Cover image for Smart Circle

Join the conversation on

Advertising

125.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Smart Circle~224795
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are great to be around because positivity is the number one requirement for employment.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Smart Circle was very kind when I had a family emergency and they worked with me to care for my family enabling me to return to work later.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Becoming a part of Smart Circle has not only opened many great opportunities for me but it has definitely helped me grow great work ethics.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Great location with great employees.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Strong and decisive leadership that is always looking out for those that help support the company infrastructure(in 5 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is low.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Long hours but it beats working 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Smart Circle pays to incorporate commission only sales offices representing big name clients in the telecommunications field.(in 19 reviews)
  • "In reality less than 1% of people who start become a manager, and there is zero guarantee you will make any money.(in 14 reviews)
  • "And no benefits.(in 14 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smart Circle and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work, tons of amazing coworkers!

Sep 29, 2022 - Social Media Specialist in Orange, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This isn't a position I was totally familiar with but the staff at Smart Circle has been so incredibly helpful in learning my trade. They give me good direction on what to do and I have not met a single person that was difficult to work with. Absolutely outstanding work environment and I am excited as we start to do more in office activates to see even more employees.

Cons

The only real downside I've encountered so far has been the location. Once you are at the office it's great, very clean, and located near all kinds of good spots for lunch. But getting to and leaving is a bit of a pain due to local traffic.

2. 1.0

MLM scheme/Toxic Culture/Take Advantage of College Grads

Oct 12, 2022 - Corporate Trainer in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to brush up on soft skills. Able to learn my rights as an employee when I started to figure out I was being taken advantage of.

Cons

This company is very scary. Please watch “The Slave Circle” on amazon prime video. It will give you a lot of background. There are not health benefits, PTO, or any benefits attached to the job. They say “you will make more than enough money to pay for your own benefits.” Also, they promise opportunities for growth if you work hard but there is literally only one path to take. You do not get a say on what industries you want to grow in. They promise you this dream of making you a “CEO” if you work hard. However, you are not a “CEO” you are referred to as an “owner” but still report to a boss. They treat you great as a new employee and put you on a pedestal but start to disregard you as you go up in ranks. I worked for one of their “CEOs” in California and I was completely taken advantage of. I had to work about 6 days of the week and was required to attend “optional” meetings on my days off. I was not paid for work I did on my days off. I was not paid overtime for working 10+ hours a day. I was gaslit into believing that my anxiety was something stopping me from becoming a leader. They used a GPA to grade me on how I was progressing as an employee! All of these bad reviews are 100% true! I reported their owner Khalil Verdell of Blue Millennial, to the labor bureau in California because of unpaid overtime, working off the clock, and not paying me the commission I was owed. Please if you are a college graduate DO NOT BE SWAYED BY THEIR TACTICS. They will market this opportunity as a once in a life time chance to be an owner and CEO. I pray that this company gets shutdown and that the compensation to employees, former and current, will be paid in full.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Smart Circle team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

Ok

Sep 9, 2022 - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Business ceo mindset ok ok

Cons

Work all the time no days off

Director of Corporate Communication

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Smart Circle, but we believe your assessment is for the wrong company, and you meant to review the actual company you were a sales representative for and not Smart Circle. Smart Circle is a broker of outsourced sales that works with a network of independent sales companies. Smart Circle does not employ sales representatives; with that being said, we are interested when someone does not have a good experience with any of the independent sales companies we work with. When you have time, please email us at webinquiry@thesmartcircle.com and tell us about your experience with the independent sales company where you were employed.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company Culture and Opportunity

Aug 3, 2022 - Campaign Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart Circle does a wonderful job supporting their employees. The work is fast paced, unique, and always exciting. Employees are passionate about their work and there is a strong sense of community among team members at Smart Circle. Senior management has a strong focus on growth and new opportunities for employees. I would strongly recommend working at Smart Circle.

Cons

No cons to note here

Director of Corporate Communication

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about your experience at Smart Circle in Newport Beach. We are happy to hear that you would strongly recommend working at Smart Circle, and we agree that one of the best parts about Smart Circle is our employees' passion for their team and the company.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Repeating the same advice forever...

Aug 12, 2022 - Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

cool people (sometimes), definitely learned some stuff, my boss was a dope dude

Cons

no work/life balance, absolutely beats you down, sales were a reflection of your worth as a lead and a team member

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Corporate Communication

Thank you for taking the time and leaving your honest feedback. We are glad to see that you "learned some stuff" and your boss was a "dope dude." However, based on the information you provided, Campaign Manager in Sacramento, CA, we feel that you were employed by an independent sales company, not Smart Circle. Smart Circle is a broker of outsourced sales that works with a network of independent sales companies. That said, we are always interested when someone does not have a good experience with any of the independent sales companies we work with. When you have time, please email us at webinquiry@thesmartcircle.com and tell us about your experience with the independent sales company where you were employed.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity

Jul 8, 2022 - ICD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity , Goal orientated , mentorship ,professionalism

Cons

Time Time Time Time Time

Director of Corporate Communication

We appreciate you taking the time and leaving your honest feedback.

8. 1.0

Horrible Company

Aug 10, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros what so ever.

Cons

A complete MLM, horrible company. Work more than 60 hours a week, get paid like you worked 20 at minimum wage. Mandatory unpaid office time where you listen to the owner drone on for an hour and "train" employees for two, then if you make it past your first week you have to come into the office an hour earlier and then come back to the office for another hour after field work, as well as being a field job where you have to look customers in the eye and tell them blatant lies that they will find out eventually anyway once they get the service you peddle.

2 people found this review helpful

Director of Corporate Communication

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Smart Circle. Based on the information you provided, being an account manager, we feel that your employment was with an independent sales company, not Smart Circle. Smart Circle is a broker of outsourced sales that works with a network of independent sales companies. That said, we are always interested when someone does not have a good experience with any of the independent sales companies we work with. When you have time, please email us at webinquiry@thesmartcircle.com and tell us about your experience with the independent sales company where you were employed.

9. 5.0

Entrepreneurial Mindset

Jun 10, 2022 - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible growth potential, great environment, fantastic opportunity for experience. Also an incredible base of clients including several Fortune 100 and Fortune 15 companies. Hard work is rewarded and the people side of the business is very fulfilling.

Cons

Very difficult. Long hours, commission based pay (i.e. low if you struggle with sales). If you are the type of person who wants a solid, stable 9-5, clock in, clock out type of thing: look elsewhere. Definitely a place for people with an entrepreneurial mindset that will work as hard and as many hours as they can do that they don't have to later in life.

Director of Corporate Communication

Thank you for sharing your experience with Smart Circle; being a broker of outsourced sales, we help build connections between our clients and a network of independent sales companies. With your shared experience, it looks like an independent sales company employed you. We agree that in-person sales provide incredible growth potential and a fantastic opportunity for experience in sales.

10. 3.0

Unsure but determined

Jun 23, 2022 - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing atmosphere in the work place and strong determination.

Cons

Unsure of what the future has to hold

Director of Corporate Communication

Thank you for taking the time and leaving your honest feedback.

11. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

great place to grow

Jun 7, 2022 - Event Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great teammates easy hours flexible good connections good boss

Cons

low pay long working hour bad communication

Director of Corporate Communication

We appreciate you taking the time and leaving your honest feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 446 Reviews
</>Embed

Smart Circle Reviews FAQs

Smart Circle has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 473 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Smart Circle to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Smart Circle employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Smart Circle. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

74% of Smart Circle employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Smart Circle 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Smart Circle to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, benefits, management.