Smartsheet Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Smartsheet CEO Mark Mader
Mark Mader

Pros
  • Work life balance is also something that the company really promotes and lives by (in 14 reviews)

• Couple this with a wonderful work environment, challenging roles and fabulous teammates, this is a very special place to work (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing quickly so you need to respond well to change (in 5 reviews)

• There are no cons about Smartsheet (in 4 reviews)

"Smartsheet is going big places"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Face paced business, always new and exciting. Company is growing like crazy.

Cons

Many tech companies have generous work from home polices, Smartsheet very much requires you to be at the office.

Advice to Management

CSM corporate needs some leadership training.

2. "A truly great place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Software Development Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Software Development Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent culture
    Great compensation and benefits
    Excellent work-life balance
    Huge company growth potential
    Unique product creating a new market

Cons

Startup to mid-size company growth pains

"Amazing growth and incredible opportunity"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product is amazing and the customers love it. The business is well managed and financially sound. The market opportunity is HUGE and the company's vision on how to serve it is well defined. Lastly, the growth rate is accelerating at a dramatic rate both in terms of hiring as well as overall revenue trajectory.

The Smartsheet platform can provide material value to any functional area of a business and it is a lot of fun to engage these different groups to help improve their effectiveness. That there are so many different ways we can support a customer is a part of the growth potential that exists here. This experience offers an amazing platform for sales people to build their knowledge, skills, and ultimately their careers as they move through Smartsheet or beyond.

The company is clear in how it defines it's core values and the hiring reflects those values. This place is full of bright, creative, and authentic people who are committed to developing themselves and growing the business. Collaboration is core to the product and it is also in the DNA of teams as well.

If you are looking to surround yourself with great people that can challenge you, represent a product you can stand behind, and give yourself a platform to grow your career, Smartsheet should be on your short list.

Cons

When a company is growing as quickly as Smartsheet is, it can be difficult to ensure they systems and processes are scaling quickly enough to properly support that growth. This is to be expected in this type of environment but when you run into these issues, it can be painful. The company and the leadership team are quick to try and resolve the issues but it can be frustrating for sales people who have come from more mature selling environments where these problems may already have been addressed and they haven't had to live through them.

Unforeseen (or maybe foreseen but not prioritized) challenges are a reality of this type of growth and while I list these as cons, it would be unrealistic to expect there to be none. When considering what Smartsheet is trying to do from a growth perspective, these can be easily overlooked.

Lastly, because the product serves so many markets and potential buyers, there is no clear playbook on how to be successful. Most companies usually have an offering that solves a very specific problem, for a specific audience, and offers a specific value prop. For Smartsheet, all of those elements can vary wildly between customer engagements. While that makes the selling environment mentally stimulating, it also makes it harder than in other companies. Smart, curious, creative, and hardworking people will thrive here. People looking for an easy place to land will be miserable and I would encourage them to continue looking elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Continue investments in the core product to ensure client satisfaction remains high. You are doing a great job here and should keep it up! Beyond this, the business needs to be tuned for speed to support the growing direct sales team. Every cycle that is spent on internal processes is one that can't be spent with a prospect or customer generating revenue. At the scale we are operating, that is very costly in terms of wages as well as potential lost revenue. Also, consider formally investing in a leadership development program to help groom the next generation of managers to support our growing team.

4. "Great place to be so far!"

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smartsheet has a really great product set, and customers/prospects are more than willing to speak with us. Training is was very fast paced but also purposeful and very thorough. I'd highly recommend considering Smartsheet as a company to sell for.

Cons

Smartsheet is growing at a very rapid pace. Many companies struggle to uphold standards with this pace of growth. If you are not willing to work very hard to get better each day then this is not a good place for you.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep attracting top talent to Seattle, Boston, and beyond!

"Amazing company culture with true appreciate of the Customer Experience"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Couldn't ask for a better group of individuals to work with. They are all truly passionate about their customers and the product.
    -Very transparent culture from individual contributors up to the executive team
    -Culture supports innovative thinking that enables you to explore your creative side
    -Great work life balance.

Cons

-The company is growing so with that comes some pains that requires flexibility
    -You have to be able to look at scale and balance how to deliver high quality and customer love to millions of users at the same time. If this doesn't excite you, I wouldn't recommend Smartsheet for you.

6. "Lucky to be Here"

Current Employee - Finance Professional in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Finance Professional in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smartsheet is shaping the future of collaborative work. We have a great product and big opportunity. Couple this with a wonderful work environment, challenging roles and fabulous teammates, this is a very special place to work.

Cons

In my experience, there are none worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

You regularly seek out feedback from all employees and set the tone for an open, collaborative and customer-focused culture. Keep living our values.

7. "Client Development Manager"

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Smartsheet (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a new employee at SmartSheet and everything has been rock solid top to bottom. Management is thoughtful, strategic and very open about company direction and expectations of employees. The product is adored by customers and the capabilities and add ons make selling a lot of fun here. The growth happening is an extremely unique opportunity and the company culture is invigorating. It's not often that you look forward going to work on a Monday but I can say with full transparency that I enjoy coming to work with my colleagues day in and day out. We are currently in a WeWork Space right by South Station but we are moving into a permanent space in April right around the corner. If you are a driven, bright and motivated salesperson, you are most likely, a fantastic fit for this organization.

Cons

There is a lot of information being thrown at you all of the time but if you enjoy that type of speed, this is your spot.

"Client Development Manager"

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company, Culture, Vision, Product, People and Benefits. This company has surpassed my expectations. From the beginning stages of the interview process, to the culture. This company invests in its people, values employee feedback and is growing like crazy. It is an awesome place to be.

Cons

None at this moment. My experience has truly been a positive one. This is definitely a company that wants to do things right.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! As a new hire, this place exudes excitement. It's been an awesome experience thus far, I am looking forward to the year ahead!

9. "Commercial Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

work/life balance, culture, opportunity for growth, and passion of the executive team. I feel like I'm part of something bigger than our product. People truly love the product and company, but we're having such a massive impact across the world.

Cons

No cons at the moment

"Customer Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong leadership. A culture that instills a high level of respect for customers and co-workers. Little/no internal politics. Great product. Customers that LOVE the product. Constant focus on innovation. Appreciation for great ideas regardless of where they come from.

Cons

Growing really fast which comes with challenges. Need for improved internal cross department communication related to changes impacting other teams.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on innovation. Keep listening and seeking advice from all employees (especially the frontline). Keep investing in scaleable infrastructure for the product because I don't see growth slowing anytime soon.