KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Smile Brands

Engaged Employer

Smile Brands

Add a Review

Smile Brands Employee Reviews about "no 401k match"

Updated Nov 9, 2020

Found 37 of over 1,239 reviews

4.4
Smile Brands CEO Steven C. Bilt
Steven C. Bilt
Pros
  • "Great support system from corporate to District Regional Management to Doctors(in 87 reviews)

• "They also provide great benefits(in 65 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No 401K match and/or retirement plan(in 37 reviews)

• "Use of paper charts rather than being completely digital(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smile Brands and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no 401k match"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Culture and Purpose

Nov 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Work Culture, Great and Consistent Leadership from the Top all the way through the Organization, Opportunity for Growth, People Centric and get to Help so many people

Cons

There is No 401K match

2. 5.0

Why Work Anywhere Else?

Oct 29, 2020 - Dental Hygienist in Pasadena, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Smile Brands for 5 years and I can't imagine working anywhere else. Previous to Smile Brands, I worked at several private practices but once I came here, the differences were night and day! First, the culture and environment are outstanding. My office manager and doctor are supportive, encouraging and dedicated on delivering great care to our patients and making our office a great place to work. Second, I feel safe and secure. Since day 1 from the Covid-19 pandemic, the company provided us with N95 masks, face shield, gowns and caps to make sure we're all protected. We take patient temperatures and have them rinse and wash their hands before we start any treatment. We've never been short on PPEs and any supplies we need! Our safety protocols go above and beyond! It's so great to know that upper management takes this seriously and makes this a priority for us! Finally, I love the compensation structure. I get paid like a provider, full medical benefits, PTO and the company provides free CE class and even during the pandemic, we get offered virtual CEs!

Cons

I the future, I would like to see a 401k matching program.

3. 4.0

Well established Company

Oct 8, 2020 - Office Manager in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company to work for and well established, great platform developed in regards Covid-19 issue, lots of training for Management positions available and endless growth opportunities for those taking seriously their jobs. Decent salary.

Cons

No 401K match, a centralized IT setting that sometimes makes it difficult to do our jobs and system fails more frequently than they should. Dislike as a Manager having also a centralized billing department and not being able to manage the EOB's from my patients directly at my office setting and knowing in a timely manner whether or not a patient has a credit or a balance so I can deal with it promptly. Maybe for another Manager it's not an inconvenience because is less work to do on a daily basis, but for me it creates sometimes an unnecessary poor communication between patients and our office.

4. 5.0

Smiles For Everyone

Sep 29, 2020 - Executive Director of Finance in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is amazing and you work in an industry that helps people smile. During the whole shutdown/reopen we worked together to do what was best for the employees, patients, and the company. Including adding S3. We were always a S3 company, and now we have documented principles of what it is.

Cons

no 401k match is offered

5. 5.0

S3 IN THE HOUSE-SAFE SMILE SPACE

Nov 5, 2020 - Director of Operations in Tampa, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

A true team where we support each other. A culture like no other company I've ever worked at.

Cons

401K match would be great, but understand this impacts financial health of company

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good company, good people!

Sep 29, 2020 - Database Report Writer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good, motivated employees/co-workers; good management; pretty good benefits. Employees collaborate very well in my experience. Yearly bonus potential and merit increases are nice as well. Remote work opportunities seem better than other companies I've worked for.

Cons

There is no 401K matching; communication in general could be a little better.

7. 5.0

Smiles Everyday

Oct 9, 2020 - Office Manager in Fort Worth, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful and supportive leadership Patient care with safety first smiles Medical, dental, vision benefits with options for disability and life insurance, paid holidays, PTO and bonuses Career opportunities Amazing co workers Excellent culture

Cons

No 401K match available at this time

Human Resources

Thank you, for your review and feedback. We are thankful for your 8 years of partnership with the organization and very glad to hear you still enjoy working with Smile Brands!

8. 5.0

Great company

Oct 7, 2020 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Gresham, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely flexible, respected as a provider, awesome team, strict covid policies which provides a safe space and comfort going to work. Excellent PPE. Offers everything you need and more. Diverse. Supportive staff is great.

Cons

Only thing is there is no 401k match

Human Resources

Thank you, for your 8 years of partnership with Smile Brands, and helping us create Smiles for Everyone! We are so glad to hear that the additional protocols put in place for COVID safety make you feel safe, and also that you are able to utilize the PPE that the leadership and procurement team have worked so hard to secure for the offices. We appreciate you and your team!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Smile Brands is a workplace of relational integrity

Jul 12, 2019 - Data Engineer in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

On the day of my interview at Smile Brands over a year ago, I noticed something distinctive about this company within the first moments of my arrival. As I passed through the corporate office area on my way to interview with the hiring manager, my attention was drawn to how everyone interacted with each other in greetings, smiles, eye contact, ease of dialog, and body language among a few. My interview started and within 10 minutes, I asked the hiring manager about what I observed “what has influenced the office culture this way? I am pleasantly surprised and would love to work here!” He immediately replied “oh, that culture comes right from our CEO. He wants everyone to treat each other like we treat our patients, with the same respect, care and honor”. I was hired the next day, and have loved working at Smile Brands since. A culture of relational integrity and honor is hard to foster in any company, but Steve has really brought us a gift of great value in the way we are able to flourish in our jobs, giving favor to each other, but also in what we take home to our families each day.

Cons

401k match goes a long, long way, even if it's small, or partial or incremental match with tenure, anything would be better.

Employee Engagement Team

What a great story! Thank you for the feedback!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company

Oct 26, 2020 - Executive Office Manager in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, lots of opportunities for growth

Cons

They do not match 401k and insurance is expensive

Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Reviews