Smile Brands Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2020

4.5
Pros
  • "They also provide great benefits which allow employees to have flexibility with their working schedule(in 56 reviews)

• "Our mission is smiles for everyone and employees truly live by this(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • "I can honestly say that there are no cons that come to mind when I think about working for Smile Brands(in 51 reviews)

• "Still would love to see 401K match(in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing work place!!!!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Burleson, TX

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

As a manager you are given a chance to lead an office without feeling micromanaged. Your ideas are valued and you are seen as an asset to the organization.

Cons

I really do not have any cons but it would be nice if the company contributed to the 401K.

Smile Brands Response

March 13, 2020Employee Engagement Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear your experiences are amazing and we hope that they continue to be amazing in the future!

2. "Great working culture"

Current Employee - Dental Hygienist RDH in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly working environment, great communication with management , well managed and well organized office

Cons

Can't think of any as of now

3. "Worst Company Ever"

Former Employee - Dental Insurance Specialist in Irvine, CA

I worked at Smile Brands full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's next to the big outdoor mall. The building's surroundings are gorgeous.

Cons

Tons of favoritism to the party-goers and obvious nepotism. Management is so unprofessional and show no compassion. You could have over 180 hours of PTO, get the flu and take 3 days off, return with a doctor's note, and get a nasty email the next day. This place is a joke! They had the whole company submit positive reviews on Glassdoor to get themselves recognized as a "great place to work". How awfully fraudulent and pathetic. Lots of shady things go on there.

Continue reading

"Beware there's no care here."

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The patients are the best part.

Cons

Call center, it's military style. Don't work here unless you want to sign over your freedom.

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - Registered Dental Hygienist

I worked at Smile Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing, comes to mind. You’re better off with a different office.

Cons

Low pay. And there’s no opportunities for a raise. Overworked. No quality in their workspace and equipment. Asking hygienist to drive far to other offices for low pay. Benefits are cheap. The list goes on. Overall the management both in corporate and in the office is terrible. They will bombard you with messages and give little in return. No point in applying for a low grade quality dental company that doesn’t even have any knowledge on how the clinicians line of work.

Continue reading
  6. "Give a Smile - Get a Smile"

Current Employee - Director, Digital Marketing in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ability to create your own success

Cons

Lean teams can lead to long hours

7. "Caring, conciterate,company that has a plethora of very skilled individuals working for it. -Kerra Linnenkugel Ex assist"

Former Employee - Oral Surgery Assistant in Olympia, WA

I worked at Smile Brands full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are new to learning something just ask. Everyone is so helpful and willing to teach you how to do things. Smile BrandsDefiantly opens your skill sets up.

Cons

This company will challenge you mentally and physically, But that's how you grow and become better.

8. "Worst company ever"

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time

Pros

Compensation is fairly good if you negotiate it correctly

Cons

This company forces you to do a glass door review. They make sure not to make it an option. The core values and how they treat their employees are completely different. They do not genuinely care about their employees. Worst decision I ever made was working for smile brands.

Smile Brands Response

May 23, 2020Senior VP, Human Resources

The feedback in this post is incorrect and patently false. The company never forces anyone to post a review of any kind. Reviews are voluntary. Likewise, the company consistently demonstrates its care, compassion and concern for all employees and affiliated providers. You indicate that you are a current employee. I would like to connect with you to learn more about your specific employment experience. Please email me at tanisha.wicker@smilebrands.com

9. "Company overview"

Current Employee - General Dentist

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time

Pros

Great management, very approachable and always supporting doctors to perform their best.

Cons

Very satisfying experience till date.

10. "Don't look any further!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love this company, I am going on 9 years this year. The company for me in comparison to any other DSO has a stable and clear foundation and sticks to what they believe in not only for patients but just as well as all the employees of this company. The way we are allowed to work with our teams and have freedom to do what is best within the day to day is what keeps me here. There is no one pressuring you to perform, but in turn you want to do well because they are so great. Teamwork makes the dream work!

Cons

401 K not matched as a someone who came from a company that did it is substantial.

Found 997 reviews