Smarty Had a Party Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "A Company That Cares"

I have been working at Smarty Had a Party full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smarty is so concerned about the safety of their employees. They closed the office and warehouse during the recent ice storm with pay. We know that the management of Smarty cares. What a great company to work for!

Cons

I an unable to think of any "Cons" at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. "Exciting fun and friendly place to work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Smarty Had a Party full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities for growth, friendly and concerned management, and an upbeat atmosphere. Employer always seemed open for suggestions and to hear any complaints. I got a true feeling that they cared about their employees.

Cons

Some improvement to the infrastructure seems to be needed but also seemed to be being worked on.

3. "Benefit"

Pros

The past 3 years Smarty Had a Party has given everyone in the company a gift certificate. Receiving this right before Thanksgiving is truly a blessing.

Cons

None at this time, thank you.

5. "Wonderful Work Environment"

I have been working at Smarty Had a Party full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work.life balance is phenomenal! I always enjoy coming to work. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement, and I have grown since starting here

Cons

There really aren't any cons. If you enjoy working in a fun, cohesive environment then you would love working at Smarty.

Advice to Management

Continue to hold events that bring all of the departments together. It's nice getting to know people you don't work with on a daily basis.

"Fun company!"

I have been working at Smarty Had a Party full-time

Pros

Upbeat company with the best employees.

Cons

Little feedback or recognition from supervisor.

Advice to Management

Help employees grow beyond their job titles.

"Great Company, Great Culture, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Smarty is the best. They try every day to make it a great day. They are constantly trying to make it a better environment for the employees, no matter if you are a warehouse packer, a call center employee or in marketing. They encourage honest feedback and discussion. In fact, honesty is a hallmark of this company. I have never been in an environment that not only talks about honesty, but lives it. But, most important, the people make Smarty. They are the heart and soul of the company. Smarty works every single day to make sure the Smarty family is happy, healthy and productive. They care and value us. I have also seen them promote or move from within. If you have talent, they'll find it and put you in the best available place to succeed.

Cons

Sometimes things can get hectic, but what place doesn't, right? They try and value someone who takes initiative, so even if things get a little crazy, I see it as an opportunity to prove myself and grow. I noticed a few months ago a short period of turnover. I was concerned until I realized that they were getting rid of some bad apples and morale and the office environment have been even better since -- so it appears to have been the right decisions for the company. All in all, even the "cons" are that bad.

Advice to Management

You have a great company, and one that I love being a part of. Every day when I get to work, I know you are working hard to make sure that we are well taken care of, are comfortable and that you are creating a environment that is best for productivity. You also care about the customers, our Smarties as they are called, and every decision is honestly made with them in mind, too. I love what you have here. Continue to take feedback and include us in the process. We love it and it makes us feel like we really are a big family making decisions that are best for our Smarties and us.

"Right Smartytude"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Pros

Great Company to work for, The Entire team Does a great Job at making you feel welcome, and helping you adjust into your new position. They truly care about their employee's and make every effort they can to keep improving.

Cons

THERE are no CONS. :0)

"Unstructured and frustrating"

I have been working at Smarty Had a Party full-time

Pros

You get the weekends off depending on your department. The people who aren't in charge will help you get through a lot.

Cons

This is a company for someone who is only looking for a paycheck and has no interest in furthering a career. No matter your qualifications, the owner is clear that she makes the rules so if you are hoping to be heard or taken seriously, this is not the place for you. Candor is very emphasized throughout the company. It sounds like a great concept, except it's really just a method of spying to get information on employees. There is no trust on either side. Management typically spends their time in fear of what the owner will think or do. The warehouse and the office are divided. It's like two different companies in the same building. In the winter the warehouse is freezing. In the summer the warehouse gets so hot that more breaks need to be added due to the lack of air conditioning. When it comes to how the company runs, change and confusion are constant and opinions are back and forth. If you can't handle constant disorder, then the paycheck won't be worth it and you won't like it here.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. You hired them to help your business grow so trust them and let them do their job.

10. "Outbound Shippping Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I worked at Smarty Had a Party full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company had a good plan for growth and there was an excitement that was tangible. THey really worked hard at branding.

Cons

The leadership was held up in their offices with no real concept of how things worked in the warehouse.

Advice to Management

Walk around, get to know the people that are working for you.

"Snow Day"

I have been working at Smarty Had a Party full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the only company have I ever workded for that called work off because of snow. One day we had snow coming down like hamsters and they told us to stay home. My freinds were jelous, they had to work that day

Cons

like it here, its cold in the warehouse in the winter, but what can you do