Smart Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Smart Circle Reviews

Updated May 11, 2018

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Smart Circle CEO Michael Meryash
Michael Meryash

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will learn a lot about the business world and develop professional habits (in 10 reviews)

• Great family style work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • I made crap pay and worked long hours (in 41 reviews)

• s not a good idea for people that want a work/life balance right now (in 12 reviews)

1. "Corporate Smart Circle Is A Phenomenal Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am constantly impressed by Smart Circle’s upper echelon and their leadership ability. These are genuine leaders and entrepreneurs that have truly have their employee’s best interests at heart. I have never worked at a more family friendly environment. Smart Circle is outstanding in the way that they are willing to bend over backwards to support their employees. Smart Circle’s leadership, office environments and employee compensation is top notch, our leadership has chosen for the past few years to eat the cost of rising health insurance to ensure that our health insurance costs have not risen, what other company does that? Smart Circle also has a dedicated employee committee that ensures every month we have lunches and team bonding activities!

Cons

I wish there was a more structured corporate atmosphere with mandated training for all departments.
    It is sad that there are a lot of negative reviews from people that are falsely stating they are Smart Circle employees, instead they should acknowledge that they are contractors and do not actually work for Smart Circle.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! Please always continue to make this such an amazing company to work for!

Can I suggest removing the giant dining table in our courtyard area and adding outdoor seating similar to upstairs... It would be amazing to have meetings, lunch, birthdays or just spend time with co-workers on couches and comfy chairs with umbrellas.

2. "My Experience with Smart Circle has been Tremendous"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Thorough, structured training in marketing, communication, and business management. Rapid upward mobility. Lucrative entry level. Great opportunity all around. Truly grateful to be here.

Cons

To be successful here, you have to work hard. It’s not a typical 9-5 and it’s not a good idea for people that want a work/life balance right now. Basically this is a sacrifice a few years of hard work to be able to relax later kind of thing.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you’re doing. Thanks for the opportunity

3. "Smart Circle is an amazing opportunity"

I worked at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Smart Circle managers are very caring about their employees, clients and independent sales teams and Smart Circle is great about giving back and philanthropy. Smart Circle takes good care of its employees, and goes the extra mile for company events and trips.

Cons

It is hard to read the lies online because Smart Circle is not a scam.

Advice to Management

Keep on with your mission caring for your employees and clients and corporate sales teams.

4. "Smart Circle is not a Multi Level Marketing Scam"

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Established successful company which assures long term development and job security. There are benefits with corporate and work time you can devote to nonprofits. The people are friendly, Larry Tenebaum legit cares about employees and clients.

Cons

IT team is overwhelmed so IT requests can take some time
    There is a giant network of 1099 workers that are contracted through independent companies that work in the Smart Circle International network. Even though they are not employees of Smart Circle corporate operation, they use the Smart Circle name on sites like Glassdoor to smear their reputation and try to hurt the independent company they actually worked for that has a business relationship with Smart Circle. Crazy these sites allow anything to be said, even if its not true about the company. I wish Smart Circle would sue them, it makes the perception of being an employee more difficult.

Advice to Management

You are such ethical people you never respond to the fiction, and slander that Smart Circle is targeted by disgruntled 1099 sales people who are hired by companies we contracted. Its not right that people do this, some legal action should be taken against websites like Glassdoor, and Google for falsely depicting the company I work for. It makes no sense why Glassdoor, Indeed or Google should make a profit because a few people go to the internet to target smart circle instead of the actual company who fired them.

5. "Devil Corp"

Pros

No pros stay away from them

Cons

shady sales tactics that try to sell you a dream you can't achieve

"Review about Smart Circle"

Current Employee - Special Projects Coordinator in Jacksonville, NC
    Current Employee - Special Projects Coordinator in Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart Circle has given me the ability to work from home, feel successful, all while taking care of my family. They are very family orientated, which is very important to me as an employee, so they work with you if things come up.
    Smart Circle has become my family. It doesn't matter what position you hold they make sure you feel appreciated.
    Smart Circle has a positive work environment. It's enjoyable to come to work every day. They truly care about you, they care about your family and they care about your success. Promoting within the company is one of the positives about this company. They want to see their employees grow and take on a new task.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a downside. The only downside I personally have is not getting to spend more time with the people I work with. That is my only downside because I work from home.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice. You guys are doing a great job and your a pleasure to work with.

"Comnents"

Current Employee - Compliance Coordinator in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Compliance Coordinator in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

EVERYTHING. This company has become my second home and family! Everyone is so nice and always willing to help. We all support each other even among other departments. There is respect every where you go and I love that they have an "open door"policy, which means you can always talk with your HR or any manager anytime you are not feeling ok about something. The best company I've worked for!!! And Larry T., the owner, is such an AMAZING EXAMPLE as well as all management.

Cons

The AC temp. It can get pretty cold. I believe the AC doesn't work properly sometimes, they try to fix it etc, but sometimes it just gets too cold.

Advice to Management

You're all role models. You are all a humble, kind bunch who are always willing to hear us out. Please don't change!

"I have actual guilt about my job."

Former Employee - Human Resources in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Edina, MN

I worked at Smart Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The skill-sets you're trained on in this company really are superb, and they're skill-sets that you can take with you to become a better employee and employer, depending on your role in the workforce. During my time with Smart Circle, I was trained on persuasion, fear of loss, indifference, and how to genuinely build a good relationship with my interviews. The company is also directed and led by some of the most outgoing and intelligent people I've ever met.

Cons

To be blunt, the company markets itself in ways that make it shady. The small offices are branded under different names throughout the entire country. The job postings it puts out elude to job opportunities that don't exist, essentially. As a recruiter, I was given information on jobs with titles like "Executive Regional Manager", which essentially eluded to a job position that would be granted, maybe, to the candidate, a few years down the line if they met every single one of their goals in sales and in their own team recruitment. It's not un-obtainable, which is how these offices open, but it's not exactly telling the truth either.

Advice to Management

I don't know much about marketing or sales, and I'll be completely upfront about that, but what I do know is that there is a high turn around rate across the board for all positions held underneath upper management, and that the goals that this company sets for its employees, across the board, are hard pressed and very very hard to obtain. It's a stressful work environment for most people who become involved in the company, and the turn around rate is ridiculous. They're so focused on continued recruiting, that they neglect to pay attention to retaining the people they already have on their teams. I'm not a manager, but I have management experience enough to know that in order to keep and continue to build an effective, and well trained team, you have to work at retaining what you already have. If you don't already have a leg to stand on, how do you expect to stay upright?
    My advice to Smart Circle is this: market yourselves by saying what you really are. It's smart to want a wide variety of people to come into your business, as you're going to then get a wide variety of skillsets and people, but when the loss is greater than the gain, what exactly are you doing to benefit?
    You've got hundreds of reviews calling you a scam already, what would it hurt to rebrand? Post yourselves as a sales firm, or something of that nature. Hire people in good conscious, knowing that they know exactly what they're coming into. Put out your own fires so that you can better succeed. I understand Marketing/Sales to be competitive, so why not give yourselves the advantage of having the upper hand because you were honest about what you do. The shame and hatred of this company is associated with the lie behind its branding and the lie behind how it's structured. If you were honest from the get go about the opportunities that COULD come about from it, I think it really would do better in the long run.
    As a company that prides itself on innovation, wouldn't the innovative thing to do, be to try something different for the greater good of the company?

"Love Smart Circle"

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Great colleagues at Smart Circle
    Interesting projects and clients like DIRECTV, AT&T, Costco
    Smart Circle has a lot of opportunity to grow

Cons

Lots of deadlines
    Hard work so not the right fit if you want to relax
    Sometimes, difficult to take extra long lunches

Advice to Management

Keep up good work and building the client base, but 2 hour lunches or longer like in Europe would be useful

"Working at Smart Circle was a great experience"

Pros

Caring team
    Interesting work with big names clients Hands on learning
    Employee feedback matters and counts
    Loyal managers

Cons

Hard work and tight timelines

Few bad apple independent sales offices resulting in major online negatives

Advice to Management

Love the fun vibe
    Keep up the positive culture
    More opportunities for charity worm