SmartRecruiters Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Jerome Ternynck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great collaborative leadership team with high energy and potential (in 6 reviews)

• Amazing product that the clients love and is incredibly well supported (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is openly hostile and display their inexperience at every challenge (in 4 reviews)

• The managers have to endure a lot since they work with the executives, and ultimately they make everyone's lives much better (in 2 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

A lot of change for the better in the last 5 months

Cons

Can be difficult to close deals

"Stay far far away."

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

Decent product, free booze and food

Cons

Shady executive team with bad communication. People plot behind your back, the company is super political, don't expect to get ahead unless you suck up to certain people especially the CEO. He is a big part of why culture is failing in the company. He blames everyone else for everything that goes wrong. I am very happy to not be at this company anymore... very toxic environment. Job stability doesn't exist, look elsewhere if you know what's good for you.

Advice to Management

Get better leadership.

"Downward Spiral"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

Lunch 3x week, convenient location, awesome product, friendly staff

Cons

employees dropping like flies all the time and don't expect People team to help you because they're eventually pushed out too. nobody feels safe and unfortunately its a problem from the top down that seems impossible to fix.

Advice to Management

improve communication, instead of preaching about transparency BE transparent, learn manners when you speak to your direct reports, stop punishing people when they give feedback

"The Best Co-Workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. People - The smartest people I have ever worked with, I've met at SmartRecruiters. You cannot question a Smartian's intelligence - they inspire me every day. Friends you make here will be your friends for life.
    2. Product - The best product in the market, customers love it and are not afraid to show it. Our product team is what I like to call "nuts about recruiting". :)
    3. Work - Great learning opportunities, especially for those looking to start their careers. Lot of collaboration opportunities for every worker across different departments. Everyone is in this together #asone.

Cons

1. Would be awesome to have food more times a week - will be good for productivity (lunch break tends to extend to 40 mins when you step out).
    2. We can maybe do more to celebrate the smaller wins.

"SmartRecruiters, BadEmployers"

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People on the team are great.
    Company provides a great product.

Cons

Notice how all the good reviews are from people with short tenure. It takes a while to find out how little management actually cares about their employees (with few exceptions of course). There is 0 transparency from the top down and employees are punished for not dedicating their life to the company. People have been "let go" on the spot for announcing a 2 week notice (which is a courtesy from the employee I might add). That should speak volumes. Senior management is openly hostile and display their inexperience at every challenge.

They tout a great culture, but that's more a product of the teams and definitely not coming from the top down.

"So much potential little cares for it's people"

Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - N/A in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people, flexible schedule, decent perks, free food, pet-friendly office, matching 401k, fun events, clean office

Cons

CEO doesn't care about his own Employees, women make less than men, little diversity, lots of turnover, disgruntled employees, mediocre health benefits,

Advice to Management

Do more than just "act" like you care, @CEO take care of your "unseen" heros in the office, remember we're a "people first" company not $$ first and people last, pay more attention to other department besides Sales! Practice what you preach, attend company functions, and for jesus sakes learn how to communicate.

SmartRecruiters Response

May 31, 2017 – Founder & CEO

I am sorry you feel this way and would encourage you to speak up as we'd love to hear how to improve as an organization.

As for the facts:
    - On pay equality, we actually have complete equality... More

"Great people, amazing opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SmartRecruiters is a growing startup that is filled with fun, talented people working to solve a very personal, important, and difficult problem: making software that connects people and jobs. The company is growing quickly, so there are opportunities for career growth within each role and freedom to move around the company if you want to try something new after a while.

Cons

Communication from leadership could be clearer. The company would benefit from a stronger leader in the young People/HR org. Most people at the company work very hard and make sacrifices for the company. If you're not the type of person who identifies with that, you might not be a good cultural fit.

Advice to Management

It's not clear all decisions are aligned around a clear strategy, so management should work on better communicating the company vision and strategy.

8. "We're going places!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great time to be at a company with a lot of potential. Recent movement of leadership is proving to be a positive thing. Smart people (ha ha) who are willing to help each other out...we're all working towards the same goal!

Cons

None! Slackers beware...this place isn't for you.

9. "Great People, Great Product, Great Customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Company mission is meaningful
    - People are smart and fun
    - Food, benefits and overall culture are great

Cons

None, I love it here.

Advice to Management

Startups are a grind, keep making it feel like we are on the ride together, and be sure to reward those who help get us to the next level.

10. "Business with a solid mission behind it"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

Company wants to make money but there is a larger cause behind it (at least for the CEO which trickles down some what to everybody). Great collaborative leadership team with high energy and potential. Amazing product. Truly disruptive compared to age old ATS (Taleo, iCIMS) for anyone who has suffered through those before. Good teams, fun place with lunches, and other team activities.

Cons

None that come to mind as such. High growth means a fast moving company, aggressive culture and a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Trust the team you have built so far to do their job. We got the ball and will deliver on this.