Smile Brands Reviews | Glassdoor

Smile Brands CEO Steven C. Bilt
Steven C. Bilt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • There are no cons to working at Smilebrands - Monarch Dental (in 13 reviews)

• upper management not properly trained an in return staff is confused an so many changes (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is amazing. They really believe in making the patients happy and providing a positive, engaging work environment. The benefits here are pretty good and they are very flexible with your work schedule, full time and part time. Managers always help you learn new things and bring out the best in you. This is a place where team work really matters. We also have work events (potlucks, holiday events, etc.) to help encourage team-building. I go home happy every evening and wake up every morning excited for the new days to come.

Cons

We could use more variety in our medical benefit choices.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work by letting your employees grow and learn new things. Always remember to listen to what they have to say and encourage a team-effort type environment. It is always nice to know that we can contribute something, even if it is a little bit. Positive reinforcement is always welcome too :)

Aug 28, 2017 – CEO

Your headline nailed it! A big part of Smiles for Everyone is that we each have the opportunity to shape our environment and that the company does its part to ensure that is the case. It's a forever... More

"Operations Manage"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been working with Smilbrands for about 17 years now and I can honestly say that I have been very happy with my decision. The work environment/company culture is very positive. Not to mention, the work we do here -- helping people -- is the most rewarding work I've ever done. I love the company statement Smile for Everyone I'm constantly challenged by the work, which has helped me learn and grow. Management also makes you feel like your opinion and input actually matters. The company cares about its employees and goes above and beyond to create a positive work environment. Growth opportunities here are immense, and management is always willing to help work with you to help achieve your career.

Cons

I do not have any cons

Oct 17, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you so much for your 17 years of service!

3. "SMILES FOR EVERYONE"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Claremont, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Claremont, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for over 15 years. They believe in smiles for everyone, patients, employees, and providers. The benefits here are great, 401K, health, vision and dental insurance and they are very flexible with your work schedule, full time and part time. Managers always help you learn new things and bring out the best in you. This is a place where team work really matters. We also have work events (potlucks, holiday events, etc.) to help encourage team-building. I am very happy to work for such a great company.

Cons

I wish I could work less Saturdays to spend time with my children.

Advice to Management

keep being a great support system to us managers.

4. "Senior Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company is structured.. has a progressive plan.. excellent support team from DM to CEO open door communication.. well organized IT team with quick Resolutions.. systems are always to date with technology.. providers are given clinical support and are top priority.. Dr growth depends on themselves.. they are allowed to own our business as well as management... great HR support with guidance and quick response to urgent matters! Smile Brands believes in developing all levels of staff.. they have there own university where you can receive CE units and or professional growth courses... by far have exceeded my expectations with 28 +plus years in the field .. and will always recommend Smile Brands to all my dental colleagues!

Cons

Within all DSO there’s always room for improvement.. the grass is never greener on the other side !! All concerns have a resolution..

Advice to Management

I wish to see more DM like Ivania and VP like Claudia .. they always are supportive and don’t hold there experience and knowledge to help us!! I am who I am because of these two ladies and my company Smile Brands!

Oct 13, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your review. I can tell you that we LOVE Ivania and Claudia. They live and breathe Smiles for Everyone and help light the way for others. I’m happy to hear that they inspire you and can... More

5. ""Caring and Professional Work Environment""

Current Employee - Office Manager in Moreno Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Moreno Valley, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great fundamental ground on culture that helps promote a caring and pleasant work environment. The company is continuously looking for ways to enhance our technological processes while providing exceptional care for our patients. We are trained to gain patients for life and build sound and high performing teams that will help give our name presence in the community. Professionalism is taken very seriously, which allows teams to work cohesively together.

Cons

Updated procedural processes need to be communicated with office team members Some updates are not communicated until last minute.

Advice to Management

Communication has definitely improved, however being a little more proactive when changes occur to ensure standardization throughout our markets. Offering employee's with a variety of medical and vision insurance options. Besides that I do believe Smile Brands has and will continue to make the best choices to improve employee welfare and maintain our patients happy for life. SMILE ON...

6. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Corona, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best things about Smile brands is the training that they provide you with that helps you grow within the company. You are given the opportunity to learn and grow.

Cons

office hours can get hectic here and there

Advice to Management

Offices will continue to run great with the right amount of staff in the front and back. with great team support everything is always ran smooth.

Oct 16, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I absolutely love and appreciate the amount of training and opportunities given to allow employees to grow within Smile Brands as well. I know office... More

"Great company to work with."

Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Dental Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my office we work well as a team, and motivate each other on what we can do better to improve. Communication with each other is an important role and that's exactly what we do! My doctor is amazing and I wouldn't trade her for the world. Also the company made sure we were well taken care of after hurricane harvey and I can't thank them enough for what they have done for us .

Cons

I've been with castle for 7 years and so far there hasn't been any downsides to even bring upon.

Advice to Management

My manager Rebecca is great . She makes sure that our team is in compliance and everything is ready for a good production. In my office we are lucky to have her with us.

Oct 6, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for your review! It goes a long way to have an office that communicates together from the office manager, dental assistants, doctor, hygienists and the front office. I'm glad to hear that... More

"Great company!"

Current Employee - PCC in Pearland, TX
    Current Employee - PCC in Pearland, TX

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has to be one of the best companies I've worked for! I have been here less then a year. They really take care of their employees and help out during tough situations and make sure we have all the resourceful tools in order to succeed.

Cons

None at the moment.

9. "Lead Dental Assistant"

Current Employee - Rda
    Current Employee - Rda

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Is a good company and have good benefits

Cons

Is changing O.M and Drs. to frecuently

10. "Overall great company!"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working for Castle Dental on and off for 5 yrs. I appreciate that management listens to their employees. They understand our wants and needs. I've been very lucky to have an outstanding manager, Rachel Alba! The doctors are also very kind and caring!

Cons

The only negative thing that I have come across is when we've had new office managers. Maybe give them a lot more in depth training?

Advice to Management

Management, please continue to listen to us the employees! This is the main reason why I love working here!

Oct 9, 2017 – Recruiting Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. It sounds like your manager and doctors are helping make a great office! Your feedback about the office manager training is completely... More