KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

93% Recommend to a Friend
98% Approve of CEO

Found 97 of over 123 reviews

4.6
Smith.ai CoFounder Aaron Lee (no image)
Aaron Lee

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Offering better pay may encourage productivity, better attendance, and retain better employees.(in 8 reviews)
  • "No benefits due to freelance status(in 8 reviews)
  • "• There is no actual training.(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Excellent Employer

Jul 20, 2022 - Virtual Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for about a month. I am still in training. I cannot speak more highly about Smith.ai! I have never worked for a company where the management is more caring or attentive to their employees. The morale is amazing and even though it is a remote environment, there are many avenues to get to know your coworkers! The job itself is challenging at first and fast paced, but there are so many people and resources to help. After a few days of taking calls, it gets so much easier! So far, I don't have a single negative experience with this job!

Cons

Nothing! I get to work from home at a job that pays fair for the work and keeps me challenged.

Smith.ai Response

Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do. We appreciate hearing about your experience here at Smith.ai and how much you enjoyed working with us. We encourage you to continue to reach out to the team if you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve.

2. 4.0

Great culture, flexible schedule

May 26, 2022 - Agent/Virtual Receptionist in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive Culture. Tedious and repetitive tasks at times, but they are working on efficiency every day. There is no pressure to be perfect. There is constant communication with upper management about updates and improving the workflow.

Cons

Health benefits aren't expensive, but they're not top tier either. The bar is set low, so it can be easy for someone to automatically qualify for benefits by picking up an extra shift. This is either a good or bad thing depending on your goals.

3. 5.0

A new and different way

May 3, 2022 - Virtual Receptionist in Waterville, ME
    Business Outlook

Pros

growth possibilities, flexibility in scheduling, management support

Cons

I haven't found any yet

4. 5.0

Promising start up

Apr 20, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

The systems aren’t the most efficient but there is a lot of room for growth and improvement

Cons

Disorganized systems can cause confusion and disarray

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Experience and a Great Company to work for!

Apr 13, 2022 - Virtual Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, a GREAT team, all the support you need, competitive pay, work from home, availability in multiple countries, bonus if you are bilingual, the calls vary to keep it challenging and interesting!

Cons

You must maintain a quiet, distraction-free environment, and test your internet speed daily prior to your shift. you use your own computer/equipment.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Smith.ai Response

Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do. We appreciate hearing about your experience here at Smith.ai and how much you enjoyed working with us. We have had some pretty amazing growth this past year and we appreciate our team sticking with us as we navigate those growing pains. We encourage you to continue to reach out to the team if you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Apr 5, 2022 - Receptionist in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good nice easy kind environment

Cons

The pay rate is still law.

Be the first to find this review helpful

7. 4.0

Flexible Schedule

Apr 7, 2022 - Virtual Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are able to create your own schedule and work from home. There is a healthy work-life balance. Unlike most WFH jobs, you can work anywhere with a private work area and a private reliable internet connection, which is great if you like to travel! It is a low-stress environment once you get the hang of everything.

Cons

The pay could be better and if you work more than 40+ hours, you do not receive time and a half pay, which is unusual where I live. Also, you are required to meet with your managers outside of your regular work hours. You do receive pay for that time but it is quite inconvenient. Training is not very thorough and most of your real training is done on-the-job.

3 people found this review helpful

Smith.ai Response

Thank you for writing a review for Smith.ai. We are a company built on continuously utilizing feedback to integrate improvements, provide a better service, and create a culture our agents love. Communication is vital for us, and we highly value open communication and transparency in everything we do. We respect that this is an anonymous process but we care how our program affects anyone and everyone working with Smith.ai whether that be positive or negative. Regarding your comments about training, we have restructured our interview and training process to give a more hands-on experience for potential employees. Our new interview process consists of a 2-day Evaluation Interview where candidates are evaluated on mock calls. This gives potential candidates more insight about the position to know if our company would be a good fit for them and us. In regards to payments for working over 40 hours, we make every effort to observe overtime laws where they apply for each team member’s local jurisdiction and for the type of working relationship we have with the team members. If you have concerns about your payments, please contact our payment processing team as soon as possible so we may investigate.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The culture here is truly amazing!

Mar 2, 2022 - Virtual Receptionist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Smith.ai for several months and my experience here has been really positive. Everyone is super kind and supportive and even though it is a work from home job, you never feel alone. If you ever have any questions or concerns someone is always there to help you. I also love being able to work from home and having a flexible schedule. I would absolutely recommend Smith.ai to anyone who is looking for a work from home job, they genuinely care about their employees.

Cons

The only con I would say is that it can get a little stressful sometimes when there is a high call out volume and therefore you get back to back calls at times. However, I do know that management is aware of this and has been working on it which is great!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Job I've Ever Had!!!

Mar 3, 2022 - Virtual Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a wonderful environment. You take interesting calls, so you are never bored, and you have tons of support. Everyone sets you up to succeed!

Cons

The only con I can think of is not knowing any coworkers face to face, as it is a virtual environment. However, it is still possible to have close relationships.

10. 5.0

Amazing Opportunities

Feb 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is so wildly inclusive and truly celebrates any/everyone. Being a working mom is hard and Smith has been nothing but supportive of my rampaging toddler in the middle of company meetings. They truly care about you as a person and the opportunities for growth are countless. They just recently revamped their entire payroll system to ensure everyone is paid a fair wage which is huge. And finally, being able to work remotely during a pandemic has been nothing short of a blessing.

Cons

I genuinely can't think of any. With any start up there are hiccups, but Smith is always wholly transparent and works hard to accommodate their clients and employees.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 97 Reviews
</>Embed

Smith.ai Reviews FAQs

Smith.ai has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 123 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Smith.ai to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Smith.ai employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Smith.ai. This rating has improved by 21% over the last 12 months.

93% of Smith.ai employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Smith.ai 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Smith.ai to be culture, management, career development and the cons to be benefits .

Popular Careers with Smith.ai Job Seekers