KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,215 of over 1K reviews

4.5
Smile Brands CEO Steven C. Bilt
Steven C. Bilt
Pros
  • "Great support system from corporate to District Regional Management to Doctors(in 87 reviews)

• "They also provide great benefits(in 65 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No 401K match and/or retirement plan(in 37 reviews)

• "Use of paper charts rather than being completely digital(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smile Brands and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Apr 1, 2021 - Office Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

For me, smile brands as been a great company to work for. I am happy to say that I hope to be here for the rest of my working career. I have found that there are many pros but to list a few I would say that smile brands creates a culture of trust. When I am told something will get done, it does. When I ask a question, I get answers. This is important to have from an employee perspective. In order to have trust you have to work with great people, and that is something that I have encountered here at smile brands. In order to have this trust and the great people to work with, it has to come from above, I know I can trust my DMO and I know I can trust that my DMO will provide what I need in order to get my job done correctly. I have found that I can I have a normal work life balance and that my job does not effect my life outside of my office or my work environment. I have had all the opportunities given to me to grow and learn which is another important pro @ smile brands. Smile Brands has been a great place for me to work and to grow in my career in the dental field.

Cons

would love to switch to digital charts but other than that, nothing to complain about!

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to have you on our management team and love that you have a trusting and communicative partnership with your DMO. We definitely hear and acknowledge you on the fact that some offices are still using paper charts. We are in process of working through this and converting offices to more updated systems. Your DMO can let you know more!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Culture; A Place to Grow your Career

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Collaborative culture of Smiles For Everyone -Fun events and comradery -Leadership team are great at communicating the vision -Room to grow

Cons

-Big company; sometimes slow to move and change -Old technology -No 401(k) match

Human Resources Business Partner

We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience working at Smile Brands! Communication is key to success and we appreciate your feedback that leadership communication is great. On that note, we hear you on your concerns about being slow to change with regards to technology and benefits. We are actively working on providing updates for office tech and surveying employees to see how we can improve our benefits offerings for the team. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to contact us at WeCare@smilebrands.com.

3. 5.0

Best employer I've worked for

Apr 15, 2021 - Office Manager in Pinole, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working for Smile Brands for 12 years now and I don't have any plans to go anywhere else. Working for Smile Brands has been a great experience this far and I foresee more great things coming. It is great to work for a company that works with so much transparency and that shares my core values ... "Smiles for everyone"; what else could be said. This company focus on providing outstanding customer service to our patients and at the same time creating a safe and healthy environment for all staff. I love working for a team that supports you, keeps you informed, appreciates you, gives you job security and opportunities for advancement. I am proud to be part of the Smile Brands team.

Cons

As the company keeps growing, corporate has done a good job communicating with all team members at a large scale. However, in my opinion, there should be more communication at the market level to keep everyone posted on changes and new implementations to have smooth transitions.

Human Resources Business Partner

I appreciate the feedback you've given here and I agree that market communication is key to effective implementations. I'll be sure to pass this info along to our leadership team. Thank you for your 12 years of service at Smile Brands!

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Beware of Cult Mentality

Mar 8, 2021 - Marketing Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office building located near the Irvine spectrum

Cons

Warning: the company pays its employees to leave positive reviews. I myself received a Starbucks gift card for every 5 star review I left under a different fake email. Notice how many of the reviews sound similar. They have to pay us because CEO and leadership preach teamwork, company culture and diversity but there’s no policies to back that. People pretend like they’re extremely happy for the sake of kissing up to the CEO. No one will admit the truth unless it’s after a few cocktails and in a hushed voice. It gives cult vibes. The truth is that most of them are overworked and underpaid. Most of their “diversity” is in the call center and to me that’s a cop out bc obviously you NEED bilingual people in a call center. Go up the the main floor and there’s hardly any POC. This is partially because the company is antiquated and stuck in their ways. Younger voices and perspectives are drowned out by older employees who refuse to adapt. I’d warn all those who are starting their careers to steer clear. You don’t want to get sucked in like me and waste 3 years of your life trying to climb a ladder that doesn’t exist (while everyone around you is brainwashed and insists that there’s an escalator instead of a ladder)

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

I have to admit that it does make me a bit sad to see your review and I hope that you have moved on or started a company that aligns with your values. Before going further, I must say that Smile Brands has specific policy prohibiting any compensation or coercion with regard to reviews on any platform, including GD. The "diversity" comments above are not accurate, while the CC is diverse, that diversity is consistent across the dental offices, which is where the overwhelming majority of the employee and provider base resides. Finally, it is unfortunate that you view the bi-weekly gathering to acknowledge the many miracles, great and small, occurring across the business as an attempt at "brainwashing". As I am sure you are aware, a very similar occurrence is commonplace in the best run dental offices and is known as the 'daily huddle". I will say that we continue to begin every gathering with acknowledgment of "miracles" great and small, which I do cherish, but I miss the bi-weekly gatherings of our support Teams to do the same live in a larger setting. Again, I wish you the best in finding or creating a place that aligns with your values and I'm sorry that you did not have a positive experience at Smile Brands.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Be Happy - Work for Smile Brands

Apr 1, 2021 - Executive in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smile Brands is a great company to work for. I have had the privilege to work with great team members, doctors and leaders. It is so rewarding and great to know the vast amount of resources and support this company has available to achieve excellence with your team or practice. Smile Brands loves to take care of their patients but they also look after each and every individual employee. It is also a company that has been prepared and well informed to stay ahead of the curve during this whole pandemic. Their safety protocols have been top notch and communicated to everyone to make sure every employee and patient is safe and welcomed.

Cons

Not much comes to mind for any cons. If I had to list one, I would say some of the softward is outdated. However, I know they have launched new programs and updates that are expanding soon.

Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! Thank you for mentioning the strict safety protocols we've implemented for both staff and patients to keep everyone protected. Your feedback regarding the software is appreciated and we are working hard to make progress with new programs. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the content shared in the recent virtual company meeting and we look forward to continuing to engaging the team nationwide with virtual events in the future.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Positive Culture- Amazing Company!

Mar 24, 2021 - Office Manager in Bountiful, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

"Smiles for Everyone" is one of our Mission statements and that definitely holds true as this is an impeccable company to work for! They truly value you as an individual and as an organization. I enjoy working for the company on the clinical side as well. Most people do not like coming to the dentist. So, to be the one whom can make them smile and have a better experience and feel confident about themselves is such a humbling experience that I get to feel and accomplish everyday! Giving back to the community during charity events as in "Give Kids a Smile" and other organizations is one of my favorite things to do here at Smilebrands as well.

Cons

Having an old dental software system that does not have the ability to make things easier and more streamlined. Still using paper charts is challenging when we have so many different offices

Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We are thankful for your feedback and your dedication to the mission of creating Smiles for Everyone. We will be sure to pass along your advice and concerns about the dental software and paper charts. Thank you for your service to the organization and for making the patients a priority. You and your team are truly valued!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Apr 19, 2021 - Office Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

This past year has proven what a great company SmileBrands is to work for. They have gone over and above to ensure the safety of their staff during this challenging time. They provided and continue to provide all the resources and support needed to guide staff through. We are at any time, able to contact any of our support departments and receive answers in a timely manner. Our CEO, Steve Built truly cares about the well being of the employees and has spent many hours creating platforms for all to feel safe and valued in the company. The salaries and benefits are competitive.

Cons

It can be a challenge to fully staff offices.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review, and helping our offices be a Safe Smile Space!

8. 5.0

Amazing culture!

Mar 26, 2021 - Office Manager in Bellingham, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am truly lucky to work with all the amazing people at Smile Brands! I have a wonderful support team here in WA and throughout SBI! My DMO Feven Kebede is always willing and able to help whenever needed. I have the honor of being involved with the OMAC team, the amount of support we all are able to receive and give to each other is phenomenal! We all have truly rewarding jobs here with SBI!

Cons

I would say the only con would be paper charting. I'm hoping we can move towards being paperless in the very near future.

Human Resources Business Partner

We appreciate you taking time to leave a review. The OMAC team provides so much value to the organization, thank you for your involvement!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work place!

Mar 25, 2021 - Office Manager in American Fork, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I recently started my employment with Smile Brands and have been very content with my decision to work here. Smile brands is a great place of employment that has provided me with new experiences in different aspects. The employees and managers strive to build confidence in every employee in order to see every one succeed and flourish in their position. It has provided me with ample opportunities to learn and grow as an individual and as an employee of Smile Brands. Smile Brands has not only been a great work experience but a GREAT EXPERINCE OVERALL!

Cons

The late work schedule can be a little challenging for some employees but also provides a flexible work schedule for those who are going to school and may be in search of a later start to their work day schedule.

Human Resources Business Partner

Welcome to the team! I definitely agree that while it can be challenging to have some late days on the schedule, the value it adds to patients is huge. I appreciate you leading the charge in providing greater accessibility to patients and balancing that with the needs of our team members.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Apr 7, 2021 - Patient Care Coordinator in Camarillo, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This office is always a team effort, team members are always willing to help and teach one another There is excellent communication between the office and patients It is a sanitary and safe environment Issues or concerns are always addressed in a timely manner

Cons

The software Ascend can sometimes be difficult work with but we receive training and support to help us understand the correct ways to navigate the system.

Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this incredibly helpful review. We are so fortunate to have so many amazing Teams and Team members who help make Smile Brands what it is.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,215 Reviews