KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Smile Brands Employee Reviews about "paper charts"

Updated Nov 18, 2020

Found 30 of over 1,240 reviews

4.4
Smile Brands CEO Steven C. Bilt
Steven C. Bilt
Pros
  • "Great support system from corporate to District Regional Management to Doctors(in 87 reviews)

• "They also provide great benefits(in 65 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No 401K match and/or retirement plan(in 37 reviews)

• "Use of paper charts rather than being completely digital(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Smile Brands and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "paper charts"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great company!

Nov 18, 2020 - Registered Dental Assistant in Lewisville, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits Good people to work with Flexible schedule for patients and employees as well Using high quality materials for patients

Cons

Still using paper charts Not matching 401k

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Top Notch Company

Oct 20, 2020 - General Dentist in Westminster, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smile Brands is one of the best dental companies to work for in both private and corporate settings. There are many positive aspects to working here. My top three reasons; 1. Complete autonomy: I enjoying knowing that when I make a treatment plan for my patients that plan is made between me and the patient. 2. Support: from upper management to specialist in the office are there to help solve problems, work on cases and help me grow in the areas I desire. 3. The company creates outreach programs to give back to the community and they even give back globally. In the recent issues that have hit the world I could not imagine working for a more supportive company. From the CEO and all the work he put into making sure we had all the proper PPEs and safety protocols to my local team, our office are the safest place to work. The employee's and patient's safety has been the highest priority since returning to work during this pandemic.

Cons

No company is prefect but for me there are not too many cons for me to list. The one thing that comes to mind is we still use paper charts. However, it was an easy adjustment from when I started.

3 people found this review helpful

Senior VP, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to highlight your experience as we work very hard to support every dentist and their Teams. We know that these are not ordinary times but the positive outlook you've shared makes it easier to navigate through. S3 has been a platform widely adopted by everyone and we will continue to keep you and your peers and colleagues safe.

3. 4.0

Smile Brands is a Good Place to Work At

Oct 28, 2020 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Corona, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good work environment, most of the employees here come from other companies and stick here for decades. - Decent benefits plans providing several healthcare plan options. Provides other insurances like vision, life insurance, and other types. Also has 401K - Corporate management does try to help office fulfill problems, attempts to cooperate with office and employees.

Cons

- Paper charts, company needs to implement an electronic patient records system. Front office needs a more modern patient scheduling and billings system. It looks like it is designed and functions from late 90s to 2000s. - Pay scale is on low end, about $2-5 per hour less than average pay for the region. After working two years with company, yet to receive work review or even discussion of wage increase. - Some dental equipment can be older and needs upgrading or replacement. Varies office to office, some equipment is constantly breaking or in repair. PC and IT tech need an update with use of older PCs, monitors, and equipment and some constantly causing problems. - Patient scheduling it constantly fluctuating, varying from really slow to break neck speed. - Vacation or sick time accumulated is very low, both are combined. You do get some working part time but go to full time the rate is the same, approximately 14 off a year. If you get sick for an entire week that is 5 days gone, you can take about 9 days off for vacation or sick leave.

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave your well thought-out review. I appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback - I'll be sharing your insights on equipment with our executive team.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Oct 6, 2020 - Office Manager in Salem, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a new employee I have been provided the tools to succeed. I have the support from the leadership staff and upper management. I have been provided training for what is expected of my daily responsibility. I am grateful the company has provided updates on the Covid -19 and has taken steps to ensure everyone's safety. I feel supported by the company and my team at the clinic. There is tons of support systems in place from IT, facilities, HR , etc to support you.

Cons

Working on paper charts is a new experience for me. It an adjustment it not a deal breaker. I hear paper should be going away in the future.

Human Resources Business Partner

I appreciate the detailed feedback that you've left and am happy to hear that you've felt supported while you onboarded as a new manager. You provided some helpful and creative points of advice that I'd like to share with the leadership team. If you have any other ideas, please be sure to share them with us at WeCare@smilebrands.com!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Culture and Best Practices

Nov 2, 2020 - Lead Dentist in San Marcos, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant support around administrative and operational duties. Allowing the doctor's the ability to focus strictly on the clinical aspect of the practice to maximize the potential to service each patient. Also during the pandemic Smile Brands was able to provide a safe and secure work environment, not only protecting the Doctors and staff but also providing reassurance to our patients that they are in a safe space.

Cons

Paper charts and practice management system a little outdated

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Decent DSO to work for so far

Oct 15, 2020 - Dentist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have only worked at this office for ~2.5 months. The office I work at is newly built so is in great condition including all the equipment, instruments, etc. I love my team (but this might depend on which office you work at). Different specialists within company comes by once a month usually (patients like that they don't have to go elsewhere). Good NP flow.

Cons

Things are not digital (paper charts, impressions only- no scanning). Since it is a corp, somethings are out of your control (ordering, staffing, clinic hour requirement, etc). There is a call center that has control over part of your schedule (can be pro or con).

7. 5.0

Great

Oct 23, 2020 - Registered Dental Hygienist in Costa Mesa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team oriented atmosphere. Attention to infection control, especially during the pandemic by making sure we were properly supplied with adequate PPE’s consistent with CDC guidelines.

Cons

Use of paper charts rather than being completely digital. However the radiographs are digital, which is a huge plus!

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Business Partner

Thank you for taking time to leave a review. Safety for both staff and patients is our priority and we love to see that you've seen the Safe.Smile.Space platform at work in your office with proper infection control and PPE.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Partnerships Creating Smiles For Everyone - Latecia, our HR Manager, represents this every day!

Aug 5, 2019 - Director of Market Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have the pleasure of partnering with our Human Resource Manager Latecia. She is a positive voice of encouragement to our team members as well as helping us to build our training programs within the market. Latecia not only has her education and background in HR but she knows what it is like in operations as she grew from a chair side DA to our HR Manager for all of Texas! She is a great communicator and connects with every single individual she meets. She has built long lasting and trusting relationships with all. Latecia is a guiding light to both field operations and the office teams. Latecia has visited our market to spend time training with the Office Manager team to teach best practices around team building, code of conduct, and situational coaching. She is able to help teach us different strategies with problem solving and conflict management. It is an honor and a pleasure to work with Latecia. Smile Brands creates a culture where you can truly voice your ideas and strategies as well as have the support to implement them. They have created a culture of Failing Forward, which allows everyone to trust and encouragement to really think outside of the box! Unified support Unwavering encouragement Forward thinking atmosphere

Cons

I would have said having paper charts but our leaders heard our voice and we are now going to electronic charts!!!

Employee Engagement Team

We sent this over to Latecia and she was very appreciative of this review! Thank you for helping us bring Smiles for Everyone!!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company to work for!

Oct 22, 2020 - Orthodontic Coordinator in Pasadena, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

All the support from upper management is appreciated.

Cons

The use of paper charts.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Oct 20, 2020 - General Dentist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team that offers solid benefits and clinical autonomy

Cons

Uses Paper charts for health records

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews