Smartsheet Reviews | Glassdoor

Smartsheet CEO Mark Mader
Mark Mader

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The company is growing so with that comes some pains that requires flexibility (in 7 reviews)

• The company is growing very quickly, which has caused some growing pains (in 4 reviews)

1. "Top-notch company"

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The engineering culture is fantastic. Developers get best in class tools, flexible hours, and amazing mentoring (if needed). Build tools are constantly improving, and kitchens are well stocked.

There is a separate team for operations and support. I think this is a big plus since as a dev you get to focus 100% on design and coding aspects which is hard when you have a dev-ops culture.

Most of the tech companies these days seem to be embracing an unnecessarily combative tech culture where it seems everyone is out there to get you and prove that they are smarter/better, especially when their superiors are around. In that respect, Smartsheet feels like paradise, folks are typically friendly, compassionate and respectful. The executive management and some of the old time engineers have done a good job of maintaining that culture. Kudos to QA team which sets a high bar on team culture

Dev leads are friendly and are very approachable. Dev managers still get to code at Smartsheet which is a plus since this enables them to be very empathetic.

Cons

Seriously can't think of any

Advice to Management

It seems some of the folks in engineering middle management seems to be highly opinionated and unnecessarily poking into the business of UX and Product managements. Best to rein in this behavior before it becomes a problem

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

Great Company culture and product

Cons

Work life balance is not a priority to management

"Excellent Product, Elite Team."

Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Client Development Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly innovative product that has the ability to change the way people work across every industry. Driven and highly effective team of people at every level and across every department. Extremely supportive and honest group of executive leaders. Refreshingly transparent and authentic culture. And we're just getting warmed up!

Cons

Rapid pace of growth and change can be stressful for some.

Advice to Management

Onward and upward!

"Great company, product, culture, and trajectory"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Feel truly valued as an employee.
    - Pay and benefits are excellent (unlimited sick time, 3 weeks PTO, Smartsheet fully covers monthly costs of health insurance)
    - Excellent leadership team that has built an outstanding team within the company
    - Upward mobility is clear and attainable

Cons

Few to speak of. Growing pains as you would expect, but leadership handles them adeptly.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are already doing.

5. "Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Customer Support Specialist in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Customer Support Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Smartsheet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting work environment, good opportunities to grow within the company, and a really great product.

Cons

The startup environment is exciting, but it also comes with growing pains.

"This train is moving FAST."

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My favorite thing about working at Smartsheet is how completely awesome the software is. It solves real problems that everyone can relate to and just makes sense. The changes coming out this year are crazy exciting for our customers and they prove that Smartsheet is leading the industry.

Besides that, I enjoy working with genuinely talented and smart people. Pretty much everyone is a master in their work and is constantly learning and innovating to keep up with demands from the industry. Smartsheet clearly hires the right individuals who can bring a lot of value to this company.

Cons

Nothing! There is a 5-word minimum so I guess that is what I'm writing here.

Advice to Management

Management and the CEO really listen to the customers and employees about change, what is needed, and make improvements to the tool literally daily. Keep up the fabulous work! And Bagel Fridays.... :)

"HANDS DOWN! The Best Company I've Ever Worked At"

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Constantly innovating and improving the customer experience
    -Fantastic product that people actually LOVE
    Co workers and other team members are smart, talented, diverse and genuinely happy to be there
    -Competitive benefits and perks
    -Work/Life balance
    -Most all of management and leadership members are open, receptive, approachable
    -Recognition for hard work and stand out employees is high and much appreciated!
    -People are always asking for ideas on how we can improve. Everything to the product to a department's process and everything in between.
    -I LOVE that we have women represented on our board of directors and senior leadership
    -The Bellevue office is in heart of downtown with complimentary parking, and includes a lot of walking options to food/shopping

Cons

-Constant innovation comes with a high rate of growth and change. Internal communications around processes, announcements and change could be improved.

Advice to Management

If I could give Mark Mader 5 thumbs up on Glassdoor, I absolutely would. He is a phenomenal leader, super smart and just a great all around guy. Keep doing what you are doing! Continue to strive for transparency within the company and work to improve internal communications so we can all keep up with the latest! There's nothing that I feel like I need to post on Glassdoor that I wouldn't recommend to senior leadership in person. That's how awesome our leaders are.

8. "Great Company"

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time

Pros

the company does care for their employees

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

9. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Smartsheet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product. Awesome CEO. Passionate customer base.

Cons

Growing quickly in a multi-floor workspace. Hard to stay connected with other departments.

"Great people, product, and work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Smartsheet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Support from management in role and career goals - I consistently feel heard
    - Surrounded by intelligent and creative people that motivate me every day
    - Great product that customers love and that is constantly improving
    - Work life balance!!

Cons

- Fast-paced environment where change happens often isn't for everyone
    - With the way our sales/customer success/and professional services team are structured, each customer can be passed through A LOT of Smartsheet reps. Sometimes there are too many "cooks in the kitchen" , which can be frustrating

Advice to Management

Keep working on alignment and internal communication. Things happen quickly and its easy for teams to get out of sync .