Smart Circle "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Smart Circle CEO Michael Meryash
Michael Meryash

"Get Away Fast"

Former Employee - Team Manager

I worked at Smart Circle part-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros to this company unless you want to work your way up to the top of a company quickly and don't have any morals

Cons

There is not one thing honest about this company. They start lying to you the second you come in for the interview. This is nothing but a pyramid scheme in disguise. I felt like a horrible person after working for this company. There are only a couple products that I'd actually use that we sold. I would tell people that these products were the best out there and when I'd go home and try them out myself they were horrible....

Advice to Management

I hope the company folds. A lot of what is going on is straight up illegal.

Smart Circle2014-12-10

"Girl was fired for "Networking Across""

Former Employee - Event Marketing in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people. I loved the people I worked with. They were encouraging and wonderful to work with. They wanted you to do well, and were willing to teach you a lot. With this kind of sales you do lean how to sell, and sell well. Sales isn't for everyone, true, but that isn't the main source of the turn over. Its just the "other" issues that drive people away.

Cons

Company structure is a MLM. You don't get to own your own part like a traditional MLM until you prove yourself to your uppers. Long hours (8:30am meeting- drive to store. Start Selling and then take down and leave at 8pm), commission only (if you don't make minimum wage, they pay you that for the day but you have to pay it back to the company when you do get commission) and no reimbursement for gas for traveling. They...

Advice to Management

Don't make fun of other companies and people who work for other organizations. The idea that you are "better" than others because you work in this organization is straight up hubris. You are driving people away with that attitude, the long hours, and the encouragement to only talk to the manager about anything with the job. MLM's are good for the first people in them, not the last.

Smart Circle2014-11-25

"This job can make you or break you"

Former Employee - Marketing Team Leader in New York, NY

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can learn some great sales training/fundamentals that you can take with you if Smart Circle doesn't work out for you Good leadership and training, no seniority, all promotions are within If you get to a high enough point in management you can be your own boss

Cons

There is a high failure rate Long hours for little pay unless you hit senior management. There is barely any opportunity for work-life balance

Advice to Management

waiting rooms of offices should look more professional as it can be very unattractive for people coming in for interviews higher salary is necessary

Smart Circle2014-09-19

"Pyramid Scheme/ Cult"

Former Employee - "Brand Ambassador" in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you have no morals, then congrats! You have a 5% chance of succeeding here. You're the only type of person who would have a chance.

Cons

Where do I even begin??? -Misleading interview process -Brainwashed sales reps -Extremely long hours, very little pay...if any pay at all (commission based) -Manipulative sales practices. For example, even though you are technically trying to sell something, I was told BY A TRAINER if someone tells you no soliciting say "well actually I was here to give you something for free, but since you're not interested...oh...

Advice to Management

Take a long walk off a short pier..to put it the old fashioned way. Seriously, you people are downright evil.

Smart Circle2014-06-16

"Horrible"

I worked at Smart Circle

Pros

None. Maybe you gain communication skills but that's it.

Cons

Horrible. Long hours no pay commission only . Your having an "employee mindset" if you ask about hours or money. Managers talk a huge game but are broke themselves.

Advice to Management

Quit. Do something better. Quit praying on weak people who will worship the ground u walk on

Smart Circle2014-05-23

"Sucked!"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were no Pros. This place Sucked!

Cons

Long Hours Little Pay Brainwashing Waste of time Kills your brain cells

Advice to Management

Burn down

Smart Circle2014-04-07

"Lies, Lies, and D@mn Statistics."

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to learn about yourself and get sales experience. The job improved my communication skills and it's something semi-professional looking to put on a resume.

Cons

I'll start out by saying that I don't think what Smart Circle is doing is a scam, because everything they do is legal. They're just a very shady and deceitful company and a borderline pyramid scheme. I worked for the company for about a year and got to see most of the ins and outs of the business. In my time with the company I was lied to and encouraged to lie all in the name of an "opportunity" that is really just a...

Advice to Management

Not sure where to start here. Definitely stop lying to your employees with promises that you're going to make them all business owners. But then again lying is the foundation of the Smart Circle's structure, so I don't know.

Smart Circle2014-02-02

"This is a total scam!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tyngsboro, MA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of many, it will teach you very quickly what not to look for in a job right out of college

Cons

Long hours, no compensation for travel. Difficult sales minimums that if you miss you make less than mininmum wage for the hours worked. Very hard to turn a profit in an older market

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees, ,let them know there is money to be made if you have the 'knack' for selling. but don't pretend it's more than just a quick sales pitch repeated ad nauseaum day in day out

Smart Circle2014-01-30

"Not a bad job if you want to work yourself to the bone"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

The information and mentoring that was provided was really great. Leaders look out for you. Managers a really motivating.

Cons

Super long hours! 60-70 a week Unless you are a closer you will not be able to pay the bills. They dangle the illusion of becoming a manager in your face from day one, but in reality it is exactly that, an illusion

Smart Circle2013-12-04

"Worked for a local office/branch, was a horrible experience! Joke company. (Boston area)"

Former Employee - "Promotional Manager" Not Just Entry Level in Boston, MA

I worked at Smart Circle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees were nice. and you do gain some sales experience.

Cons

Long hours, way too much driving, lousy pay, takes forever to get paid, can not survive here!

Advice to Management

Should be more honest when hiring new employees. STOP misleading them, its not right. This is not a very good opportunity for most people. They do not make any money and work their butts off for nothing!! Took me two months to get paid. Ridiculous!

Smart Circle2014-01-04