SmartRecruiters Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Jerome Ternynck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A very experienced leadership team that clearly has a long-term plan for the company (in 9 reviews)

• Amazing product, great people, engaged upper management (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is openly hostile and display their inexperience at every challenge (in 4 reviews)

• As with any growing company there is continuing change in all areas of the business as it looks to scale and optimize (in 3 reviews)

1. "A company that can change an industry"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. The Product - has been recognized as a leader in strategy and innovation, generating alot of buzz from industry analysts and publications.
    2. Leadership team - comes from backgrounds in SaaS and/or Recruiting
    3. Professional Development - my business leaders have put the team in a great position to be successful, from a perspective of tools/processes and coaching.
    4. Vision - you work for a company that has a purpose. Change the world of recruiting to connect people to jobs.

Cons

1. The Human Resources industry is slower to adopt new technology, making sales processes a bit complex and prolonged.
    2. Still building out the People function and career tracks.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the topic of Hiring Success because more and more HR leaders are understanding the value of Talent Acquisition within their orgs. Also, it could be valuable for all new hires within the Revenue org to have a basic understanding of how the product works.

2. "What's not to love?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great people, engaged & collaborative leadership
    - Modern, clean, & pet-friendly office in the heart of downtown
    - Excellent perks, 401k matching, unlimited PTO
    - Strong focus on career development/growth, opportunities to travel
    - Truly cutting-edge product & vision that complements a mission-driven heart

Cons

Despite an impressive and ever-growing list global customers, brand awareness hasn't quite reached the tipping point yet.

Advice to Management

Don't take the foot off the pedal, continue the positive trends of developing employees and supporting community endeavors.

3. "Great Company, Great People, Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

SmartRecruiters, more than any other company I've worked for truly cares about their employees well being. They're incredibly supportive of personal growth, enable their members to be successful in their role and allow everyone to be themselves. SmartRecruiters believes that everyone is the CEO of their work and promotes autonomy within their role.

Cons

I wouldn't call this a con, but more so a word to those that aren't familiar with start-up environments: The pace and rate of change and growth at SmartRecruiters has been astonishing and with that comes a lot of change in process and procedures. It can be difficult to keep up at times as things can change any given day.

Advice to Management

Keep the communication lines open and periodically check in on your team if you notice they've been working really hard. It's nice to get recognition even if it is on a random Tuesday afternoon ;)

4. "On the up and up!"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome people. Team is truly one of a kind—they're bright, hardworking and committed.
    - Great product with strong potential to become THE industry-leading TA solution. Product team consistently delivers innovative releases that continue to disrupt the industry.
    - Lunch catered 3/5 days and plenty of snacks
    - Convenient location. HQ is located steps away from BART and dog-friendly!

Cons

Compensation/benefits could be slightly better. As a lean startup, still trying to work through processes and operational kinks; but overall, not many cons.

Advice to Management

We're on the right track. Continue to invest in your people, lead with transparency and push us towards our vision.

5. "SmartRecruiters is on a great trajectory!"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Best product on the market. It's exciting to be leading the ATS replacement cycle.
    - A very experienced leadership team that clearly has a long-term plan for the company.
    - Smart and hardworking co-workers that make a difference every day.
    - Catered lunch 3 days per week
    - Free snacks/drinks/etc.
    - Really convenient office located right next to BART in the FiDi

Cons

- Things can change quickly, but that's the nature of the startup life.
    - Long-term career paths are still being defined

Advice to Management

Hire great people and stick to your hiring profile. Keep soliciting feedback from employees and be as transparent as possible.

"Company is in a great spot"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-SmartRecruiters sets the bar in TA Software. Excellent 'Best-of-Breed' software that can integrate with virtually any other recruitment or HCM vendors.
    -New management has made it a priority to pay attention to the sales teams and understand their needs. The foundation has been set.
    -Company culture continues to build

Cons

-Some HR teams have taken a while to catch up to the 'Best-of-Breed' concept, so you'll lose deals because SmartRecruiters isn't the safe play.
    -Can be a long sales cycle
    -Not a ton of negatives

Advice to Management

The company is headed in the right direction. Keep it up!

"A great start-up primed to take a jump to the next level"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing product. It feels good to be on a team selling the best product in the industry
    - Growing Industry to be in. Big companies are moving to better more all-inclusive ATS software
    - Great Team who is very engaged in the company and believes in where it's headed
    - Great Leadership who empowers their team to be successful

Cons

- Lunch is 3/5 days a week.
    - It's a fast growing company so there is a ton of work. It makes the job more exciting.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great talent. 2018 will be a huge year of growth for SmartRecruiters.

"Good Past....Bright Future"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1- Great product architecture that has the company poised to gain increased marketshare by continuing to support the needs of global enterprise to startup companies across all industries. Innovative and focused product team that continues to deliver new and innovative features and functionalities.

2- Solidified organizational structure. Lots of changes in a growing company but now has in place great executive leadership and structure across all functions that is providing a move unified and cohesive vision.

3-Good People. I believe there are people here that want to build a company/product that truly supports our customers Hiring Success and helps connects people to jobs.

Cons

1 - Hasn't had internal streamlined processes which can burn people out/cause frustrations.

2 - Lots of internal change. As with any growing company there is continuing change in all areas of the business as it looks to scale and optimize. This last 2 years there has been a lot of reorganization, org structure, territories changes, etc.

3 - Just building out the People function of the business which has been lacking

Advice to Management

Continue to streamline and put structure to internal processes.

"Being Part of the Movement"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ever changing! The one constant at SR today is change. Change can be a bad thing, but in the case of SR...it's great! We aren't afraid to change course and adapt to our customers needs, industry needs and more creative ways to change the world of TA.

We are in it together! It's a group of people that are all on the same mission. Everyday we come to work with the same mission and the same purpose. Nobody is inaccessible, leadership, product ,sales everyone comes calling. One team, one purpose.

World class leadership team comprised of many top tech companies across the globe.

Cons

Product is still evolving. I list this as a con, because we have been on the losing end of some deals because of missing features. But the positive is the product team is really working to close those gaps.

Marketing is playing catch up. SmartRecruiters is still not a well recognized brand in the ATS space yet. It's surprising with how many conversations start out with, "why have I never heard of you before?" All signs point to this being a primary focus moving forward which is encouraging.

With some of the ups and downs, personally I wish the pay was a little bit more to compensate.

Advice to Management

Don't ever lose the level of company transparency we have today. It makes everyone feel apart of this and keeps us motivated to do better than we did yesterday!

"Wild Ride"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

Buckle up because this will be the ride of a lifetime. This company is doing some amazing things and is really at the forefront of its industry. It is tech in the Bay Area in essence so things move really fast. If you like pushing yourself to be better, faster, stronger every day, then this is the place for you.

Cons

Not for the faint of heart, this company moves fast. To keep up, you need to be at the top of your game.

Advice to Management

Focus on doing less things and doing one or two things really well.