Found 139 of over 148 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You are surrounded by a lot of smart people, who are also great people to grab a beer with after hours." (in 20 reviews)
- "Great people and culture." (in 15 reviews)
- "Management is great." (in 9 reviews)
- "Great team and vibe in the European offices" (in 8 reviews)
- "Great colleagues who support you and a company that actually cares about its employees" (in 8 reviews)
- "Disorganized internal communication on growth/sales initiatives" (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Smartling and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Oct 28, 2023Engineering DirectorFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
Good people and a good product to work on
Company can't seem to become the go-to company for localization needsSmartling Response2w
Thanks for your review! Check-in with us to find recent updates on the "go-to company for localization" ;) -HR Team
- 5.0Jun 26, 2023Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Very supportive work environment, incredibly smart people and an amazing product.
Career progression is not clearly defined.
- 5.0Jun 22, 2023Chief Revenue OfficerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Massive $40B target addressable market... with a great customer base World-class unified SaaS product with great uptime 99.99% and engineering team Great group of people to work with! Excellent place if you are starting your career and want to contribute on day 1!
I cannot think of any negatives1Smartling Response6mo
Thanks for your feedback 💜 Cannot agree more! -HR Team
- 5.0May 3, 2023Sales Development Representative (SDR)Current Employee
Remote working is flexible. Company is trending in the right direction.
Remote has its cons of being tedious.Smartling Response6mo
Thank you for the feedback! - HR Team
- 5.0May 2, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
This is a fantastic place to work and I think some of the changes that have been made in the last few years have had a terrific impact on the company and morale of employees. A few standouts - - Leadership is listening: 2 years ago there were a few major cons of working at Smartling that were voiced often, many of these have been heard & actioned (ie - 401k match). Smartling senior leadership is very accessible and open to teach and help support learning & career development across the board. Monthly company all-hands are transparent and spotlight work going on across the company others many not be aware of. It is truly an enjoyable work environment and I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that all feedback is truly taken into consideration. - Flexibility: Smartling's flexibility goes beyond just work from home - they are willing to accommodate and support employees globally as long as people are getting their work done and are not becoming an issue for their team's workflow. - Outlook: The recent leadership hires made in the last year have proved the company is moving in a good direction - no other companies in the space will be competitive in the next few years with the work that is currently being done.
- Minimal opportunity to engage with other teams - it can be difficult to get the opportunity to interact and bond with people cross-functionally, meetings often get right to the point and don't give a ton of room for socializing - Teams are stretched pretty thin - Smartling has not done layoffs, but has been slow to hire outside of leadership roles - with new projects and product updates rolling out there is a lot of (exciting! but) work that is expected to be executed quickly. - Would be nice to have a clearer understanding of how to progress / get promotedSmartling Response6mo
Thanks for finding the time to share such a detailed overview. We love the feedback here! Please reach out to the Head of HR to discuss your career progression. - HR Team
- 5.0Mar 10, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Smartling is a great company to work at and everyone is so easy to work with!
I can't think of any.Smartling Response6mo
Thanks for sharing! - HR Team
- 5.0Mar 8, 2023Technical Support RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Good pay/benefits. Unlimited PTO! - Great team and supervisors. - Future outlook is positive. - Management trusts you to perform and do your work without micromanaging you. - The work I do makes a difference in the world.
- Nothing major to report!1Smartling Response6mo
Thanks for your feedback. Our Tech Support team rocks! 💜 - HR Team
- 5.0Mar 7, 2023Team Lead, Sales DevelopmentCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearTemecula, CA
I have been working at Smartling for over a year now and I can confidently say that it has been a great experience overall. Smartling's rapid growth in the translation and localization industry has provided me with invaluable opportunities to learn and grow professionally. The company has a highly collaborative culture, where colleagues are supportive, and management is committed to helping employees achieve their targets. Additionally, Smartling's ambitious long-term goals are both exciting and meaningful.
With growth, things can tend to move very quickly, and it can be easy to get overwhelmed. However, I have always felt support from management and my team which has allowed me to keep up and thrive. The management team is open to feedback and suggestions, and they work hard to make sure that everyone's voices are heard.1Smartling Response9mo
Thank you so much for your feedback! 💜 -HR team
- 5.0Feb 19, 2023Business Development Representative (BDR)Current Employee, less than 1 yearBend, OR
The biggest thing that has stood out to me since joining Smartling is how welcoming and friendly everybody is! I just began my training as a BDR this week and I have already been contacted by everybody within my team, created strong connections with team leads, and even had introductory zoom calls with higher ups such as CRO, Tim Kirby and CEO, Bryan Murphy. The vast majority of companies would not have people with as busy schedules as them, reach out to somebody just starting out like myself. Let alone sit down for a zoom meeting to answer any questions one might have. I have also enjoyed working with my boss, Grace Feeney. She is a global manager here at Smartling. She lives in Dublin, so she is 8 hours ahead of me but still takes the time to meet with me and another trainee until 9 PM her time. She’s been super hands on and made starting this new role really exciting. I’d recommend Smartling to anybody.
Smartling is great, can’t think of any so far.1Smartling Response9mo
Thanks for your feedback 💜 We are super excited you joined the team! -HR team
- 5.0Oct 5, 2022Business Development Representative (BDR)Current Employee, less than 1 year
Fast growing company, has a clear seat at the table in translation management world and is here to stay, fun company culture, flexible with WFH and unlimited PTO.
Fully remote can be difficult.Smartling Response2y
Thanks for your feedback! 💜 -HR Team
Smartling Reviews FAQs
Smartling has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 148 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Smartling to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
84% of Smartling employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Smartling 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.