Smartek Consultancy Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Al Lalji

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Challenging projects with potential to learn new technologies and products (in 5 reviews)

• Good place to learn internal politics (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No job security at all, they are famous in giving pink slips to employees irrespective of number of years you stay with them (in 3 reviews)

• The HR Team will loose their cool if you choose to keep doing your work instead of getting involved in the Fun Activity that they have planned (in 3 reviews)

1. "Why I love my work at SmarTek Consultancy..."

I have been working at Smartek Consultancy Services full-time

Pros

I have no idea how the show was handled earlier. But this is what I witnessed as of today with new leadership team headed by Sreedhar Narla (Executive, India Head).

1. Freedom to express - Like every other well established, employee oriented companies, management at SmarTek have open doors to any suggestions or concerns and do not stop there until they provide a response to those queries.

2. Work relevance - The work that is currently assigned is completely in-line with my area of expertise and hence I am able to contribute to the projects with maximum capacity and also leverage the project cost, quality and schedule.

3. Focus on employee's work environment - The HR team had been doing great job in helping employees to relieve their stress and create positive reinforcement by means of sending daily motivational quotes, Monday morning brain teasers, Sports activities, Training sessions (technical and personal development), Daily health tips and so on.

4. Emphasis on employee work/life balance - The policies have been carefully drafted keeping employees in mind. Employees can work from home but upon manager's discretion, which I believe is the only way to put check on misusing the benefits. Employees are also allowed to report on duty at flexible hours if there are no commitments missed.

Cons

The existing environment is very good. We would like to have more opportunities internally, so we might have options to rotate jobs.

Advice to Management

Small or Big, let's get more bookings.

"Mistake"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Smartek Consultancy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Timely Salary
    Satisfactory 401k Plan.
    Ok-Ok work culture.

Cons

too much politics
    Everybody think they are boss.
    the result is huge difference between promise and fulfill.
    Everybody is working to save job, not for work.

Advice to Management

Know your commitments
    No company can progress until their last employee is satisfies.
    Do not believe in middle management, they are not projecting right picture..

"good consultancy firm that cares about it's employees"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Smartek Consultancy Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good people, minimal oversight while at client

Cons

pto policy is a bit lean

4. "Good Organization to start your career with"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

Pros

Learning, Training and Live Projects

Cons

Vision towards growth and clarity on the career path

"I feel fresh and energetic working here, Everyday!"

I have been working at Smartek Consultancy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great folks around, new technologies to learn, so many fun events.
    Management is reachable, feedback and ideas are considered.

Cons

Need to work on more transparency, may be by making more interactive portals.

6. "Lost of 8 ethical smart leaders"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Smartek Consultancy Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company gave good opportunities..... hired great 8 leadesr in past 1.5 yrs

Cons

...........but does not nurture, respect, value its leaders, talented employees. Lost them in 1 yr !!! shame....what picture of insecurity you are leaving in front of us !

Advice to Management

We lost 8 great leaders ....and you did nothing about it ???? we want the old mgmnt ! i hope you all know whom are we talking about..the true humanistic leader who understood how to run a company with a empathy quotient !

7. "Job Insecured, But work -life balance is excellent"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chennai (India)

I worked at Smartek Consultancy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work -life balance is excellent

Cons

Job Insecured, Too much politics

Advice to Management

Maintain transparency
    Provide job security to employees

8. "Supportive, Respectful, Creative & Fun @ SmarTek."

Current Employee - Director in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Director in Pune (India)

I have been working at Smartek Consultancy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company is getting bigger, they care about their employees, work with fun, The company has given the freedom to generate ideas which will contribute to the success of you and company as well. they treat you with respect and decent benefits. the company is big on professional growth for team members, fantastic workplace culture.

Cons

nothing till date. but will update if any.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the right people and empowering them to make meaningful change in the company.

9. "A great place to grow as a professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Pros

I had spent my entire career at MNCs and when the opportunity came my way to join SmarTek21, I was a bit circumspect. Still the interaction I had with the leadership during my interviews convinced me to join the organization. Having spent a few months, here are my thoughts:
    1. Leadership: The new leadership at SmarTek21 is highly ambitious. They are aggressive but at the same time there are cool and experienced heads who understand the industry very well.
    2. Culture: The culture here is like a start-up, though the organization is 10 yrs old. The emphasis is on quality work and policies are employee-friendly. The leadership is easily approachable and such dialog is encouraged.
    3. People: The people are polite and helpful. It didn't take me long to mingle, people made me feel 'at home' right from the day 1.
    4. Fun at Work: Here are some really hard-working HRs and from time to time, they organize fun activities that help the employees refresh. Some sessions on social responsibilities are also arranged for employees to understand their responsibilities outside of work.

Overall, it has been a pleasant experience for me so far and I wish to continue and grow as a professional with SmarTek21.

Cons

None have been experienced yet.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the revival and continue with the transparency towards employees.

10. "Amazing company to work, very liberal and positive people who know what they are talking about"

Former Employee - Technology Lead in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Technology Lead in Pune (India)

I worked at Smartek Consultancy Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had the opportunity to work with some of the best engineers around. I'm proud of the work we did, I'm proud of the impact that we were able to make.
    The management here is not just someone who manages employees but they also understand Technology to the very core. They are able to help the Team with any major obstacles that the Team faces.
    There is perfect Work Life balance at SmarTek. I've never found myself or anyone else that I've worked with working for long agonizing hours.
    There is no micro management here. You are given a goal / objective and you can achieve it in any possible way that you want.
    Senior Management is very open to new ideas and your ideas do get implemented. They are also very transparent. If there is something about you that is not working, they will inform you about it and request you to take corrective action accordingly.
    There are fun activities that happen every other week on Fridays. The entire workforce gets involved and have a really good time. The HR Team does a really good job at maintaining employee engagement.

Cons

The HR Team will loose their cool if you choose to keep doing your work instead of getting involved in the Fun Activity that they have planned. So, if you are not the social type, you may want to watch out for this particular aspect.
    Otherwise, everything else is cool!

Advice to Management

I think before diving deep into product development, a thorough market research is something that needs to be done. Investing time and labor into something that is already there is the market is no good. Emphasis needs to be given on what is something out there that we can do even better. I think this is something that is slightly missing.