KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They also provide great benefits which allow employees to have flexibility with their working schedule.(in 81 reviews)
  • "The company has a great culture(in 52 reviews)
  • "I've worked with Bright Now! Dental for 7+ years and can honestly say they have great doctors and management.(in 44 reviews)
  • "The staff is great I absolutly enjoy working with them considering we spend most of our time here than at home.(in 37 reviews)
  • "The team is great and all the other teams i have had encounters with have also been amazing.(in 36 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smile Brands and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great place to work

Nov 16, 2021 - Dentist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Multiple locations which help make it easier to find a clinic that works for you. Good pay structure and benefits, collaborative setting between doctors that can help answer questions and encourages a younger dentist to expand their skills. Good team environment with the coworkers I have had experience with. Specialists available for discussion and consults which is a big plus. In general, I have been very happy here.

Cons

Specialists at this time are only at about half the offices, but they have been steadily increasing where they are available.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review, Doctor! We appreciate your 4+ years of service with Smile Brands.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A place that cares about us employees

Jun 16, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ceo truly cares about his employees. He’s a big advocate on mental health. You can truly be yourself and express how you feel. He is very open to hearing what we think and will advocate for us.

Cons

Medical plan can be better. Overall great benefits.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review!

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Overall Great Employer

Jun 16, 2022 - Office Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Pay, Supportive Leadership, and Great team atmosphere.

Cons

Long hours, stressful, you have to be a pro at multitasking, lots of pressure to sell dentistry. Not much room for advancement beyond Office Manager, however that may be because there is lower turn over in the market leadership roles, which is a good thing.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and leading one of our practices. We appreciate you!

4. 5.0

Best

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoying great company to work for

Cons

Pay is not as good as should be

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We appreciate the time you spent at Smile Brands!

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of cooks

Jun 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

benefits work life balance CEO

Cons

No support from leadership, too many cooks in a kitchen, no execution

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed a great work life balance while working at Smile Brands. If you are comfortable sharing more details about your experience, we would love to hear from you at WeCare@smilebrands.com.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Working for a corporate

May 30, 2022 - DAIII
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meet a lot of nice people, lots of contacts. Opportunity to rise in the company.

Cons

Not paid competitive rates. Large company, easy to get lost.

Human Resources

We are glad to hear you are enjoying working with Smile Brands and appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. If you ever need additional support please feel free to reach out to us at WeCare@smilebrands.com.

7. 3.0

Decent

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your experience with the company will depend on the office you work at.

Cons

It is a very large company and don't always focus on the offices that are being neglected.

Human Resources

Thank you for leaving us a review, we appreciate your feedback. You highlighted one of the many benefits of joining the Smile Brands team, experience, which can vary depending on the office, as each team can have unique skill sets. We always want to ensure that our offices and team members are receiving the support they need and encourage team members to reach out to their managers, market leaders, and even the support office to request support. If you would like to share more about your experience working with Smile Brands please feel free to contact us at WeCare@Smilebrands.com.

8. 5.0

Good company

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love that it is fully remote and Irvine location was great next to Spectrum.

Cons

Always had traffic when going to the office.

Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review with your feedback. We are glad to hear that the flexibility to work remotely was a positive experience for you. Thanks again for sharing your experience and for the time that you spent with Smile Brands.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience

May 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture and upper management

Cons

Benefits could improve high deductible

Human Resources

We appreciate your review! You highlighted two great aspects of joining Smile Brands, the company culture, and leadership; we are thrilled that you enjoyed it as well during your time with Smile Brands. While our Benefits team works diligently to ensure that Smile Brands maintains a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, I will be sure to pass along your feedback. Thank you again for your review.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

Apr 21, 2022 - Office Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interactive company , team building and

Cons

Medical Benefits has changed in the past 5 years plus .

Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your review and your hard work with the company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,328 Reviews

Smile Brands Reviews FAQs

Smile Brands has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,350 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Smile Brands to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Smile Brands employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Smile Brands. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

82% of Smile Brands employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Smile Brands 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Smile Brands to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace, compensation.

Popular Careers with Smile Brands Job Seekers