Smile Direct Club Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 291 reviews

3.9
David Katzman
Pros
Cons
  • "It is incredibly fast paced environment which can be overwhelming for some(in 14 reviews)

• "Work / Life balance at times can be challenging(in 10 reviews)

1. "Over the moon with SDC!"

Current Employee - SmileGuide in Boston, MA

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time

Pros

Words cannot express how much I love working for this company. Since day 1 SDC has exceeded my expectations, from the onboarding process to training, to joining an innovative team that foster a system of support. The company also leans to promoting from within and that's a huge plus given that I see so many people getting promoted left and right. My favorite part however, is being able to represent the company when engaging...

Cons

The only thing that falls short sometime is communication. The company is growing incredibly fast and there's times when not all the updates and implementations get reported immediately. However, I can see how much effort the company is making to cover their bases and they have an outstanding team.

Advice to Management

I would recommend sharing with SmileGuides information that is customer-facing such as promos, email samples, discount codes that might be active etc. There's been times when the customer knows more about a promotion than I do (even though I read all of the news letters and trainings) and it can be a tad embarrassing.

Smile Direct Club2019-06-05

June 7, 2019SmileDirectClub

We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our team members are essential, and we couldn’t spread the smiles without you!

2. "BEST career move! LOVE SDC!"

Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rapidly growing, AMAZING culture, endless opportunities for growth! Consistently promoting from within!

Cons

Change is constant and we move at the speed of light, so you must be adaptable!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and encourage a positive culture. This is what makes SDC so special!

Smile Direct Club2019-06-05

June 7, 2019SmileDirectClub

We’re glad you have had a great experience working at SmileDirectClub! Every single team member contributes to the overall success of the company.

3. "Making an Impact Every Day"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Making a positive impact on the lives on customers everyday and seeing that impact on a regular basis. * Opportunity to develop and grow in your career. * Super fun culture and intentional development and care for team member engagement.

Cons

* Fast pace of growth. * Change is expected, so we adapt and flow with it. * Benefits are not stellar.

Advice to Management

* Watch out for burn out. Build a solid bench so the culture can support the growth.

May 31, 2019Specialist

4. "Best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Shop Manager

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture and Values, Work/Life Balance, Compensation

Cons

Take work home, must use personal cell phone for work communication

Advice to Management

Please continue to invest in your people! I value our company, customers and our culture.

May 31, 2019Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive, and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete!

5. "Great company that focuses on always growing"

Current Employee - Smile Guide in Waco, TX

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for less than a year

Pros

Travel, opportunities, pay, training is awesome.

Cons

Would prefer to work 40 hour weeks always

May 31, 2019Specialist

We appreciate your thoughtful words. The best way we can help support our customers is by supporting our team members first.

6. "review"

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for less than a year

Pros

-great hourly pay - not much micro-managing - flexible work schedule - Open on weekends, so if you are a student or have other commitment during the week this is a good job. - You get one on one customer service, and you get to meet a lot of amazing people - You get to change a lot of smiles, especially for those that cannot afford traditional braces - There is room to grow if you plan on staying with the company...

Cons

- very number and sale oriented, which can put a lot of pressure on the individual - this is not a traditional dental assistant position( not necessarily a cons), since there is no dentist to assist. This is more of a sales position.

May 31, 2019Specialist

Thank you for leaving us this feedback. We strive to make our job descriptions as clear as possible and hope that our training provide clarity as well. We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our team members are essential, and we couldn’t spread the smiles without ...

7. "Mehhh"

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time

Pros

Benefits/pay are good & the office is neat.

Cons

Parking/ long hours, you have to pay to park.

Advice to Management

Provide parking

Smile Direct Club2019-06-13

June 14, 2019Team Member

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We’re happy to hear that you enjoy the office environment . We take feedback to heart and we recently offered some updated parking benefits to support our team members. Please reach out to your P&O Business Partner to learn more.

• "Basically a sales position"

Current Employee - Smile Guide

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time

Pros

Better starting pay than other dental assisting jobs

Cons

Hard to get a raise

May 31, 2019Specialist

We truly appreciate you sharing your experience. Please know that our People & Organization team is always available to meet and discuss any ideas or improvements you may have. Best, Madison

• "Very fun and motivating!"

Current Employee - SmileGuide

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment! This company is always evolving and I love getting to be a part of it. We are always striving to give the customer the confident smile that they want and I love that.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I wouldn't suggest to a fellow job seeker.

Smile Direct Club2019-05-25

• "Review"

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Smile Direct Club full-time for less than a year

Pros

-great pay - can enroll for benefits

Cons

-cares way too much about sales

Advice to Management

- more encouragement

Smile Direct Club2019-05-24

May 31, 2019Specialist

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share feedback with us about your experience!

Found 291 reviews