Cover image for Smartsheet

Smartsheet

Engaged Employer

Smartsheet

Add a Review

Smartsheet Employee Reviews about "great product"

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 102 of over 679 reviews

4.1
Smartsheet CEO Mark Mader
Mark Mader

What people are saying about Smartsheet

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Smartsheet? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Smartsheet employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits are great and keep getting better.(in 56 reviews)
  • "When I joined Smartsheet I felt SO much pride and appreciation to be a part of such a great company and culture.(in 56 reviews)
  • "The people are great and I love that we are a fast moving organization.(in 53 reviews)
  • "learned about good discovery from great leadership in one of my first few jobs in sales.(in 46 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance(in 30 reviews)
Cons
  • "No diversity in many different aspects includinig personality.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Smartsheet isn't starting their 401k matching program until April 2020.(in 7 reviews)
  • "No 401k match at the moment is a disadvantage compared to other software companies around the area.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Toxic work culture(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smartsheet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great product"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, product, and work environment

Feb 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Support from management in role and career goals - I consistently feel heard - Surrounded by intelligent and creative people that motivate me every day - Great product that customers love and that is constantly improving - Work life balance!!

Cons

- Fast-paced environment where change happens often isn't for everyone - With the way our sales/customer success/and professional services team are structured, each customer can be passed through A LOT of Smartsheet reps. Sometimes there are too many "cooks in the kitchen" , which can be frustrating

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Smartsheet is an amazing company with an amazing culture

May 20, 2016 - Services Coordinator in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is fast paced and a company that has amazing opportunities. The culture is amazing and the product is extremely useful!

Cons

There are no cons about Smartsheet! It is constantly growing and has a ton of potential that is will fulfill in the coming years

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent Product, Elite Team.

Apr 5, 2018 - Client Development Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredibly innovative product that has the ability to change the way people work across every industry. Driven and highly effective team of people at every level and across every department. Extremely supportive and honest group of executive leaders. Refreshingly transparent and authentic culture. And we're just getting warmed up!

Cons

Rapid pace of growth and change can be stressful for some.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good product that is constantly evolving - good benefits, strong leadership

Jun 7, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at a few different SaaS companies and after a while you get a sense of which company's products fall into the category as a 'nice to have' versus a 'need to have'. During business downturns or unforeseen circumstances such as Covid-19 a nice to have product is going to always be on the chopping block in terms of a product not being renewed. As a customer success manager at Smartsheet my job is to focus on customer retention. Our customers use Smartsheet to manage mission critical work and processes. Therefore it is not a simple decision to rip and replace Smartsheet as a tool because many end users 'need' it to continue managing their key business priorities. It is rewarding and exciting to work at a company with innovation where the product is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our customers. Even in a competitive space of collaborative work management Smartsheet has managed to carve out a lane for itself to integrate with other parts of a company's tech-stack and not necessarily cannibalize each other.

Cons

Currently the PTO policy starts at 15 days versus many other similar companies with an unlimited PTO policy. Most other benefits are competitive but this is the only one that is a con. **I will note that our HR team sent out a survey asking us what changes would want to be made to our benefits and a few days ago we received an update letting us know the areas that are being explored for 2022 and updating the PTO policy was one of the areas. I definitely wouldn't let this con stop you from considering joining Smartsheet.

9 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Feb 29, 2016 - Inside Sales Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast-paced; continuously growing and trying new things - Smartsheet is an amazing tool that can be used by anyone - Strong leadership team with the right amount of experience and passion for the product - Clear visibility into upper level management's ideas and the vision for the company - Ability to voice your ideas and opinions, very collaborative - Fun, enjoyable environment with great people. I like coming to work everyday. - Perks - more snacks than I could imagine, daily 520 toll paid for, free parking, great healthcare benefits, free lunches, etc.

Cons

None come to mind. The only one would be the location in Bellevue requires a 30 minute+ commute most days, but other than that working here has surpassed all my expectations.

6. 5.0

Growing Company with Great Leadership

Mar 22, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The leadership is extremely passionate and really seems to care about the employees and takes initiative in listening to our feedback to promote positive changes. - The culture and environment is filled with bright people who are very passionate about the product - We are encouraged to influence or make improvements both on the product side and operational side of things - Stocked up kitchen with free snacks and beverages - Casual dress code - The stock benefits are top notch

Cons

- The environment is generally fast paced so sometime things can get hectic and might not be the optimal environment for everyone -401k program can be improved -No tuition assistance program for continuing education

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Best Product Marketing Job I've had

Sep 10, 2019 - Senior Manager, Product Marketing in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company and a product that customers love means lots of opportunity for career growth. Executive leadership team has a strong vision, giving employees confidence in where we're going as a company. The people who work here are motivated and smart, which makes coming to work every day FUN.

Cons

Leadership puts in long hours, which means many others across the company end up doing the same. Benefits are not as good as some other Seattle-area tech companies.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Smartsheet core engineering

Jul 11, 2022 - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing to work with almost across the board. The project/product manages were some of the best I’ve ever worked with. While the batting average is 250 in most places the standard at Smartsheet is 500 in terms of performance, professional & personal collaboration and the desire for us all to succeed. Solid product I was proud to own publicly with a strong focus on the customer. Customer impact was often discussed and always considered before new features, update or fixes were undertaken or deployed.

Cons

Holding onto some of the tools, organizational thinking and backend priorities from it’s start up days in 2005. Pushing to adopt industry standard changes can be challenging. An ongoing loss of quality people due to multiple re-orgs that were abrupt, poorly communicated, poorly executed without being fully thought through, (created the need for addition re-orgs). These impacted the corporate culture and morale across the engineering originations, but left the challenges mentioned above unchanged.

8 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Growth Opportunities Abound

Nov 9, 2021 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smartsheet is growing rapidly and it shows. There are plenty of opportunities for professional growth as an employee (promotions from within, training, etc.), but also opportunities to impact and help shape the company as well. Pay is very good and benefits are even better (free medical, stock options, work-from-home, and much more). It's a great product and my colleagues are outstanding.

Cons

In any growth environment, change is inevitable. If you are uncomfortable with change, uncomfortable with ambiguity, or not looking to be pushed to 'reach' professionally, this company (and honestly, other tech orgs too) may not be a good fit.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Brain drain and new management destroyed what was once an amazing place to work

Oct 13, 2019 - Software Development Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are lots of passionate people who genuinely care about the quality of the product and customers. The stock price has been doing well, and the ESPP program is very market competitive. Bellevue location is adjacent to the Transit Center, which is great, since there isn't available parking.

Cons

A story I used to hear from several co-workers was "I know in tech people typically move from job to job every few years, but I could genuinely see myself staying here for the rest of my career." I don't hear that sentiment anymore. Over the last year or so, a large number of veteran people who made Smartsheet the thing it is today have departed the company, with some key people not by choice, due to changes in strategy for the company. Some exciting upcoming projects were scrapped, in part because the people who were necessary to accomplish those projects are gone. The concept of technical managers who also write code is gone. Managers who deeply understood the technical complexity of our systems are largely gone now, having departed or been assigned other roles. Our strong independent QA team is now absorbed into development, and the managers who used to have the political clout to push back and say no to cutting corners have been reassigned or have departed the company. The general sentiment is adapt to the new way or "good luck with future endeavors" - a statement our CEO has replied with on another review here on Glassdoor that shared a similar sentiment. I'm not arguing that the decisions of management haven't been effective - one need only look at the company's growth in size and stock price to see that it has. And certainly not all of the departures have been bad - we've had a wildly successful IPO, and some people just don't need to work anymore - a testament to how amazing Smartsheet has been. But as a place to work now, where you will spend the majority of your waking hours, you probably want a place where you can be proud of your work, and where you can think of management as the people who help facilitate your personal career growth and success. Where you can be free to be an advocate for quality without fear that doing so will harm your prospects for career advancement. Where ideas can flow freely, and you can be free to explore new technologies and improve experiences for your customers beyond the Minimum Viable Product.

18 people found this review helpful

Smartsheet Response

CEO

Our team continues to be our greatest asset. As you point out, many are passionate, care deeply about our product and customers, and make Smartsheet a compelling place to work. As we grow, change is inevitable. While we must ideate and adapt to lead a category, this evolution is guided by our purpose and values. I encourage each employee to embrace change, while continuing to surface ideas and recommendations that challenge the status quo. It’s also my expectation that all employees, no matter their role, are living our values every day. It sounds like you may have had some experiences where this was not the case. I strongly encourage you to speak with your people manager, HR Business Partner, or reach out to me directly to discuss further. One of the highlights for me each quarter is our 5-year employee anniversary gatherings in which we share stories and discuss what we’re looking forward to. I’m pleased to report that a great number of these tenured employees, are very much present and leaning in. --Mark Mader, CEO

Viewing 1 - 10 of 102 Reviews