Smartek21 Reviews | Glassdoor

Al Lalji

1. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been here for 3.5 years and it's been a great experience. The HR group and the Recruiters are top-notch professionals. Anytime I've had an issue that requires attention, it's generally been resolved quickly. I've been with a few companies that handle Software Consulting/Contracting and these people are up there with the best.

Cons

I don't really have too much negative to say. Generally they've been able to handle my situations more than satisfactorily.

2. "Working at SmarTek21"

Current Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people of course! Knowledgeable, helpful and focused on customers first.
    An evolving management seeking to engage the broader organization more and communicate activities.
    Management looking to drive the company forward and develop capabilities which generates opportunities for employees.

Cons

Always room for more communication and recognition.

Advice to Management

Do more of what you do well, even when you don't necessarily see the need.

3. "Worst company to work for"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Smartek21 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary is paid on time
    Benefits are decent

Cons

Poor executive team which keeps changing every few months. There is too much instability in the company as every few months things keep changing. The CEO shows up once in a while at the all-hands meeting, walks the team through the same PPT that is being used for the last couple of years. No questions/concerns are addressed genuinely. None of my co-workers are still around in the company, they have either been fired or they have quit. You have to time and again prove your loyalty to the CEO by different ways and means. If you don't suck it up, you might be fired with no notice. NOTE: Loyalty works one way here - You are supposed to be loyal to the company. The company will not be loyal to you. :)

Advice to Management

Change your thought process if you want the company to survive at least till end of next year

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Smartek21 (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are helpful when you have a problem

Cons

The management team is very disorganized and often does not know how to solve the customer problems.

6. "Missing SmarTek21"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Smartek21 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is one company that provided a very happy working environment. I left SmarTek21 due to family issues. I wish I could continue to stay with SmarTek21. I have worked with many large and small companies but SmarTek21 by far out beats all of those companies. It truly is a company that I could call being as my company, the work place is very friendly, people treated each other with respect and the new management is amazing. I truly miss being part of SmarTek21 team. Hopefully when things get better for me with my family I can come back and work for SmarTek21.
    Hats off to the CEO and the Executive team for staying together and making things happen even when things were not going so well with project expansion and other issues with few employees that let greed and power come in their way. I am amazed to see such strong people at SmarTek21 with so much positive attitude and believe in the company and the CEO. Keep up the great work and you will see yourself go to many heights and I hope to be part of it one day.

Cons

None. Keep doing what you are doing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Recognizes Talent"

Pros

I’ve been with SmarTek21 for the past 3.5 years and have had the opportunity to work with the CEO and his leadership team. I have had excellent opportunity for growth. My perspective is that the management will appreciate talent and is willing to go the extra mile to support the employees. I believe the result of a good work is more work and this company is supporting me tremendously in driving towards my goal.

Cons

I see none at this time.

"Inexperienced recruiters"

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer

I worked at Smartek21 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiters know how to send and receive email, at least from what I can tell.

Cons

That's about all they seem to know in my experience and opinion.

Advice to Management

Hire someone somewhat competent for a relatively simple position.

9. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Smartek21 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

So thankful to work for this company! Wonderful people, very friendly atmosphere! Salary and benefits are great! lots of opportunity for growth. this company has good work/ life balance for sure! I enjoy working here and would recommend it to my friends!

Cons

Very satisfied with this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing great work in this company!

10. "Can't find company like SmarTek21 anywhere else"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked with many big and small companies and being at SmarTek21 was the best move I could have made for myself and my family. I have been with this company for last three plus years and love this company. This company treats you like their own family. CEO is very hard working and passionate about for the company and its growth. The new Sales leader David has really come alongside with the same passion and love as the CEO and their vision to take the company to next heights is not far from being success. In the product space and additional Sales space the new addition Andy brings a lot of expertise and pure enthusiasm is an amazing sight to see and experience. All employees see the new curve with the company and are happy with the direction it is going even with all the minor setbacks the company has had in last few months. I am a long term loyal fan of this company purely because of the way they treat their employees and their future vision. Operations, Finance, Recruiting and HR is are on top of things and go above an beyond their duty--I love the small group of people. Sales team and business development has stepped up with their share of work. Delivery and Engagement is a lot more engaged and in synch with project alignments and its delivery. The shift with having the right skills and right employee commitment has been a great path for both US and India offices. I am glad to be part of this growing company and can't wait to see the future successes and growth in new Clients and additional employees and leaders in the company. I am here to stay with SmarTek21 for long term--NO DOUBT AT ALL!!!

Cons

There were cons related to lack of management presence and commitment as well as having many people that were not performing to the par and took things for granted verses stepping up their game but things are shifting now and this con is being worked by the management.
    We need more effective leaders in the future hence be very careful on bringing the right next leaders for US and India offices.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the positive direction and the positive believe with the right leaders to support and work with the CEO. The CEO is a visionary, an entrepreneur , person of passion and care and will take this company to next heights even with all the shifts--under his umbrella of guidance I see SmarTek21 making it big and even going public. Can't wait to see the growth of the company and be part of this growth. Keep up the great work guys and don't let anyone come in the way of your vision and working as a team--you all rock it by being together on the same vision and growth.

"Administration"

I have been working at Smartek21 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been at SmarTek21 over 5 years and have never ever regretted it. It is an awesome company to work for and very family oriented. I have been allowed to grow in my role and feel that i am heard not only by my manager but the executive team. The CEO is very family oriented, passionate and caring. I love coming to work everyday and i am looking forward to an awesome future with SmarTek21.

Cons

i really don't have any.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what your doing to move forward and prepare for an awesome 2016.