KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Smile Brands Employee Reviews about "doctors"

Updated Nov 15, 2020

Found 87 of over 1,239 reviews

4.4
Smile Brands CEO Steven C. Bilt
Steven C. Bilt
Pros
  • "Great support system from corporate to District Regional Management to Doctors(in 87 reviews)

• "They also provide great benefits(in 65 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No 401K match and/or retirement plan(in 37 reviews)

• "Use of paper charts rather than being completely digital(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smile Brands and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "doctors"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Best DSO in San Diego County

Nov 15, 2020 - Dentist in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have practiced at a couple of DSOs and private offices in San Diego. Bright Now is my favorite because they allow doctors to practice ethically without management trying to get involved with diagnosing which I have seen in other companies. My schedule stays full, and I am able to treat my patients as I would treat my family members. When covid hit, a lot of my friends in private practice were in a real bind. Our DSO model allowed me to have access to PPE, and upper management routinely had conference videos for the whole company to guide us through the pandemic. Also the support in the San Diego market is excellent. I have practiced for a decade and had my first patient scare recently. It turned out to be nothing, and the patient is happy. My district manager Dustin was immediately available with the support that I needed as he always is. I am grateful to be a part of such an amazing company that treats both its staff and its patients well.

Cons

They discontinued daily guarantees for doctors due to the pandemic. Luckily, my schedule is busy enough not to need one. I don't usually rely on a guarantee anyway, but it was nice to have one in case the schedule fell apart on any given day or something unusual and out of my control happened like a pandemic.

2. 5.0

Ideal Work Place

Oct 25, 2020 - Dental Hygienist RDH in Moreno Valley, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at Bright Now Dental for over 10 years. During this timeI have never seen a doctor trying to take advantage of a patient when recommending dental treatment. This is ethnics at its finest, and I could never work at a place with no ethics. We have a complete dental team with not only general dentists, but a variety of dental specialties that allow us to refer patients to other providers with in the company which allows us to have full access to new recommendations and to follow up on treatment. Our CEO has created a culture of giving to our needed community by providing free dental care to those who can not afford the treatment. Personally, this fulfills my need to give back to those in need. I have had the opportunity for professional development within my field. Support and guidance by my Market Director has been a plus. At my office my manager supports me at a 100 %, always. My co-workers are respectful and friendly. This is a place you can call home. So true that many of my co-workers have been working here for many years.

Cons

No work place is 100 % perfect especially during this pandemic; however, we are trying our best to continue to be successful under the circumstances.

2 people found this review helpful

Smile Brands Response

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you so much, both for your review and your 10+ years of service!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Why Work Anywhere Else?

Oct 29, 2020 - Dental Hygienist in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Smile Brands for 5 years and I can't imagine working anywhere else. Previous to Smile Brands, I worked at several private practices but once I came here, the differences were night and day! First, the culture and environment are outstanding. My office manager and doctor are supportive, encouraging and dedicated on delivering great care to our patients and making our office a great place to work. Second, I feel safe and secure. Since day 1 from the Covid-19 pandemic, the company provided us with N95 masks, face shield, gowns and caps to make sure we're all protected. We take patient temperatures and have them rinse and wash their hands before we start any treatment. We've never been short on PPEs and any supplies we need! Our safety protocols go above and beyond! It's so great to know that upper management takes this seriously and makes this a priority for us! Finally, I love the compensation structure. I get paid like a provider, full medical benefits, PTO and the company provides free CE class and even during the pandemic, we get offered virtual CEs!

Cons

I the future, I would like to see a 401k matching program.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great support in tough times

Sep 29, 2020 - General Dentist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am a long term employee, and I have always felt that true talent and hard work are supported and appreciated in Smile Brands. When the whole world was hit with the pandemic, and many dental offices closed their doors, Smile Brands stepped up and kept their dental offices open to help their doctors provide much needed dental care for their patients, and hence helping to keep many patients out of the ERs due to toothaches. The supply teams work hard to procure the PPE needed so we can safely practice. The leadership teams work hard to stay up-to-date with the latest CDC guidelines and state protocols, so we can assure that our teams and patients stay protected and safe. Smile Brands' CEO, Steve Bilt, implemented a Safe Smile Space program where we all feel safe in our "tent" or office, to be treated with respect and with value. There are constant communication updates about the state of the company, so every employee feels well informed. The company fought hard to keep health insurances for every employee, even during the toughest of times. The culture is true to the mission statement "Smiles for Everyone".

Cons

None. There is only one Steve Bilt, and only one Smile Brands.

Smile Brands Response

Human Resources

Thank you, so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is very important in creating Smiles for Everyone!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

GREAT TRANSITION FROM PRIVATE PRACTICE

Nov 4, 2020 - General Dentist in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

working in this group environment allows me to focus on providing my best dentistry without having to handle the day to day issues such as staffing, overhead , and marketing , Even during the current pandemic Smile Brands was committed to providing dentistry in a safe environment to both doctors, staff , and patients. Great opportunity to share staff in the event a staff member could not be in that day and the clinical experience of fellow colleagues makes it easier to solve difficult clinical problems.

Cons

NO NEGATIVE IMPUT AT THIS TIME BASED ON TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Culture and Best Practices

Nov 2, 2020 - Lead Dentist in San Marcos, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant support around administrative and operational duties. Allowing the doctor's the ability to focus strictly on the clinical aspect of the practice to maximize the potential to service each patient. Also during the pandemic Smile Brands was able to provide a safe and secure work environment, not only protecting the Doctors and staff but also providing reassurance to our patients that they are in a safe space.

Cons

Paper charts and practice management system a little outdated

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

There’s no better place than here to work!

Oct 1, 2020 - Lead RDA in Puyallup, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I couldn’t ask for a better place to work than at the Bright Now Dental in Puyallup Wa. I have been employed here for almost 3 years. I took a short break but stayed part time to venture out and work for a private dentist. That lasted only 3 months, no benefits, the doctor was over the top with criticism, not constructive, just critical, I couldn’t do anything right. My co partner at BND text me saying they wanted me back full time. So I reached out to my manager Joy Snider, she went to bat for me, brought me back on board full time, increased my wages and in a very short time made me the acting lead RDA. I was given more responsibilities and started a whole new learning process. Our district manager Lindsay English was and is super supportive of my position and took time to come and talk to me about ordering and budget which really put things in perspective for me. In March of this year I got really sick at work. Long story short I ended up at the ER in my scrubs and was immediately quarantined and tested for covid-19 because I was considered to be working in a high risk environment. After a long wait I was pleased to find out the results were negative and was able to return to work. Literally on the day I returned I found out everyone had been furloughed due to the Pandemic . I was very honored to be the assistant to stay on board and serve our clients with Dr Bae. We ended up with a magnificent team of four that we eventually called ourselves the fab four. Dr Bae, myself Susie Wilcox, our awesome front desk person Savannah Damian and our office manager Joy Snider who made things happen for us. We were one of a very few offices in western washington that stayed open and through all of this we saw patients from all over. We were able to keep the hospitals ER rooms void of many dental ER patients. We saw patients from all over and from other offices to treat their issues. During this period our senior management was on the ball keeping us updated daily on safety issues and changes. Our senior management was on spot with making sure we had the supplies we needed to stay safe and sterile and do our jobs efficiently. It was stressful at times, not because of work but because of the news and how the pandemic was growing. I know we aren’t first responders but all four of us put ourselves at risk for our company but mostly for our patients who needed us desperately. If I had to do it again I wouldn’t change one thing. Dr Bae says patients are number one priority and he made sure of it. Sometimes we would come in early or stay late. I remember one patient in particular who has horrible dental anxiety, on top of that she was super concerned about the pandemic. We set her appointment when no other patients would be there and we gave her personal attention and one on one time. This relaxed her more than nitrous. Im grateful for my position at BND, for those I work with for our company looking out for our best interest and safety . I wouldn’t trade my job For any other job!

Cons

Not being able to have a good local lab to fabricate crowns for us.

8. 5.0

Oct 22, 2020 - Dental Hygienist in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work! I have worked here as a hygienist for over a year and I can say “I love my job.” Smile Brands care about their employees. They offer great benefits with paid holiday and vacation time. The management is very supportive and knowledgeable. The doctors and staff are all an amazing team!

Cons

I have no cons at this time

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Excellent Support

Nov 5, 2020 - Office Manager in Wesley Chapel, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smile Brands Inc. gives each employee room for growth. Great support system from corporate to District Regional Management to Doctors

Cons

There is not much cons, Medical benefits premiums increases every year.

10. 5.0

Best place to work

Sep 30, 2020 - Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

culture is inclusive of everyone, team is open for feedback, patients are #1, doctors are heard,

Cons

there are no negatives at smile brands

Viewing 1 - 10 of 87 Reviews