Cover image for Smartsheet
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Smartsheet Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Sep 17, 2021

Found 7 of over 680 reviews

4.1
Smartsheet CEO Mark Mader
Mark Mader

What people are saying about Smartsheet

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Smartsheet? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Smartsheet employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "When I joined Smartsheet I felt SO much pride and appreciation to be a part of such a great company and culture.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good(in 60 reviews)
  • "The people are great and I love that we are a fast moving organization.(in 54 reviews)
  • "learned about good discovery from great leadership in one of my first few jobs in sales.(in 51 reviews)
  • "Great work/life balance(in 31 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay could be better across all roles(in 16 reviews)
  • "No diversity in many different aspects includinig personality.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Smartsheet isn't starting their 401k matching program until April 2020.(in 6 reviews)
  • "No 401k match at the moment is a disadvantage compared to other software companies around the area.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Toxic work culture(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smartsheet and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Smartsheet puts our people first!

Mar 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smartsheet cares about our people, first - that has been apparent to me since the start. This sentiment and environment is driven from the top down. As someone who is highly motivated to work harder when surrounded by a team of supportive and innovative teammates, this is what drew me to Smartsheet 1.5+ years ago, and what has kept me here. I had the unique opportunity to help build our first regional office in Boston; our leadership team here worked hard to ensure that culture of putting our people first spread as we expanded East. Our customers are delightful and that makes our jobs easier to delight them. When you have a strong and flexible product, it makes the job of the Customer Success team that much easier to champion. When we find opportunities to evolve our product, our Product and Engineering teams value the Voice of the Customer and work hard to find ways to grow the product with our customers' growing business needs. Our employees also have an allowance towards Professional Development, which enables us as leaders to attract and retain top talent.

Cons

Rapid growth has meant that we have to continue to iterate on processes to provide the framework to support our growing customer base and product. The opportunity to support this maturity is exciting and can be rewarding, and it can also present growing pains. On most days, it's one of the greatest things about Smartsheet, as it inspires us to continue to learn and grow alongside our organization.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I wouldn't leave even for double the pay... I love this place

Jul 21, 2021 - Client Development Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning and development, customers love the product, my leadership gives me tons of support to try new things and be independent but are immediately accessible if I need help. There are tons of growth opportunities in several departments. In my current role, I frequently have recruiters reach out on linked in and occasionally will do the interview just to stay fresh on what's out there. 9/10 times the total comp is 70% tops of what my current earnings are. The salary is good, commissions are generous, lots of stock at year-end, ESPP, 401k match, L&D budgets, insurance provided, and more vacation than I have ever even wanted to use. Hindsight being 20/20 I can't believe I even bothered applying for other companies years ago.

Cons

When a team grows so fast like Smartsheeet it's like a toddler learning to walk with some of the internal processes which are just natural growing pains. The hardest part of my job is that customers love Smartsheeet and want to connect to talk about it as often as possible which means I have to be intentional with my time and making sure I have time to do my actual sales job not just experimenting and collaborating with customers.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Smartsheet team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

6 month recap

Dec 7, 2018 - Sales Development Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The energy here is incredible. Everyone has so much passion for the product and for each other's success. Help is always around the corner and easy to find, new ideas are always welcome, your voice feels heard, and you're encouraged to be the best version of yourself both inside and outside of work.

Cons

As with any scaling business, there are growing pains, but leadership makes an effort to get feedback from all departments and employees on how to maintain culture and values.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company and Product!

Aug 10, 2021 - Commercial Sales Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The product is great and continues to improve over time. We invest heavily into making a product our customers love. Because the software is so flexible, there's a lot of opportunity to have different and interesting conversations with multiple departments for multiple use cases, which will be great experience for future opportunities and growth. Above all, the people here are great!

Cons

The company has been growing rapidly and, with that, comes some growing pains when building more mature processes and adding new application in our internal environments. The learning curve and impediments along that journey can be an added challenges to the daily routine.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work!

Jul 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong leadership, talented co-workers, great product, collaborative environment.

Cons

Usual growing pains as a company tips a certain revenue/employee threshold.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun company, but not diverse

Jun 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, fast paced-environment, fun environment

Cons

Not a very diverse environment, growing pains from being a start up, cliquey

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall love working at Smartsheet

Jul 21, 2021 - New Business Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, flexible, good product, good compensation

Cons

management, sales training, growing pains

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 Reviews