Smartsheet Reviews

Updated May 20, 2020

4.2
Smartsheet CEO Mark Mader
Mark Mader
Pros
  • "Work life balance is also something that the company really promotes and lives by(in 21 reviews)

• "Great product that every employee uses and loves themselves(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • "mediocre base salary, low bonuses, no 401k match)(in 17 reviews)

• "Expected growing pains for a company this size but definitely making moves to adopt the right processes(in 12 reviews)

1. "Incredible company"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smartsheet truly cares about their employees and their customers, and their response to COVID proves it over and over again. The culture is amazing - everyone is genuinely positive, supportive and enthusiastic. People love their jobs, believe in the products and in their leadership. The benefits are also incredible.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything.

Smartsheet2020-05-20
  2. "Great company, great values, amazing people!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Thorough on-boarding experience - Strong internal support network and documented work processes - Exemplify core values - Transparent management

Cons

- Job description could have used some work - not totally match job nuances since so many departments exist and overlap - Really rigorous on-boarding process

Smartsheet2020-05-13

"One year experience"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome coworkers, good senior management, great bonus!! Supportive company, especially during tough times. Senior leadership for the department has made great change and looking forward to the future! Appreciative of the director and senior managers thinking of fun and creative ways to keep the team morale high.

Cons

Work from home privileges rescinded.

Smartsheet2020-03-30

Smartsheet Response

March 31, 2020Chief People & Culture Officer

I’m so glad to hear that you’re feeling supported during this difficult time. As I’ve shared with our team, the empathy, support, and drive I’ve seen over the last few weeks has made me so proud. Regarding your comment on “work from home privileges being rescinded,” it’s my understanding that you’re referring to standard operations vs. our current response to COVID-19 (all Smartsheet offices are currently closed and all work streams have been moved to work from home). You can expect to hear more about flexible work. If we can make remote work successful with all of these extra pressures, we can certainly make it work even better in the future! -- Kara Hamilton, Chief People & Culture Officer

"Leadership has it right!"

Current Employee - Customer Technical Support in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ever since I started, the customer experience has been the focus. All of leadership is on the same page, and are able to guide us in the same direction. The support we receive from all levels makes all the difference. Leadership pays attention to who works hard, and ensures the customer is getting the best experience they can and rewards their employees for going above and beyond. Often times the Senior Director will engage with us and provide us with how Smartsheet is working to improve the customer experience. I've never experienced the amount of investment leadership puts into their team, with a merit increase, bonus, and stock options it's hard to not to want to come to work everyday.

Cons

Bring NYE back as a holiday.

Smartsheet2020-03-27

"Great team atmosphere"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for less than a year

Pros

- My team has put in the extra effort to get to know me and help me get up to speed despite onboarding a week before COVID-19 took us to work from home. - Everyone wants to help you succeed. - Top level leadership still wants to meet all the new hires despite being such a large company. They set aside time in their busy schedules to meet new hires and express their vision for Smartsheet.

Cons

- Smartsheet doesn't pay for cell phone plans for employees that are required to travel for work. - Smartsheet isn't starting their 401k matching program until April 2020. I'm not sure why they didn't have one before.

Smartsheet2020-03-25
  6. "great"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, hypergrowth, fantastic leadership

Cons

growth can create uncertainty, but that's also an opportunity

Smartsheet2020-03-08

"Great Company With Tons of Growth Potential"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone at the company is very customer focused and motivated to make an impact in the lives of our customers - something that is pretty rare around companies these days. Most people around the company are also eager to help colleagues grow and succeed, and with the rapid growth the company is having, there are many career advancement opportunities for top performers. Free snacks and transportation stipend are also big perks!

Cons

With the rapid growth at Smartsheet, there is room for process improvements throughout the company. Management could be more open to heeding feedback on these processes from employees that are doing the job that these processes are supposed to support. No 401k match at the moment is a disadvantage compared to other software companies around the area.

Smartsheet2020-02-23
  8. "Growing, good people, good opportunity for success"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers who are open to your ideas, ambition and allow you to challenge their ideas for a better outcome. Communication and strategies throughout the year from the top down to help you hit your quota and exceed it. A sales floor that is fun and a director that is very supportive and encourages contests. Quarterly grub hub meals. Other organizations push fear when it comes to sales. A few sales reps are starting to get promoted from within which is valuable to not only retain reps and offer upward mobility but to share tribal knowledge and best practices to win business. They allow sr. reps to transition to strat roles as well.

Cons

No Christmas party. We don't have work from home culture yet. I'd like to see our CSM role go onsite with our customers more frequently and be measured on training and enablement activities. More women in leadership roles is a good goal for Smartsheet as we continue to hire more CDMs in Bellevue, Boston, and Au.

Smartsheet2020-02-03

"Great company to work for"

4.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Automation Senior Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Smartsheet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smartsheet has really awesome benefits and great company perks. It's a cool company culture and most employees genuinely seem to love working there.

Cons

As it is a rapidly growing company, there seems to be a decent amount of churn and not a lot of support or patience for employees who may be struggling.

Smartsheet2020-02-04
  10. "Excellent culture with technology that makes an impact on companies."

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

Very strong culture, leadership is transparent, and reps are set up for success

Cons

As with any company that has scaled as quickly as Smartsheet, there are some growing pains that we are dealing with.

Smartsheet2020-01-17