Smart Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Smart Circle CEO Michael Meryash
Michael Meryash

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will learn a lot about the business world and develop professional habits (in 10 reviews)

• Great family style work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons

1. "Amazing Way to Learn Marketing Skills and Improve Your Self Image"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Smart Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every human being needs to know how to sell, regardless of what their profession is. Smart Circle will help teach you those skills quickly and effectively. It also has the added benefit of teaching you crucial skills necessary for any business, such as perseverance, keeping a positive attitude, duplicating yourself by teaching other people skills you've learned, mentorship, and conversation skills. You can carry what you learn with this company with you for the rest of your life, regardless of whether you want to run your own marketing firm or not.

Cons

My only con would may seem counter intuitive to anyone who isn't already an entrepreneur. The biggest problem for me, and why I left, was because of the fact that I was getting a paycheck. When you're an employee, you sell your time for a set amount of money, and your company

So even though this company trains you how to become a business owner, it's still a highly taxed job at the beginning (although your commissions are taxed less). So like every other job, they get to tell you where to be and when.

Advice to Management

Stay strong and persevere. In the same way 90% of people will say "no" to you in the marketplace, 90% of people who get into the business either won't have what it takes to make it through, or they'll get what they need and move on to personal projects like me. Either way, this company provides crucial social and business skills that every professional should have.

2. "Brand Manager"

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Set your own hours, unlimited income potential, and the ability to open your own office. Good work life balance.

Cons

No benefits offered, also becomes 100 percent commission because it comes to be more than hourly rate. You don't get both

Advice to Management

Get a benefits program where at least starting out you don't have to pay 100 percent for health insurance. Or allow new reps that have already made it thru probation period both commission and part salary to pay for insurance.

3. "More Than Just A Job!!"

Current Employee - Brand Representative in Pikesville, MD
    Current Employee - Brand Representative in Pikesville, MD

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of positive energy in the atmosphere. All negativity is checked at the door. Advancement is real! If you want it, you have a team that invest in you to achieve it. It's straight to the point, no one is going to invest in you if you don't invest in yourself.

Cons

Was not informed up front of the demand the job required.

Advice to Management

Make sure potential employees are informed more about the daily traveling.

"This is a pyramid scheme"

Current Employee - Sales Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Leader

I have been working at Smart Circle (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Well, actually, I made a friend. So that's cool. We were also both bankrupted by this job.

Cons

Do you like long hours without pay? How about spending more than $300 a month or more on gasoline alone? Do you like spending $500 or more on car repairs every couple months? These costs will probably be more than you got paid.
    The average employee is straight out of college and is looking to make a life for themselves. Looks you're not moving out of your parents house any time soon!
    To say "This job is basically an MBA" is a complete lie. Instead, it's actually just a scam.
    If you know what's good for you, you will look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Karma

"Read This: You will thank me and not waste so much time."

Former Employee - "Marketing Manager" in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - "Marketing Manager" in Orlando, FL

I worked at Smart Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing. I have not one good, genuine or constructive thing to say.

Cons

This company is a lie. They deliberately give eager, job hungry professional false hope and false dreams while making them work ungodly hours and giving up any life outside of Smart Circle. I wasted my life for 6 months. Don't do the same.

If you see any jobs postings for "account manager" or "marketing manager" and the website is very unclear, has no list of clientele, and has beautiful models, then it is a Smart Circle company. Do not apply.

Advice to Management

Karma.

"Employee Lawsuits"

I worked at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

They're worse than Bernie Madoff

Cons

Taking advantage of young people, and ruining their lives.

Advice to Management

Stop your practices of trying to save on payroll taxes, turning people into independent contractors. You're currently going to be turned in to the Attorney General. But you can't have a person be an independent owner, and at the same time have them work for you. It's a manipulative way to not pay payroll taxes, not pay legal wages to your employees, and the State of Washington is going to break this company apart. And the employees will all be involved in a class action suit very soon.

7. "Site Supervisor"

I worked at Smart Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can learn a lot

Cons

Hard work and true determination is needed

8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Market Owner in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Market Owner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I’m 22 making over 55k all thanks to smart circle and AT&T direct tv. I know there is plenty of negative comments on smart circle but remember not everyone has what it takes to become successful. If you do, don’t just apply, inquire about the different programs they have available. I’m involved with AT&T inside Costco. Yes we work a lot but I make over 1,500 a week. I’d rather work my tail off for four years then live the rest of my life as an employee. In 1 year I was able to promote out to run my very own office and market giving others the opportunity to make 50k.

Cons

Not everyone has what it takes to work here. You gotta know how to eat crap and still smile.

Advice to Management

Apply apply apply. No where else can you make 50k plus with a chance to run your own business. It’s W2 so it’s hourly and commission.

"Direct marketing sales associate in Sam's Club"

I worked at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Great starting sales position really builds tough skin for future sales jobs.

Cons

If you like disturbing people while they get groceries and stopping people in their tracks while they are just trying to shop then this is the job for you. you will be hated by everyone that walks past you and it can get tiring after a few months.

Advice to Management

do more events that dont involve groceries stores and harassment.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is "some" valuable skills taught, chiefly in terms of healthy selling-mentality and taking ownership over your area of work....

Cons

It's a pyramid scheme that gets "out" of being officially labeled as one because they don't take money from "each" employee all the way down, but the structure in almost every business sense minus the recruit friends and family, and pay to get in part is EXACTLY the same!!! They've perfected it to the point where the larger offices appear so legitimate even the brightest and best fall into thinking it's a legit opportunity, what they don't tell you is over 80% of the "independent business" FAIL. It's a very unstable business model filled with immense amounts of uncontrollable variables that can render it almost impossible to manage an "office/business" successfully. Good for those with nowhere else to turn, bad for folks with any real talent aside from blind ambition and willingness to learn...

Advice to Management

Stop recruiting (almost) anybody that will take the job, you can't build a business on a shaky foundation, anyone who's told they'll go from entry-level sales to 6 figure earner in 4-8 months is insane. The "manager in training" excuse can only go so far until people realize EVERYONE is a manager-in-training cus the turnover rate is over 80%...