Smith Hanley Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Smith Hanley Associates CEO Tom Hanley
Tom Hanley
  1. Featured Review

"Good company and Good People"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Good commission structure, hard work is rewarded, entrpreneurial work environment, Management allows for alot of employee freedom but they are also very supportive and helpful. Knowledgable colleagues and unlimited earning potential!!

Cons

Being a niche recruiter can feel a bit lonely sometimes as everyone has their own very specific niche that they service. But if you enjoy working on your own its a top notch place to do it!

Smith Hanley Associates2018-07-17
  2. "Top notch recruiting firm"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Great place to be for an entrepreneurial mindset. Generous commission structures, with well tenured management who are great mentors to learn the business. Small but mighty team in Chicago who is very self-sufficient.

Cons

Not for those who need an immense amount of hand holding to succeed

Smith Hanley Associates2018-07-17
  3. "Smith Hanley is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Southport, CT

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Honest hardworking colleagues and a supportive work environment

Cons

none that impact my day to day work

Advice to Management

expand recruiting practices to more niches

Smith Hanley Associates2018-07-12
  4. "Principal, Practice Leader, Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southport, CT

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Great place to work. As a recruiter, Smith Hanley Associates provides you the opportunity to have your own 'niche' area. You have the relationships with both sides of the desk-client and candidate- which is fabulous!! Smith Hanley Associates office location is GREAT - easy access from I-95 and Metro North. They have flex time to accommodate commuting time.

Cons

I don't have any negatives for Smith Hanley Associates

Advice to Management

Keep what you are doing-- it works!!

Smith Hanley Associates2018-07-11
  5. "Director of Online Marketing"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Stellar group of seasoned recruiters. Always timely with feedback and staying on your radar.

Cons

More volume of open roles

Advice to Management

Increase the amount of Senior level marketing roles.

Smith Hanley Associates2018-03-20
  6. "Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Southport, CT

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

This is the best place I have ever worked! They foster a caring and collaborative work environment that sets you up for success! I now have my dream job...

Cons

There is nothing worth writing about.

Smith Hanley Associates2018-02-13
  7. "Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

-Good W/L balance -Good office culture -No micromanagement -Clearly defined territory and plan -Good incentive structure -Great reputation and long lasting relationships

Cons

-Flat organizational structure -High advertising costs in the recruiting business

Advice to Management

-Recognize the challenges facing the industry

Smith Hanley Associates2018-02-13
  8. "Recruiter Nikki"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is an amazing recruiting company with decades' experience and specializes in pharma and healthcare industry. The recruiter I worked with (Nikki) has lots of experience, connections, and patience. I'm very satisfied with the current position. As this is a narrow field, highly specialized talents may have a hard time to find a perfect match. Companies with highly specialized positions are in similar situation. With...

Cons

Not any I can think of.

Advice to Management

Very nice job.

Smith Hanley Associates2018-01-29

February 9, 2018Managing Director

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad your utilization of our recruiting services has been going so well!

9. "Applicant for a position"

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates

Pros

Contact with recruiter while "top candidate for position"

Cons

Was not selected for position with a client they where recruiting for. New opportunity-no response with new job posting after several emails. No review of material presented at interview, this allowed no support to "per interview" questions... No prep from recruiter that was so excited about my fit with this top company

Advice to Management

Make sure recruiters Are preping clients, reviewing material and if they are no selected, that doesn't mean the client should should be no longer qualified for future positions and not even communicates with when asking about a different posting. Feels like recruiter didn't make money on my hire so now just not good enough at all for anything

Smith Hanley Associates2017-10-01

October 6, 2017Managing Director

I am so sorry you had a poor experience in the interview process with our firm. Feel free to contact me directly and I can follow up to see where we dropped the ball in continuing to work with you in your job search. Jacque Paige, owner, jpaige@smithhanley.com

• "Great place to work! Excellent reputation in the industry"

I have been working at Smith Hanley Associates full-time

Pros

Good support from management to be successful Work/ life balance valued Excellent reputation in the industry

Cons

Dynamic industry environment, must always be ahead of the curve - not necessarily a con - you do need to bring your A game everyday

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to be proactive in determining innovative ideas to continue to grow.

Smith Hanley Associates2017-09-05

September 8, 2017Managing Director

Thank you! Yes, looking for opportunities for our current recruiters and new recruiters to grow our business is always a priority.

Found 31 reviews