Cover image for Smartsheet

Found 615 of over 655 reviews

4.2
Smartsheet CEO Mark Mader
Mark Mader

What people are saying about Smartsheet

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are good(in 60 reviews)
  • "When I joined Smartsheet I felt SO much pride and appreciation to be a part of such a great company and culture.(in 56 reviews)
  • "The people are great and I love that we are a fast moving organization.(in 52 reviews)
  • "learned about good discovery from great leadership in one of my first few jobs in sales.(in 44 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance(in 29 reviews)
Cons
  • "No diversity in many different aspects includinig personality.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Smartsheet isn't starting their 401k matching program until April 2020.(in 6 reviews)
  • "No 401k match at the moment is a disadvantage compared to other software companies around the area.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Toxic work culture(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smartsheet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Supportive Work Environment

Jul 5, 2022 - Senior Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Team/Manager support is the best I've ever experienced. Expectations as a new hire are very reasonable. My team and manager are often asking what I need help with and offering that assistance. -Resources for days! There are so many options to look for an answer when I need it as opposed to having to bother a co-worker to always get answers. I like that I can be proactive in my learning and development. -Culture is truly inclusive (they are not just talking the talk). The DEI division is VERY active and supportive of all individuals. From bringing in guest speakers for educational purposes to simple safe-space internal calls to talk through the latest world issues, the company really supports it's employees on all levels. -They encourage employee growth from the beginning. If you're not getting satisfaction out of your current role, they want to help you find a place where you will thrive. And, even if that growth is outside of the company, they support you. -Compensation is very competitive.

Cons

There is a very high onboarding learning curve. LOTS of resources also means lots of new software to learn. Sometimes, it's not always clear what is the best resource to go to to get what you need.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Enterprise sales representative

Nov 29, 2022 - Enterprise Sales Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of tools to succeed

Cons

Tough learning curve starting out

3. Join the Smartsheet team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Unicorn company

Nov 14, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for this company. They put so much emphasis and care into the total well being of their employees.

Cons

It is a growing company and has a lot of internal resources to develop. Many of these internal resources are in process.

1 person found this review helpful

Smartsheet Response

I appreciate you taking the time to share your Smartsheet experience. I’m pleased to hear our holistic approach to employee wellbeing has had a positive impact during your time at Smartsheet! We always aim to create an environment that both supports employees to drive results, and empowers them to make the best decisions to care for themselves. I also appreciate your feedback regarding internal resources. Observations like yours help us learn and adapt as we grow. As you mentioned, we have made strategic investments to better enable our teams and will continue to invest in our teams to scale efficiently. Thank you again. – Mike Arntz, Chief Revenue Officer & Executive Vice President, Worldwide Field Operations.

5. 5.0

Excellent place to work!

Nov 13, 2022 - Senior Deal Desk Specialist in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great inclusive culture, good work-life balance, nice benefits including unlimited vacation.

Cons

Have no cons so far

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

I love working here

Nov 9, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM)
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture, the teams, the role is the right amount of challenging and fun

Cons

I have no cons at this time

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Nov 8, 2022 - Account Executve
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great product Customer's love Smartsheet Remote Work Great Culture Upward Mobility

Cons

Kind of a long learning curve for selling Finding information internally can be difficult Quite a variety of ways to be successful

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company moving at lightening speed

Nov 8, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Product is solid and one I am proud to sell. Company morale is terrific and communication is excellent. There was a poor personnel decision made over the summer and CEO owned it and apologized, I was impressed.

Cons

Moves at a very fast rate. Smartsheet is a huge platform and you are expected to master it very quickly.

Smartsheet Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I share your pride in Smartsheet! We’ve built an incredible product and with more than 200 enhancements launched this year, and more on the horizon, we’re not slowing down. Together, I look forward to finding new ways to deliver great experiences, higher scale, and better performance for our customers. One of the greatest benefits of Smartsheet is the ability to empower anyone to drive meaningful change. With that capability native to our platform, we have a plethora of use cases. I know it’s one of the challenges new hires face and why we invest heavily into our Sales Enablement function. As you know, taking accountability is one of our core competencies and something we actively put into practice. I’m proud to be part of an organization where employees and leadership listen to and learn from one another and I welcome the opportunity to discuss ideas you have to help improve our onboarding process. Please feel free to reach out to your manager, People Business Partner, or me anytime. Thank you for the role you play in helping Smartsheet create meaningful change. – Mike Arntz, Chief Revenue Officer & Executive Vice President, Worldwide Field Operations.

9. 5.0

I like it

Nov 7, 2022 - Software Engineer II in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great collaboration and work culture

Cons

No cons to speak of

10. 5.0

Great culture

Nov 4, 2022 - Customer Success Manager I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture in the CS department. Well structured organization. You can do really well if you show us as a leader.

Cons

Pay isn’t where I’d like it to be

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Taught me that I don’t like sales

Nov 16, 2022 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, willing to help you learn more about your role so you can succeed.

Cons

Won’t let you consider a different role within the company if one role isn’t working out.

Smartsheet Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. At Smartsheet, continuously learning and adapting is part of our DNA, and I’m happy to hear you felt supported as you deepened your knowledge as a Sales Development Representative (SDR). As a leadership team, we are committed to supporting the career development of everyone at Smartsheet and proactively identifying ways we can support employee growth – we’re looking forward to rolling out even more resources in FY24. Whether it’s deepening skills employees already have, or mapping out the next phase of their journey, we believe career development should be employee-led based on unique needs and motivations. It's with this philosophy that we’ve seen SDRs move into roles within People and Culture, Marketing, Customer Success, and more. I’m sorry to hear this wasn’t your experience at Smartsheet and I’d like to learn more. I encourage you to reach out to people@smartsheet.com to share more details about your experience. Thanks again for your feedback. – Mike Arntz, Chief Revenue Officer & Executive Vice President, Worldwide Field Operations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 615 Reviews
</>Embed

Smartsheet Reviews FAQs

Smartsheet has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 655 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Smartsheet to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Smartsheet employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Smartsheet. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

84% of Smartsheet employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Smartsheet 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Smartsheet to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Smartsheet Job Seekers