Smart Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 296 reviews

2.9
Smart Circle CEO Michael Meryash
Michael Meryash
Pros
  • "You will learn a lot about the business world and develop professional habits(in 10 reviews)

• "I worked in the Directv division and met so many great people(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Extremely long hours on your feet(in 45 reviews)

• "This company is the definition of a pyramid scheme(in 22 reviews)

"Assistant"

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, Great Boss, Nice coworkers, beautiful office

Cons

None none none none none

Smart Circle2019-03-18

"Don’t do it"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership skills People skills Praise Not much else

Cons

Legal pyramid scheme High turnover rate so don’t make any friends and they use their “managers” as scape goats. They hire and fire so many and they work you to the core. Businesses under this company inevitably fail.

Advice to Management

Fix your structure

Smart Circle2019-06-10
  3. "Good place base on sales"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Works with your schedule to

Cons

Commission based, there's a sales quota

Smart Circle2019-04-18
    • "Vague at first, then you either fall off and don't progress OR accept it and grind it out for the paycheck"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Smart Circle part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, high-energy company culture, mentoring is always available - success is autonomous, initial feelings of being uncomfortable evolve into self confidence, learn to talk to anyone about anything and public speaking seems easy.

Cons

Unpaid commuting is part of the job, mandatory meetings can be a hassle at first but they do help you to improve and get better, very male-dominant office, working with a bunch of 20 year olds (no matter how put-together) can be chaotic at times.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent in interviews, break down the numbers and outline how to really make $1,000 in a week, office competitions are exciting and have a way of bringing everyone closer, and go easy on the trainees - some people just don't do well until they are 100% confident in their product knowledge.

Smart Circle2019-04-05

"Not For Most People"

Former Employee - Entry Level Marketing

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will find some motivating people employed here that give off a strong driving energy.

Cons

Oh boy, where to begin... Very cultish atmosphere with money being the only motivator. There is little regard for employee's lives outside the company and you're going to work every day of the week at inconvenient hours. The company is set up to entice newcomers with rapid growth up the company ladder. Your first promotion consists of more responsibility and zero pay benefits. It's a very manipulative atmosphere to keep...

Advice to Management

Like so many other reviews prior to mine have said, be transparent in your interviews. Being vague about the job because you know field work of this nature stinks isn't a very ethical means of hiring.

Smart Circle2019-04-14

"Leadership lessons, but unreasonably demanding and somewhat manipulative"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent growth opportunity, fun environment (sometimes), opportunities to learn about leadership

Cons

75+ Hour weeks, little pay, manipulation to keep you there, very long drives in personal vehicle w/o compensation.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent in your interview process. I learned how to do interviews so I know what you guys do.

Smart Circle2019-03-31

"lies to you"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

interesting, fun, co-workers. You learn sales 101 and discipline... if that's what you need...

Cons

Lie to you so much so you work unpaid hours. They suck you in promising hard work will get you promoted to be an "owner" which gets paid a lot. It's all a scam for you to work harder and unpaid hours and to brainwash your fellow co-workers. They will not promote you regardless how good you are or how hard you work, it is somewhat by luck. you can earn more from other places doing that same effort.

Advice to Management

Learn ethics. Stop with the cult culture. Just make it straight forward, do work properly or get fired,. MAke employees happy, not brainwashed.

Smart Circle2019-04-16

"The slave circle; Devilcorp"

Former Employee - Office Owner

I worked at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Everything in the cons section will be informative

Cons

It’s a sales job selling stuff most people don’t need, maybe would consider it as a summer job to get by but not worth the commitment. Who really wants to move halfway across the country to work in a Sam’s or Walmart? You never own the office you follow their agenda how to operate.

Advice to Management

Brace yourself for bankruptcy the former insiders and whistle blowers will be coming out in masses. Our friend on YouTube has really picked up momentum on the anti smart circle movement.

Smart Circle2019-04-12

"Smart Circle is one of the best job experiences I have every had!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

The atmosphere at Smart Circle is fast paced, exciting and innovative. I have never worked at a company where their employees has such phenomenal growth potential. At Smart Circle our main role is to be of service to our clients and the network of independent sales companies that contract with us. To be able to touch the daily lives of so many people all over the nation is amazing. You will never be bored at Smart...

Cons

The only electric car charging stations are two buildings away... Can we get a charging station in our parking lot?

Advice to Management

Can we have more charity events at the office? I enjoy those events so much when we are helping our community. Also, can we consider removing the large table on the outdoor patio with more lounge furniture... it would be nice to have a place to sit and work outside if we wanted!

Smart Circle2019-02-01

"A company that encourages input and really listens to their employees."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Definitely the people I work with.

Cons

We don’t get massages at our desks regularly. Now that I said it maybe someday we will.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you so very much for listening.

Smart Circle2019-01-22