SmartRecruiters Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Jerome Ternynck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A very experienced leadership team that clearly has a long-term plan for the company (in 8 reviews)

• Amazing product, great people, engaged upper management (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is openly hostile and display their inexperience at every challenge (in 4 reviews)

• As with any growing company there is continuing change in all areas of the business as it looks to scale and optimize (in 3 reviews)

1. "On the up and up!"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Awesome people. Team is truly one of a kind—they're bright, hardworking and committed.
    - Great product with strong potential to become THE industry-leading TA solution. Product team consistently delivers innovative releases that continue to disrupt the industry.
    - Lunch catered 3/5 days and plenty of snacks
    - Convenient location. HQ is located steps away from BART and dog-friendly!

Cons

Compensation/benefits could be slightly better. As a lean startup, still trying to work through processes and operational kinks; but overall, not many cons.

Advice to Management

We're on the right track. Continue to invest in your people, lead with transparency and push us towards our vision.

2. "SmartRecruiters is on a great trajectory!"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Best product on the market. It's exciting to be leading the ATS replacement cycle.
    - A very experienced leadership team that clearly has a long-term plan for the company.
    - Smart and hardworking co-workers that make a difference every day.
    - Catered lunch 3 days per week
    - Free snacks/drinks/etc.
    - Really convenient office located right next to BART in the FiDi

Cons

- Things can change quickly, but that's the nature of the startup life.
    - Long-term career paths are still being defined

Advice to Management

Hire great people and stick to your hiring profile. Keep soliciting feedback from employees and be as transparent as possible.

"Company is in a great spot"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-SmartRecruiters sets the bar in TA Software. Excellent 'Best-of-Breed' software that can integrate with virtually any other recruitment or HCM vendors.
    -New management has made it a priority to pay attention to the sales teams and understand their needs. The foundation has been set.
    -Company culture continues to build

Cons

-Some HR teams have taken a while to catch up to the 'Best-of-Breed' concept, so you'll lose deals because SmartRecruiters isn't the safe play.
    -Can be a long sales cycle
    -Not a ton of negatives

Advice to Management

The company is headed in the right direction. Keep it up!

"A great start-up primed to take a jump to the next level"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing product. It feels good to be on a team selling the best product in the industry
    - Growing Industry to be in. Big companies are moving to better more all-inclusive ATS software
    - Great Team who is very engaged in the company and believes in where it's headed
    - Great Leadership who empowers their team to be successful

Cons

- Lunch is 3/5 days a week.
    - It's a fast growing company so there is a ton of work. It makes the job more exciting.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great talent. 2018 will be a huge year of growth for SmartRecruiters.

"Good Past....Bright Future"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1- Great product architecture that has the company poised to gain increased marketshare by continuing to support the needs of global enterprise to startup companies across all industries. Innovative and focused product team that continues to deliver new and innovative features and functionalities.

2- Solidified organizational structure. Lots of changes in a growing company but now has in place great executive leadership and structure across all functions that is providing a move unified and cohesive vision.

3-Good People. I believe there are people here that want to build a company/product that truly supports our customers Hiring Success and helps connects people to jobs.

Cons

1 - Hasn't had internal streamlined processes which can burn people out/cause frustrations.

2 - Lots of internal change. As with any growing company there is continuing change in all areas of the business as it looks to scale and optimize. This last 2 years there has been a lot of reorganization, org structure, territories changes, etc.

3 - Just building out the People function of the business which has been lacking

Advice to Management

Continue to streamline and put structure to internal processes.

"Being Part of the Movement"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ever changing! The one constant at SR today is change. Change can be a bad thing, but in the case of SR...it's great! We aren't afraid to change course and adapt to our customers needs, industry needs and more creative ways to change the world of TA.

We are in it together! It's a group of people that are all on the same mission. Everyday we come to work with the same mission and the same purpose. Nobody is inaccessible, leadership, product ,sales everyone comes calling. One team, one purpose.

World class leadership team comprised of many top tech companies across the globe.

Cons

Product is still evolving. I list this as a con, because we have been on the losing end of some deals because of missing features. But the positive is the product team is really working to close those gaps.

Marketing is playing catch up. SmartRecruiters is still not a well recognized brand in the ATS space yet. It's surprising with how many conversations start out with, "why have I never heard of you before?" All signs point to this being a primary focus moving forward which is encouraging.

With some of the ups and downs, personally I wish the pay was a little bit more to compensate.

Advice to Management

Don't ever lose the level of company transparency we have today. It makes everyone feel apart of this and keeps us motivated to do better than we did yesterday!

"Wild Ride"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

Buckle up because this will be the ride of a lifetime. This company is doing some amazing things and is really at the forefront of its industry. It is tech in the Bay Area in essence so things move really fast. If you like pushing yourself to be better, faster, stronger every day, then this is the place for you.

Cons

Not for the faint of heart, this company moves fast. To keep up, you need to be at the top of your game.

Advice to Management

Focus on doing less things and doing one or two things really well.

"The Best Co-Workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. People - The smartest people I have ever worked with, I've met at SmartRecruiters. You cannot question a Smartian's intelligence - they inspire me every day. Friends you make here will be your friends for life.
    2. Product - The best product in the market, customers love it and are not afraid to show it. Our product team is what I like to call "nuts about recruiting". :)
    3. Work - Great learning opportunities, especially for those looking to start their careers. Lot of collaboration opportunities for every worker across different departments. Everyone is in this together #asone.

Cons

1. Would be awesome to have food more times a week - will be good for productivity (lunch break tends to extend to 40 mins when you step out).
    2. We can maybe do more to celebrate the smaller wins.

"SmartRecruiters, BadEmployers"

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People on the team are great.
    Company provides a great product.

Cons

Notice how all the good reviews are from people with short tenure. It takes a while to find out how little management actually cares about their employees (with few exceptions of course). There is 0 transparency from the top down and employees are punished for not dedicating their life to the company. People have been "let go" on the spot for announcing a 2 week notice (which is a courtesy from the employee I might add). That should speak volumes. Senior management is openly hostile and display their inexperience at every challenge.

They tout a great culture, but that's more a product of the teams and definitely not coming from the top down.

"So much potential little cares for it's people"

Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people, flexible schedule, decent perks, free food, pet-friendly office, matching 401k, fun events, clean office

Cons

CEO doesn't care about his own Employees, women make less than men, little diversity, lots of turnover, disgruntled employees, mediocre health benefits,

Advice to Management

Do more than just "act" like you care, @CEO take care of your "unseen" heros in the office, remember we're a "people first" company not $$ first and people last, pay more attention to other department besides Sales! Practice what you preach, attend company functions, and for jesus sakes learn how to communicate.

SmartRecruiters Response

May 31, 2017 – Founder & CEO

I am sorry you feel this way and would encourage you to speak up as we'd love to hear how to improve as an organization.

As for the facts: