Smile Brands Reviews in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

2.9
Smile Brands CEO Steven C. Bilt
Steven C. Bilt
1 Rating

Pros
  • Our company has a mission to Bring Smiles for everyone (in 14 reviews)

• Monarch is a great place to work (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does not care about employees (in 10 reviews)

• As much as the office managers try there is very little they can actually do, corporate is based in california and cares very little about you (in 6 reviews)

1. "Working at SmileBrands"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere! Competitive Pay and always challenged. I have been able to grow from a supervisor to a Director in less than 4 years. I love the culture and how engaged our leadership team is. At SBI your opinion matters and our management team wants to hear it!

Cons

Like any company we have had our ups and downs but I am glad we are making great decisions and moving our company in the right direction.

2. "Patient Co-ordinator"

Current Employee - PCC in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - PCC in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Smile Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I met many wonderful patients. It's a good company to work for if you are in the right team.

Cons

The technique used as a marketing promotion borderlines harassment of the patient.

Advice to Management

Update your software and equipment both in the front as while as the back office to be more efficient. Train the call center to do all of their job informatively and completely . Finally make verifying and getting the very important basic insurance information from the many insurance companies we deal with accessible to each office on-line.

"Registered Dental Hyienist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Pros

A fast way to brown your green branches when fresh out of dental school. You learn just why these companies thrive. Very sad.

Cons

All things that follow...exhausting hours due to overbooking patients, bully management, working through lunch, lack of dental supplies like gloves, masks, dental materials and tools... they claim due to "budget"... no,its called "company greed!"
    Complainers and whistle blowers are ALWAYS punished.

Advice to Management

Corporate turns a blind eye..Shame on you all

4. "Another Dental services mill"

Former Employee - Job Was A Negative Experience As A Whole in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Job Was A Negative Experience As A Whole in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Smile Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

newer equipment, health insurance benefits,

Cons

The company has a very poor reputation for over-diagnosis and over-treatment especially in the periodontal services/hygiene department. This is due to management pressure that basically rewards over aggressive diagnosis with higher pay and punishes the lack of it by moving you out as quickly as possible

Advice to Management

Management will not listen to advice. Their bottom line and their investors are their top priority so that advice from employees is not welcome and certainly not heeded.