Smart Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 306 reviews

2.8
Smart Circle CEO Michael Meryash
Michael Meryash
Pros
  • "You will learn a lot about the business world and develop professional habits(in 10 reviews)

• "I worked in the Directv division and met so many great people(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours business needs more structure and organization(in 45 reviews)

• "This company is the definition of a pyramid scheme(in 23 reviews)

1. "Growth and opportunity"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding company, great networking, great growth.

Cons

You can be pushed out of comfort zone to help you grow fast.

Smart Circle2019-08-27
  2. "Great Partnership!"

I have been working at Smart Circle

Pros

Working side by side with Smart Circle has made for my success possible as an independent contractor. The amount of support and resources they have available is incredible!

Cons

I don’t have any at this time.

Smart Circle2019-08-27
  3. "odd"

Former Employee - Account Director in Riverside, CA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

they motivate you and offer support

Cons

no benefits at all. work super long hours

Smart Circle2019-09-05
  4. "Brainwashing/assumptions based lies"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to meet wonderful people who become family.

Cons

If you are in a building with a very small office and you are introduced to the owner right of the bat gtf out and run. You will be spending long hours a day no social life or family time. While you are out in the sun the owner is in his office or home watching the game. Cult like feeling where it is break build break psychological system. Your leaders or owner will want to get to know you on a personal level so... he can use the information to 5 step you and use that information against you. For fast wax you are in a gas station usually sams or krogers. For make up you are in the parking lot selling it car to car. For Chips you are in a parking lot or gas stations . For home improvement you guys are inside Sams club. Commission varies but owner gets around 25 to 38 percent. If you are out there it is 25 percent. Everyday is a mental fight so if you are about it then go for it. Go to the Dallas Conference it is awesome because of the food. They do not pay for your gas.

Advice to Management

You do not care you made your money. Owners average out 4 to 8 years while agents last about 2 to 5 months. Maybe yall should provide a base salary and you will see the increase.

Smart Circle2019-08-25

"Brainwashes employees. I was the only person in the organization with a degree and the brains to see through the bs."

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent money for the work.

Cons

-Making everyone is big box retailers hate you -working in a Sams club -morning meetings at 7 am 3 times a week -no such thing as personal life or family life

Advice to Management

give up and get a real job

Smart Circle2019-08-05

"Most Unethical Company In America"

Account Manager

I worked at Smart Circle

Pros

Can get sales experience. That's about it.

Cons

Legal pyramid scheme. False promises. Cult like work culture and brainwashing. Extremely low pay. Fake job ads. Unethical sales tactics. Targets the young and naive. And much more. Watch the Slave Circle documentary on Youtube or research Devilcorp. There needs to be legislation in congress to make what they're doing illegal.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to say to these people.

Smart Circle2019-07-27

"MLM?"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Kaysville, UT

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn some public speaking skills. Very nice people for the most part.

Cons

-previous boss stole our commissions, stole from the stores, and shorted us on the commissions, no action by the company has been taken to alleviate the issue. -guilt trips to have you do things you would prefer not to do such as having an office meeting at 9pm - If it is just you and the boss employed, you have to work 7 days a week until new people get hired, which you have to train for no extra... pay -likely an MLM designed to give you more and more responsibility without extra pay. The pyramid scheme is very prevalent here and employee favorites are played.

Advice to Management

Don't just leave and steal our money. Don't tell your partners that you sympathize with them and pay them out when we should have been payed by the guy that just left. Please, find the guy that did this to your company so that you don't get another review like this.

Smart Circle2019-07-11

"Don't Waste Your Time"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are a sales person by heart this is the job for you, if not then don't waste your time.

Cons

Companies that I have been through for DirectTV Costco in Lancaster CA. Vista Innovative and CV Marketing. The worse management ever! If you want to feel depressed and under paid with bad management, bad training, and in the dark with everything then hey, this is the place for you. False promotions. You got promoted to Account Manger? Big deal! Doesn't mean anything really. Maybe a little more pay if you sale... Choice package for DirectTv but if you don't you will be getting the same commission as the new guy.They promote everyone who is new so they can feel like they are part of the company and they will get promoted again. It isn't really, its just a way to keep you there. Poor management! Every few months a new company takes over and you won't know its happening until someone new shows up to work and you have no idea who they are. Also if you have any illness or problems they will not accommodate you for anything or give you sick pay. You better be there and ready to pitch people you pitch the day before. Secret Shoppers. This means while you may have not done anything wrong. They will have people watching everything you do so this way they can know that if you are regrouping to pitch or maybe need a sweater because its cold and you are by the door so they can let you next day. The smallest things will get you fired. Not allowed to wear sweaters in Costco. I'm not kidding you. Supplies. Wait, what are those? Most likely you will have to supply yourself with all the paper work, ipad for SaraPlus, and more. Be ready for the supplies you do have. They will be out of date and will be a mess. Road trips. They call them fun road trips but what it is is you waking up very early to be at a Costco they told you to be at 9am. Now I am in California so road trip is not what I want... because its more like sitting in traffic for a 13 dollar job that does not pay for the gas you use to get to that Costco. 8am morning meetings. These meetings you better be at or you won't be promoted or won't seem like a team player. These meeting are people standing around and showing how they sell DirectTV. This will be their way of selling it, not you. Then we all stand around and talk about who sold the most which could be anyone. The newbie who just got on and had 3 sales because they most likely walk up or someone who has been with the company for a few months and they got a Bell which is two sales. The meetings are also Its just another way to keep you very tired and with no time to look for another job. I could go on but I can just say is don't waste your time and don't put your heart into. If you do and later on your sales aren't as good, they will let you go. This job as a very high turn around because of many things. Its the people you work with, its the way how everything feels like a scam, its just shady. I was with the company for a year until I was let go because I wasn't pitching as much due to a Lupus flare. My manger did not care and wanted me to pitch either way if not or if I could not I had to leave.

Advice to Management

Stay with one management and with one that knows what they are actually doing.

Smart Circle2019-06-28

"Poorly Manage companies"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Only pro if you are a safes person by heart you will make a lot of money with DIRECTV Costco. But if you are not then you will suffer and you’ll get burnt out very easily.

Cons

Low pay! 13 an hour Sales associate at DIRECTV Costco This is when you are not a salesman at heart and you’re trying to do your best to sell to make that commission if you do not make that connection than your hourly pay would be $13 an hour. . Mismanagement. What’s the story no one knows what’s going on and who will have the next Khios in the next month . Going to have to cross your fingers and hope it just... stays the way you want it . New management every few months. New management every few months meaning you have to go through a whole new process with a whole new person and a whole new way of pitching and selling. If you do not purchase or sell the way that the new management wants you to you will most likely end up being terminated. Drug testing and new backgrounds every few months when new management takes over Long road trips to different Costco’s without pay for gas mileage Not allowed to wear sweaters over shirt if you are cold Not allowed to stop pitching if tired Not allowed to speak to other people who work in Costco. Basically just act like you are better than them and they are not there. That’s what the companies tell you. Because your commission is greater than the Costco employees than you are better. The turn around is horrible and no one is train right. Misinformed trainees to gain sales then fire them next day. As long as the person is installed they got the money they needed. No Accommodations if you have a disease or illness. You better be ready to be on your feet at any Costco till opening and closing with no thought or care of Your illness or disease. Materials that you need to use in order to do your job is low or is never there so you have to get your own or you have to make your own copies to do your own work so you basically have to supply everything for yourself. False promotions. These false promotions make you feel like you get somewhere with the company but after the power motion I ask you to start doing road trips so that way they can start bringing in new people to replace you. As long as you’re not at the store that you started at then you can’t see what’s going on while you’re gone. Do you actually see the big picture, the promotions is given to anyone who has just sneezed or smile just pretty well that day. You go from account manager to assistant manager and the only differences is a little more pay but you only get that pay if you sell choice package at Cosco DIRECTV. You go from account manager to assistant manager and the only differences is a little more pay but you only get that pay if you sell choice package at Cosco DIRECTV If you do not then you will get the regular commission that the newbie makes. No communication between all Companies. Some Cosco‘s are different and some want people to differently pitch and how to patch and where to pitch. Normally these things get miscommunicated or not communicated at all with management so you’re lost once you get to the new Costco. No respect. Lastly there is no respect in the company and when there’s new management they really don’t care of how much work you put into the company previously and how many sells have done previously. They want to just make sure that you can do the job now and make the sales now. And if you can’t then you’re out.

Advice to Management

My advice would be nothing really. You know what you guys are doing and it’s as long as you make money then hey everyone is happy.

Smart Circle2019-06-27

"Don’t do it"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership skills People skills Praise Not much else

Cons

Legal pyramid scheme High turnover rate so don’t make any friends and they use their “managers” as scape goats. They hire and fire so many and they work you to the core. Businesses under this company inevitably fail.

Advice to Management

Fix your structure

Smart Circle2019-06-10