Smart Synergies Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Aaron Weissmann
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good contracting firm to work for!"

Pros

Strong benefits for a contract organization; good support.

Cons

Can't think of anything particular!!

Advice to Management

no advice

"Stay away from this company!!!!"

I worked at Smart Synergies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work from home and flexibility

Cons

Very bad company with no stability or security. No career advancement or growth, No honesty and too much lies. They just use people

Advice to Management

Be honest and stop using people

3. "Great place to work and grow!"

I have been working at Smart Synergies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management from the CEO down is accessible and always provides a clear vision for the future. Great opportunity to grow in your role and the company provides a career path for upward mobility. Company balances holding people accountable, while not being "micro-managers."

Cons

At times there is conflict among different operating units, but the company works hard to come to a resolution that drives the business forward.

Advice to Management

With excellent Fortune 100 client base, my advice to the management is to open new offices and hire new sales/recruiting folks

"Awful company. Awful experience."

I worked at Smart Synergies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick turn around interviewing and hiring. You get to work from home.

Cons

Below market salary. Micro managing. Pressure to work around the clock. My personal story: I started on a Monday and was given three days to get my paperwork turned in to HR. I told management that I would get it to them no later than C.O.B. of Wednesday that week. That first day, I got an e-mail in the afternoon asking for the status of my paperwork. I reminded them that I'd have it completed by Wednesday afternoon. On Tuesday, I get another e-mail asking for status. I told them I was working on it. On Wednesday morning, I received an e-mail telling me that my services were no longer needed at Smart Synergies because I hadn't completed my paperwork. I called management immediately asking them what's going on? I was told that if I got my paperwork turned in within the hour, I could continue working there. But not until the following Monday. In order for them to process everything. And I would only get paid for Monday and Tuesday of that week. I went along with this because I wasn't working at the moment and had a family. I resumed working the following Monday. Then, I started getting calls every hour from management asking me what I was working on. And each time I gave detailed information. All of which I had been documenting in their ATS. But they felt the need to call, discuss and question. By the end of that first week, it just got to be too much for me. I'm a seasoned professional, not a child, and I didn't want to work another day in these conditions. So I resigned.

Advice to Management

Find someone else to manage your team.

"Please Read!"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter

I worked at Smart Synergies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the pleasure from working from home, as well as meeting a couple of fantastic guys that I worked with (not for) who were also sadly led into a dark, dismal employment situation with the company.

Cons

Cons? Well, that would be the word I would use to describe "Management". There were names of employees that you will never meet, and with whom you will never speak, simply because they are fictitious, fabricated lies to make the company seem legitimate and much bigger than it is. This is "one guy and his old lady" shop claiming to have a "Management" team. Lastly, I watched recruiters fly in and out the door due to micro-management issues... You are held accountable to being available every second of every minute of every hour of every work day... and this includes lunch hours.

Advice to Management

Try honesty? When recruiting you new recruiters and salesmen who have all left, just tell them you are trying to reestablish the business instead of making up employees' existences in attempts to trick them. Do yourself and everyone else around you a favor... Stop making things up, including the 5 star review you just wrote on glassdoor about your company.

"Warning........Warning........Warning"

Pros

Working from home. But plan on being monitored the entire time.

Cons

This goes out to anyone in Sales and Recruiting looking for work. Don't look here. Where to start? This company is a joke. The manager tells you what you want to hear to get you on board. Get names and numbers of people he claims work for him. And then contact them. But it's not going to happen, they don't exist. Also, insist on meeting with his HR department. Good luck there too. Look up everyone online who has worked for Smart Synergies and ask them about their experience with the company. Most have come and gone within a few months. Either unjustly fired (like me) or they've have quit. I get an e-mail out of no where that my services are no longer needed. No warning about performance. Never put on a "plan" to improve. Just let go. Do your homework people and avoid this place like the plague. If I could give Smart Synergies a zero star review, I would. But you have to give at least one star. This was the worst work experience I've ever had.

Advice to Management

Shut down.

7. "Good company"

Former Contractor - Software Engineer
    Former Contractor - Software Engineer

I worked at Smart Synergies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

They are helpful when it comes to making sure you receive your pay checks. They send reminders about time sheets and all that.

Cons

There wasn't clear communication as it relates to who will be taking care of payments.