Smart Circle Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Meryash
  1. "Ok place to work"

Former Employee - Helper

I worked at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Good staff they listen to advices

Cons

Long work hours Long hours

Advice to Management

Listen more to advices.

Smart Circle2019-09-15
  2. "odd"

Former Employee - Account Director in Riverside, CA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

they motivate you and offer support

Cons

no benefits at all. work super long hours

Smart Circle2019-09-05
  3. "Growth and opportunity"

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding company, great networking, great growth.

Cons

You can be pushed out of comfort zone to help you grow fast.

Smart Circle2019-08-27
  4. "Great Partnership!"

I have been working at Smart Circle

Pros

Working side by side with Smart Circle has made for my success possible as an independent contractor. The amount of support and resources they have available is incredible!

Cons

I don’t have any at this time.

Smart Circle2019-08-27
  5. "Brainwashing/assumptions based lies"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to meet wonderful people who become family.

Cons

If you are in a building with a very small office and you are introduced to the owner right of the bat gtf out and run. You will be spending long hours a day no social life or family time. While you are out in the sun the owner is in his office or home watching the game. Cult like feeling where it is break build break psychological system. Your leaders or owner will want to get to know you on a personal level so... he can use the information to 5 step you and use that information against you. For fast wax you are in a gas station usually sams or krogers. For make up you are in the parking lot selling it car to car. For Chips you are in a parking lot or gas stations . For home improvement you guys are inside Sams club. Commission varies but owner gets around 25 to 38 percent. If you are out there it is 25 percent. Everyday is a mental fight so if you are about it then go for it. Go to the Dallas Conference it is awesome because of the food. They do not pay for your gas.

Advice to Management

You do not care you made your money. Owners average out 4 to 8 years while agents last about 2 to 5 months. Maybe yall should provide a base salary and you will see the increase.

Smart Circle2019-08-25

"Brainwashes employees. I was the only person in the organization with a degree and the brains to see through the bs."

Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent money for the work.

Cons

-Making everyone is big box retailers hate you -working in a Sams club -morning meetings at 7 am 3 times a week -no such thing as personal life or family life

Advice to Management

give up and get a real job

Smart Circle2019-08-05

"Most Unethical Company In America"

Account Manager

I worked at Smart Circle

Pros

Can get sales experience. That's about it.

Cons

Legal pyramid scheme. False promises. Cult like work culture and brainwashing. Extremely low pay. Fake job ads. Unethical sales tactics. Targets the young and naive. And much more. Watch the Slave Circle documentary on Youtube or research Devilcorp. There needs to be legislation in congress to make what they're doing illegal.

Advice to Management

I have nothing to say to these people.

Smart Circle2019-07-27
  8. "Process needs to be improved soon"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant

I worked at Smart Circle full-time

Pros

Very little overtime work even during busy season

Cons

Few opportunities for promotion or further development in career

Smart Circle2019-07-16

"MLM?"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Kaysville, UT

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learn some public speaking skills. Very nice people for the most part.

Cons

-previous boss stole our commissions, stole from the stores, and shorted us on the commissions, no action by the company has been taken to alleviate the issue. -guilt trips to have you do things you would prefer not to do such as having an office meeting at 9pm - If it is just you and the boss employed, you have to work 7 days a week until new people get hired, which you have to train for no extra... pay -likely an MLM designed to give you more and more responsibility without extra pay. The pyramid scheme is very prevalent here and employee favorites are played.

Advice to Management

Don't just leave and steal our money. Don't tell your partners that you sympathize with them and pay them out when we should have been payed by the guy that just left. Please, find the guy that did this to your company so that you don't get another review like this.

Smart Circle2019-07-11

"Don't Waste Your Time"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Lancaster, CA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are a sales person by heart this is the job for you, if not then don't waste your time.

Cons

Companies that I have been through for DirectTV Costco in Lancaster CA. Vista Innovative and CV Marketing. The worse management ever! If you want to feel depressed and under paid with bad management, bad training, and in the dark with everything then hey, this is the place for you. False promotions. You got promoted to Account Manger? Big deal! Doesn't mean anything really. Maybe a little more pay if you sale... Choice package for DirectTv but if you don't you will be getting the same commission as the new guy.They promote everyone who is new so they can feel like they are part of the company and they will get promoted again. It isn't really, its just a way to keep you there. Poor management! Every few months a new company takes over and you won't know its happening until someone new shows up to work and you have no idea who they are. Also if you have any illness or problems they will not accommodate you for anything or give you sick pay. You better be there and ready to pitch people you pitch the day before. Secret Shoppers. This means while you may have not done anything wrong. They will have people watching everything you do so this way they can know that if you are regrouping to pitch or maybe need a sweater because its cold and you are by the door so they can let you next day. The smallest things will get you fired. Not allowed to wear sweaters in Costco. I'm not kidding you. Supplies. Wait, what are those? Most likely you will have to supply yourself with all the paper work, ipad for SaraPlus, and more. Be ready for the supplies you do have. They will be out of date and will be a mess. Road trips. They call them fun road trips but what it is is you waking up very early to be at a Costco they told you to be at 9am. Now I am in California so road trip is not what I want... because its more like sitting in traffic for a 13 dollar job that does not pay for the gas you use to get to that Costco. 8am morning meetings. These meetings you better be at or you won't be promoted or won't seem like a team player. These meeting are people standing around and showing how they sell DirectTV. This will be their way of selling it, not you. Then we all stand around and talk about who sold the most which could be anyone. The newbie who just got on and had 3 sales because they most likely walk up or someone who has been with the company for a few months and they got a Bell which is two sales. The meetings are also Its just another way to keep you very tired and with no time to look for another job. I could go on but I can just say is don't waste your time and don't put your heart into. If you do and later on your sales aren't as good, they will let you go. This job as a very high turn around because of many things. Its the people you work with, its the way how everything feels like a scam, its just shady. I was with the company for a year until I was let go because I wasn't pitching as much due to a Lupus flare. My manger did not care and wanted me to pitch either way if not or if I could not I had to leave.

Advice to Management

Stay with one management and with one that knows what they are actually doing.

Smart Circle2019-06-28