Smile Direct Club Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2020

3.4
Smile Direct Club CEO David Katzman  (no image)
David Katzman
Pros
  • "Work- life balance is great compared to other places(in 33 reviews)

• "Pay is good, 12 hour shifts are the best because you get ALOT of days off(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "SDC can be fast-paced at times, which some individuals may not prefer(in 21 reviews)

• "Work/life balance can be hard to control with all of the changes constantly happening within this start-up business(in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The Job responsible for changing my life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best people I have worked with in my career without a doubt, Supportive and friendly. There is lots of room for personal growth and many opportunities to be had. SmileDirectClub has restored my faith in having a good employer, They will listen to your needs, your ideas and problems.

Cons

SmileDirectClub is a fast paced business, for myself this is not a negative but for those that wish to join be prepared to be apart of an innovative and ever changing environment as we are in the business of changing lives!

February 25, 2020Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We love seeing this and couldn't spread smiles without you! Keep on smiling!

2. "Love it!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment, pays really well for literally any role in the company, open door policy.

Cons

Things change in the company all the time and it can be a pain sometimes.

June 18, 2020Team Member

We love seeing this! THank you for sharing your feedback with us - we couldn't spread smiles without you!

"Good company but they will go with the cheaper option"

I worked at Smile Direct Club full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company and flexible, cool place to work made a ton of friends

Cons

Upper management rarely knows what you do but they tell you what they want. They will always choose to keep the cheaper people employed over the experienced ones who have been there 4+ years and trained all the people they keep.

4. "It’s ok"

Current Employee - Smile Guide in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time

Pros

The perks are good pay is good

Cons

Quick turn over. Some not enough to do

June 29, 2020Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to see that you feel valued and rewarded as we couldn't spread smiles without you. We want all Team Members to love working at SDC and we would welcome the chance to connect with you to learn more about how we can continue to improve. Please feel free to reach out to your People and Organization Business Partner or you can send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com to talk through any ideas that you may have.

5. "Changing Lives one smile at a time."

Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time

Pros

Positive, Fun place to work. Super rewarding job , we truly impact our customers lives.

Cons

Customer Care needs to reflect the same service as in shop.

June 5, 2020Team Member

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We couldn't spread smiles without you! Keep on smiling!

6. COVID-19

"Run."

Current Employee - HQ Team Member in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your colleagues will be ambitious and hard-working. The pay is good. Neither make it worth it.

Cons

The company has a reputation for instability and irresponsible growth, and, after watching so many of my intelligent, hard-working colleagues get fired or laid off, I feel I need to leave a review so others avoid that same fate. If you're tempted to take a job at SmileDirect HQ, try reaching out to a few people on Linked In of Facebook who were there for around a year. Ask them why they left. I wish I had done the same. Instead, I battle with my conscience, constantly surprised by a company that puts sales and egos before people (its customers and employees both), and am looking for a new job, as are so many of my co-workers (those who have survived the many rounds of lay offs, even well before COVID hit). There is a lot of talk about right sizing the ship but marketing and legal spending seem out of control and people express being consistently burned out and afraid of being fired.

"SDC used to write fake positive reviews"

2.0
    Former Employee - Retail Manager

I worked at Smile Direct Club full-time

Pros

They might still do it but while I worked there they had a TEAM who monitored this stuff as a cover for some dirty work. People talked in whispers that they at one time knew leadership asked people to create fake Good reviews ...

Cons

Dont work here ever. There is nothing legitimate about this company. They have scary and backwards leadership. They post fake reviews. The aligners are dangerous. They will likely try to take this down.

June 24, 2020Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. After reviewing your feedback, we would welcome the chance to connect with you as there seems to have been some misunderstanding. SDC and our affiliated network of dentists and orthodontists are committed to access to oral care that is safe and efficacious for all. You can be assured that clear aligner therapy is a safe, low-risk procedure . Please send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com if you are open to connecting with us.

"There is nothing positive at SDC"

Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Smile Direct Club

Pros

There arnt 5 nice words you can say about a place like this.

Cons

Where to start. It’s painfully clear to everyone that management doesn’t care about the employees or customers only about the all mighty dollar. I truly hope the stock price keeps falling until this business has to shut its doors. It’s hilarious you have to keep sending emails about what employees post on social media. Guess you don’t want it getting out that even we hate SDC. The only thing falling faster than our stock price are the teeth of our customers falling out after using our scam technology.

June 24, 2020Team Member

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. In reviewing your comments, we would welcome the chance to connect with you directly so that we can share more with you. Our Club Members’ safety is our top priority and you can be assured that clear aligner therapy is a safe, low-risk procedure . Treatment is doctor-prescribed, doctor-directed, doctor-managed the whole way through. Please reach out to your People and Organization Business Partner or send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com so that we can talk through your feedback together.

9. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Care

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, team centered, help is given when needed

Cons

Lack of transparency, they tell you what you want to hear in order to better their positions needed

May 29, 2020Team Member

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are happy to see that you enjoy working with us and feel supported by leadership. If you would be open to speaking us, we would welcome the opportunity to gain your feedback on how we can improve our communication efforts to team members. Please reach out to your People and Organization Business Partner or send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

"Don't Work Here"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

Helping customer achieve a new smile and other teammates.

Cons

Company and higher leadership only care about money. They operate under the guise of "we change lives through smiles", however, they make our lives more difficult, yell at us on national manager calls and are not transparent (despite them saying they are very transparent).

June 12, 2020Team Member

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We value your candid feedback as we always want to be improving . In reviewing your comments, it feels like that there may have been a miscommunication along the way and would greatly like to speak with you to talk through your concerns together. If you are comfortable speaking with us, please send us an email at peoplesupport@smildirectclub.com. You can also reach out to your People and Organization Business Partner.

Found 451 reviews