SmartRecruiters Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jerome Ternynck

Pros
  • Great collaborative leadership team with high energy and potential (in 6 reviews)

• And catered lunches 3x per week (in 5 reviews)

1. "We're going places!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great time to be at a company with a lot of potential. Recent movement of leadership is proving to be a positive thing. Smart people (ha ha) who are willing to help each other out...we're all working towards the same goal!

Cons

None! Slackers beware...this place isn't for you.

"Good place to work but has it's flaws"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

The product is amazing and we've hired a few awesome leaders recently who share the passion and are easy to work with.

Cons

There is a misconception that bringing in more People functions will somehow fix all the culture issues, but it's more about the leaders who contribute to it's negativity. There are a number of these people who are unfriendly and don't participate in the culture whatsoever. While they may be great at their core jobs, they're not great for team morale and employees are afraid to address it. Sadly, these people somehow get ahead despite their bad attitudes.

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to culture fits when hiring (a lot better later) and please address this with current leaders who need to work on it.

3. "Great People, Great Product, Great Customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Company mission is meaningful
    - People are smart and fun
    - Food, benefits and overall culture are great

Cons

None, I love it here.

Advice to Management

Startups are a grind, keep making it feel like we are on the ride together, and be sure to reward those who help get us to the next level.

5. "Great people, amazing opportunities"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SmartRecruiters is a growing startup that is filled with fun, talented people working to solve a very personal, important, and difficult problem: making software that connects people and jobs. The company is growing quickly, so there are opportunities for career growth within each role and freedom to move around the company if you want to try something new after a while.

Cons

Communication from leadership could be clearer. The company would benefit from a stronger leader in the young People/HR org. Most people at the company work very hard and make sacrifices for the company. If you're not the type of person who identifies with that, you might not be a good cultural fit.

Advice to Management

It's not clear all decisions are aligned around a clear strategy, so management should work on better communicating the company vision and strategy.

6. "Business with a solid mission behind it"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

Company wants to make money but there is a larger cause behind it (at least for the CEO which trickles down some what to everybody). Great collaborative leadership team with high energy and potential. Amazing product. Truly disruptive compared to age old ATS (Taleo, iCIMS) for anyone who has suffered through those before. Good teams, fun place with lunches, and other team activities.

Cons

None that come to mind as such. High growth means a fast moving company, aggressive culture and a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Trust the team you have built so far to do their job. We got the ball and will deliver on this.

7. "Great Company, Great People, Exciting Future"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- great CEO and vision. He's a long time industry insider but has an innovative, disruptive vision.
    - strong leadership team. A number of recent leadership hires have rounded out the exec team.
    - great culture - fun, lots of transparency, commitment to customers, passionate about the mission, collaborative
    - product - very good, not perfect (what is), well designed, elegant, easy to use and configure. Customers loves it.
    - people - v. smart and motivated team. Good mix of more and less experienced people from inside and outside HR tech.
    - momentum - acquiring more and more F500 - F1000 customers, growth in EMEA

Cons

Many of the usual start-up things.
    - Less mature processes and procedures, who does what, when and how, can create inefficiencies.
    - Team is growing quickly, so lots of new people to onboard and ramp, process for onboarding at the department level could be better.
    - Fast pace of change, which is to be expected.
    - Office is cold sometimes :)

Advice to Management

Try and strike a balance between moving quickly and establishing standard processes.

Continue to be transparent about our problem areas and share how we're addressing them.

8. "Exciting, mature company"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SmartRecruiters is at what I think of as the perfect intersection between startup and big company.

It is stable, with experienced leadership, but not so large and political that work feels stale.

Most importantly, we're doing something big. Changing the way some of the world's biggest, most successful, and most exciting organizations hire. We're also helping hundreds of thousands of people get jobs. It's a big, fun mission!

Cons

We're small, growing fast, and things change quickly. It can be tough to keep up at times.

We had some heavy turnover a year or so ago, some of the sales team is new. However, the new management feels more experienced.

Advice to Management

Focus on hiring great management. The product is solid and we have money in the bank, so keep bringing in the best team from the top down.

9. "Poised for Greatness"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

- Strong and experienced leadership that has done it before.
    - Industry leading product that has serious traction in the enterprise.
    - It's fun replacing old and outdated systems that make people's lives hard (ATS).
    - Engaged and intelligent co-workers.
    - There's always something to look forward to (SmartRecruiters Olympics, happy hours, new office!, cool deals closing).

Cons

- Growth can be bewildering. If you're used to working at a glacial pace, this place probably isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the pace of positive change. The company is on the right track and poised to do some big things in 2017.

"Subpar"

I have been working at SmartRecruiters full-time

Pros

A few of the people are fine. There is lunch provided monday, wednesday, friday.

Cons

Everyone thinks they are exceptional at what they do, but are actually subpar at best. This permeates the company from top down.

It is a rather sad place actually.

Advice to Management

Don't be as pompous as you are. Everyone could really benefit from taking a look in the mirror and not pointing fingers when things go wrong.

Have more company building events as there is very little to no company morale. 1-hour town halls listening to executives drone on is not a way to unit the company.

SmartRecruiters Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Founder & CEO

Thanks for the feedback. Would love to discuss how we can make things better. You up for it?

"Whoever titles a review 'Quit Crying w/ 5 Stars' obviously shows a red flag"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SmartRecruiters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Seriously... look elsewhere people. This company isn't even worth the 4star review.

Cons

Laughable. All of these 5 Star reviews are so bad.

Advice to Management

Stop making your internal employees submit positive reviews!!