and manipulate you - and they are masters at it! You'll find yourself constantly jumping through hoops of paradox for a promise of pay that never "really" comes through "for this reason or that reason." They purposely keep things vague to keep employees in the dark (just ask your co-workers to clarify a question you have). At some point,...

Advice to Management

No advise to management...it is what it is and they have to do what they do to get people to stay a few weeks or months so they make money. Not an honest existence for them or for you as an employee.

Smart Circle2015-01-21

"Great Sales and Leadership training that you will take with you where ever you go"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great to build sales, hr, operations, and training experience. If you work hard and are eager to learn everyday, you will not regret it.

Cons

Pay isn't the best starting off. Extremely long hours Work Life Balance Very easy to burn yourself out.

Advice to Management

Compensate those who work hard and prove that they want to take the next step to management more during the process.

Smart Circle2014-11-18

"Really change my attitude towards everything including life! Loved it!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

They change your mentality. ..make you see the positive in everything, there's room to grow they actually encourage it...I worked in the Directv division and met so many great people. I would say it has been the best work experience of my life!

Cons

It is a way of life....not like a regular 9-5. Very life consuming you're either 100% about the business or not.

Smart Circle2014-11-03

"False Promises of Advancement"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good first sales job. Potential and opportunity is there if you are under the right management and market.

Cons

They burn you out. No work/life balance. Lots of young owners that shouldn't be in management that don't take ownership for their mistakes. They do not compensate for travel and phone expenses. Do not work for an owner that has just started, because most likely his business will be shut down within the first three months.

Advice to Management

Take ownership for your mistakes and don't put a new manager in place to take the fall for your mistakes. That is what drove me to leave this company. The best salesmen do not make the best leaders. You need to make sure you have someone that can put up decent numbers but also be a team player and demonstrate leadership qualities.

Smart Circle2014-04-05
  7. "Assistant manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Cork

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If u can do this job u can handle everything in the lifetime

Cons

Not good pay for what u have to do

Advice to Management

Do not stress,do ur best

Smart Circle2018-06-18