Smashburger Front of the House Reviews | Glassdoor

Carl Bachmann
0 Rating

"Good Company/Great Co-Workers"

Current Employee - Front of the House in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Smashburger part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone on the team pitches in to help out new hires and give them good advice, during training they give a lot of information but not in an overwhelming way - they let you learn at your own pace: ask you if you think you're ready to try out the job or keep watching. It's fast paced but a lot of fun and the customers are great and you get free food each shift which is amazing since the food is fantastic!

Cons

Not enough hours worked but this was mentioned in the interview. An online schedule would be a lot easier than just a paper one.

Advice to Management

Try out online scheduling : )

Smashburger2016-06-29
  2. "MEHH."

Front of the House in Denver, CO

I worked at Smashburger

Pros

Fun environment, flexible scheduling, good food

Cons

no free food only 70% off or up to 20$ off, short hours starting out

Advice to Management

Smash it up!!

Smashburger2016-05-02
  3. "Interesting, Great Company"

Current Employee - Front of the House

I have been working at Smashburger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome food, fun atmosphere, great opporunities

Cons

There is nothing directly negative about smashburger. Any cons with working in food (i.e. tough customers) applies.

Smashburger2016-04-01

"Great company"

Front of the House in Houston, TX

I worked at Smashburger

Pros

-Excellent team environment -Decent job for decent pay -Opportunities to move up

Cons

-Secret shoppers every other week

Smashburger2015-12-14

"i work for smash burger"

Current Employee - Front of the House in North Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Smashburger part-time for more than a year

Pros

not many i been there a year and still no raise. they lied on frobes magazine and said we make 9/Hr. i make 8.25

Cons

does not care for its employees hr does not help. i have contacted them many times. the district manager also did not want to give me the hr number instead gave me the email address and told me he was going to call them and let them know of the email.

Advice to Management

cant advise them they wont even try to relate

Smashburger2014-02-06

"Fun environment, management needs work."

Former Employee - Front of the House in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Smashburger part-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was decent, the crew I worked with was a lot of fun to be a round, the job was self-explanatory.

Cons

My hours were always changing each week, one week I'd work 10 hours, another I'd work 20. The managers did a really bad job of making sure food got to customers by continuously bumping items that hadn't been delivered yet. When the items were bumped, they disappeared from screens in the kitchen, so the food was never made.

Advice to Management

Wait to bump food until after it's delivered so the customers aren't waiting an hour for their burgers that were never made so you don't have to keep handing out vouchers to upset customers.

Smashburger2014-01-07

"Dissapointing"

Former Employee - Front of the House

I worked at Smashburger part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice, friendly, and clean environment with decent food

Cons

Minimum wage, long hours, menu changes constantly

Advice to Management

Give consistent hours

Smashburger2013-08-01

"My Experience at Smashburger"

Former Employee - Front of the House

I worked at Smashburger part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent hours : 20-30 hours Good job if you're in high school Fun environment

Cons

No benefits Work on most holidays Pay is very low Constantly changing their menu We used to get tips, however, that was taken away Management is not very good. I have worked with 3 managers at Smashburger and unfortunately all of them did not meet up to their title.

Advice to Management

I suggest that you should hire managers that can actually live up to their title. You also need to care more about your employees, they should not be getting paid so low compared to the job they have to do.

Smashburger2013-07-29

"Not Satisfied"

Former Employee - Front of the House in Elmhurst, IL

I worked at Smashburger part-time for less than a year

Pros

Met some nice people through working with them ONE manager out of 4 actually cared about the employees and put them first

Cons

Sloppy business. I worked there from January-May and in that short amount of time i had 4 different managers. Also, we went from 16 front of the house coworkers to 6. Everyone quit because they hated it so much. The shifts are very long. Most days I would work atleast 6 hours, often more with one 30-minute break. Many of my co-workers were not getting paid the full amount, i.e. the back kitchen staff was to be making $9.75/hour and most of them were only making $9.00. Also, they jipped you of hours all of the time. If you came in to cover someone elses shift, they very often didn't put that on your time sheet. I had to COUNT my hours every single week to make sure that I was getting paid the correct amount. When I noticed that I was not making the correct amount of money, (was supposed to be getting paid 8.50/hour. My check said 8.25), it took them THREE WEEKS to fix it. And no, I did not get any of the money i was owed from that mistake back. Also, we were often running behind on orders (20-30 min) every night because my managers refused to staff enough people, even though they knew that we would be busy. They told me repeatedly that this was because of upper-management. They did not want to put extra people on shift because it would cost them extra money. And there is absolutely no way you can get a raise, or get any benefits.

Advice to Management

Loved it at first, but quickly realized that management does not care whatsoever about their employees. Ended up quitting.

Smashburger2012-07-10