KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Smarte Carte

Engaged Employer

Smarte Carte

Add a Review

Smarte Carte Employee Reviews about "airport"

Updated Oct 6, 2020

Found 1 of over 54 reviews

3.7
Smarte Carte Chief Executive Officer and President Edward Rudis (no image)
Edward Rudis

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "But we can't apply for Obama care because our employer offers these awful benefits.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Some Management doesn't really care about customer service and helping passangers unless it has to do with our carts and it seems to ripple throughout the company.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Lack of leadership from H.O. This only applies to Canadian Operation though real lack of direction and poor comminication(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "airport"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Just another company that could use some improvements

Jul 1, 2014 - Smarte Carte Attendant in Alexandria, VA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

The hours were not that bad for me because I was working on the weekends. I had a 10 hr shift, so the with $8 hourly pay, it added up to pretty good amount if your're looking for cash in a part-time job. My manager wasn't there on the weekend due to travel problems, so as long as I did my "sweeps", changed the batteries, and clean the machines, everything would be fine. My manager even said I could work while listening to my mp3 player. Anyone could get this job as long as your don't have a history with theft.

Cons

The company mostly care for making money like any other company. Every time I look at someone getting a 'carte', I would see the un-happy look on their face because the price of the cartes were $4 unless there were with a group. My office a total mess full of boxes. I was mainly hired because I had a drivers license to drive the 'cushman'. Some of the employees at the airport would sometimes give me a look like I don't don't belong there; it was probably because they usually take the cartes the customer was done with and then use it to get a quarter (25 cents) from the machine. My task included doing my Morning sweep (finding cartes and putting them back in the correct dispensers), changing the batteries (they weighted about 50 lbs), cleaning the assigned machines with some type of solution, and do my Evening sweep before I leave. The sweeps, batteries, and cleaning combined took about 5 - 6 hrs to do. So I had about 4 - 5 hrs of free time before my evening sweep. NOPE. NO such thing as Free Time while on the clock. They wanted me to do a sweep of 4 - 5 hours. Did I forget to mention I only got 30 minute lunch break each day. I know some people have it worse than me but they could have at least made it an 45 min to an 1 hour.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 1 of 1 English Reviews