Cover image for Smile Brands

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

78.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Smile Brands~321628
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They also provide great benefits which allow employees to have flexibility with their working schedule.(in 99 reviews)
  • "Smile brands offers great culture and support on all levels.(in 62 reviews)
  • "I've worked with Bright Now! Dental for 7+ years and can honestly say they have great doctors and management.(in 50 reviews)
  • "The staff is great I absolutly enjoy working with them considering we spend most of our time here than at home.(in 43 reviews)
  • "The team is great and all the other teams i have had encounters with have also been amazing.(in 43 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smile Brands and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great culture

Nov 19, 2022 - Office Manager in Calif City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Executive level management is constantly asking for employees feedback

Cons

High insurance premiums, seems to be the norm nowadays

Human Resources

Thank you for your continued support to help deliver Smiles for Everyone! We appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that you feel supported by leadership and Smile Brands.

2. 5.0

Great Company, Culture, and People

Oct 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smile Brands is a great company built on solid principles like integrity, humility, teamwork, gratitude, and genuine care. I've seen that on a daily basis in how the company is run, the manner in which team members interact, and the way patients are taken care of. The culture is the best I have experienced in 20+ years and it's like something you only read about (and want to be a part of). People sincerely care about helping each other and patients. They enjoy working together, value each team member (and their families), keep patients the priority, and have fun along the way. The heart of Smile Brands is the great people who truly shape an amazing culture, a successful business, and millions of happy patients.

Cons

There really aren't any downsides to Smile Brands that jump out. It's a growing company with many practices across the country serving millions of patients. It's a complex business with many opportunities and a need for great people - providers, dental professionals, support team members, etc. As such, there's plenty of work to be done and patients to help (but like I said, that's also an awesome opportunity for people with the right heart).

Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review and share your experience being a part of the Smile Brands team. We are thrilled to hear that you have had the opportunity to experience and contribute to the company's strong and positive culture. We could not do this without our valued team members. Thank you for helping us create Smiles for Everyone.

3. Join the Smile Brands team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

RDA

Aug 22, 2022 - Lead RDA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am never left without work even when the doctor takes vacation. I also love my vacation pay. I have been with the company now for 7 years and I am up to accruing approx. 5 hours of vacation pay every paycheck. I also love that we get all paid holidays off. They provide CPR training biannually which is a perk. They provide competitive compensation packages: I have medical, dental, life insurance, lifelock protection benefits, and vision benefits. We are also supposed to receive quarterly bonuses. They used to be great but seem to be happening less lately.

Cons

We are supposed to receive a quarterly bonus if we hit goal but as of lately we are not finding out our quarterly goals and not receiving the bonuses (if applicable) in a timely manner. Bonus pay is a big part of our income and a perk to working for the company so it is important to me and I work hard to hit the goal and receive the bonus. Therefore it should be a very important priority to Smile Brands to make sure this is happening.

5. 5.0

WORK-LIFE BALANCE

Nov 17, 2022 - Registered Dental Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smile brands gives you a chance to recharge and unwind. This company sees you and hears you...and you feel valued. Even thou every day may not be an amazing day, Smile brands will help you maintain a positive attitude on even the most challenging days.

Cons

Health care premiums are high.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review, we appreciate you!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best decision I made so far in my career

Oct 4, 2022 - General Dentist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a pretty new dentist out of residency, I was skeptical of DSOs due to how some companies are reputed. Smile Brands is different and the greatest decision I've made so far in my career. There's incredible support and education. In the first six months, I was provided brand new endo rotary system, implant education, and a brand new implant system. My awesome manager (Kim) makes it happen and frequently checks in our team to make sure we get all the support. Also, there's no pressure to produce and dentists have full autonomy. I have never been told to produce. I have worked in private practice before, and my experiences were more cutthroat and gave lots of empty promises. No matter where you are in your career, Smile Brands is the perfect place to grow, settle, and serve the community

Cons

I love my office so not much to mention.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

LOVE OUR CULTURE

Oct 12, 2022 - Operations Manager in Lake Worth, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work for a place that listens and cares to everyone's needs. This is from patients, vendors, suppliers, and even us the employees. There is a culture present here that everyone becomes a part of and it's rewarding to be in this type of relationship with your employer.

Cons

Honestly, there hasn't been one concern brought about that the CEO and his leadership team haven't dived into finding a solution for! Everything from benefits, healthcare, diversity, impacting political/financial situations, world changing events, etc. Our leaders have been there for us in so many ways that other companies would have ignored, let it "pass" or just turn a cheek too.

Human Resources

Thank you for your review and for your 8 years of service! We are proud of the culture here at Smile Brands and thank our team members for committing to practice the principles that help keep that culture alive and thriving in our offices and in all our interactions. Our CEO and leadership team hear your feedback and advice and will continue to lead Smile Brands forward to deliver Smiles for Everyone within a Safe. Smile. Space.!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A great place to work and advance

Oct 7, 2022 - Senior VP
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smile Brands is truly a place where you can take on new challenges and grow with the company as far as you are willing and able to go. We promote from within and grow our people in many different ways. We have a supportive culture and promote teamwork and collaboration to solve business problems.

Cons

Our environment is very dynamic as well as distributed (600-700 offices across approx 28 states). It can make staying in touch challenging. Ensuring that every stakeholder who needs to know about projects and initiatives is kept informed is something we are constantly working on. Our pace is fast so the communication element is even more critical.

Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review! Thank you for mentioning the supportive and collaborative work environment and highlighting how many of our team members have been able to professionally develop and advance within their careers here at Smile Brands. Creating Smiles for Everyone is something we can always improve and your review assists us with that tremendously, your feedback and advice will shared with leadership.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome place to work ! so many wonderful things to say yes too!!

Oct 17, 2022 - Office Manager in Loma Linda, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, fantastic DMO's to support you along the way. Fun competitions and awards to earn. Great benefits and my team is amazing and I love working with all of them. Smile Brands is always making sure their employee's are taken care of. They went the extra mile when hurricane Ian hit and check on all the employee's and made sure their families were all taken care of. They are always trying to make the company a safe space for all.

Cons

if there was a real con, it would be lack of insurance choices.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and your 4+ years of service!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

20 Years and Counting!!

Aug 4, 2022 - Executive Office Manager in South Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Straight out of High School, Smile Brands gave this little lady a chance! They provided training, guidance, support, saw the potential I had and gave me the opportunity for growth. I absolutely love to help build teams, to help train & develop others and mentor my peers - and SBI has supported me along my journey. This is when I feel I am at my very best. Smile Brands gives me a strong sense of purpose and has a clearly-defined code of ethics. Best of All - We have some of the most amazing & talented corporate leaders!

Cons

Downside: * The daily expectations of management (in office operations) can be a bit much if the office isn't fully-staffed. When this happens, it causes management to feel overwhelmed and discouraged at the lack of support. * The challenges faced to meet daily goals regardless of how much talent your providers have is a huge burden on management.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Never Dreamed I would be a Dental Office manager.

Oct 4, 2022 - Office Manager in Spokane, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been in dentistry for over 20 yrs and have a vast knowledge of front and back office. Leadership sees potential and promotes from within, when available. I have never felt unheard. My contributions are valued and I feel a part of the bigger success of smilebrands.

Cons

turn over rate is strong in this climate post covid-19. Some times we end up doing what is necessary to complete the tasks needed to stay open and available for our patients but I am from a military background where there is NO such thing as a JOB description... The Job is to succeed by all means necessary.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,464 Reviews
</>Embed

Smile Brands Reviews FAQs

Smile Brands has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 1,488 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Smile Brands to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Smile Brands employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Smile Brands. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

86% of Smile Brands employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Smile Brands 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Smile Brands to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be workplace, compensation.

Popular Careers with Smile Brands Job Seekers