Smith.ai Reviews | Glassdoor

Aaron Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Smith.ai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smith.ai really has a family like atmosphere. Granted, you work remotely, and likely have not met your co-workers in person, the ability to connect and relate with so many individuals is amazing. The owners, Justin & Aaron are actively involved and communicate regularly with the team. They constantly searching for feedback on things that can improve, and that says a lot about who they are and the company they run. There are numerous roles that you can take on to advance your career. The team is constantly growing and new positions are frequently formed to fit the needs of both the company and the employees. If you want to work for a company where your voice is heard and you can make a difference, where you are able to grow both professionally, and personally, then Smith.ai is just what you are looking for.

Cons

Smith.ai is still a young company, with that comes growing pains of course. Things are constantly changing as the company finds new and better ways to operate. New policies are implemented regularly to keep up with the ever growing team. The work environment is fast paced, if you do not work well under pressure, you likely will not be a good fit. There are days when stress levels are very high, customers are rude and co-workers aren't the friendliest (but hey, you work remotely so you don't have to get dressed to leave the house ;))
    You get Holiday's off, but they are not paid which can lead to a smaller than normal paycheck, overtime is not permitted.
    Pay is reasonable considering you are working from home, you aren't putting gas in your car and you won't need a new wardrobe- however it is on the lower side when you look across the board at what others in similar positions are paid.

Advice to Management

Keep.It.Up.
    Continue to seek out advice and feedback from the team, and continue being awesome. Your hard work does not go un-noticed. You ALL seriously make Smith a better place to work. Thank you.

"This is the kind of culture you want to work in."

Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist

I have been working at Smith.ai part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can really tailor your hours to fit your own schedule. Keeping in mind that this is a place of work, so you do need to work when there. One of the things that sticks out about Smith.ai is that the founders and management team of the company stay involved and work as a one to excels. This is done with everyone, at all levels, to make sure employee concerns are heard and better processes are put in place. I do not think you will find a workplace that has as good as an atmosphere as Smith.ai

Cons

You do need to keep up with a fast paced environment and be prepared to spend a little money on equipment such as headsets or other computer accessories. You also need to maintain a quiet workspace as one of the selling points for Smith.ai is how agents are in a quiet "office" when taking calls. They are regularly bringing on new clients, so you must be good at adapting to changes and following instructions.

Advice to Management

Just keep making everyone a priority. From the little guy to top dog. Listening to questions and concerns makes this such an amazing place to work. Y'all are wonderful and I am so thankful I get to work with such an amazing company.

"Really, really great opportunity."

Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist

I have been working at Smith.ai part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The owners, Justin & Aaron, are the two most down-to-earth bosses you could ever possibly work for.
    - You do not have to work most holidays, and never on Friday or Saturday!
    - For a remote position, you will feel very socially connected to your co-workers. The guys/gals at Smith.ai are really nice people.
    - There are a lot of different positions to work towards within the company, so there certainly is room for growth.
    - The attendance policy is VERY fair. Smith.ai is a family-oriented company who understands that things come up. As long as you're responsible and openly communicate these issues, they're very understanding.

Cons

There really is not a 'con' of working for Smith.ai. I would just mention that:
    - You do not get any PTO
    - You will take A LOT of calls
    - You need to be able to take constructive criticism. You are expected to own up to your errors and learn from them. This can be difficult if you're overly sensitive.

Advice to Management

There are few companies that genuinely care about their business AND their employees. Keep it up - it really makes a world of difference.

4. "The Best Company I have ever had the pleasure of working for, hands down!"

Current Employee - Receptionist, Team Leader, Support Team in Tallassee, AL
    Current Employee - Receptionist, Team Leader, Support Team in Tallassee, AL

I have been working at Smith.ai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been an employee of Smith for a year and I absolutely love my job and the people that I work with/for. We are all one big family and you never have to worry about not getting the help that you need. We have such a supportive management team that is always there for you in times of need. Smith also recognizes the importance of FAMILY, and if there is ever an unforeseen circumstance, the team pulls together to support the agent in need with no questions asked.

Cons

There is a very high call volume at times so you need to be able to work in a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You are all amazing and I appreciate you!

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Smith.ai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started Smith.ai, I was just looking for something part time to bring in extra income. Finding a job outside of the house was not an option, as daycare is too expensive. I quickly fell in love with the job and the company. In less than 2 years, I have taken on many roles and responsibilities. The growth of Smith.ai has been amazing! The co-founders are fantastic to work for, and are always open to feedback.

My favorite part about this job is the atmosphere. Smith.ai provides a family oriented culture and strives to make sure everyone feels welcome! I have development some of the best friendships from working here. That is huge for me, especially being a "stay at home mom" with very little adult interaction other than work.

Cons

None at this time

"Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Smith.ai part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smith is amazing! We have a great team and great training. The ability to work from home is great!

Cons

We are very quick paced and there are a lot of different company's that we answer the phones for. If you are a people person, and a fast learner this job is for you!

"Amazing opportunity"

Current Employee - Receptionist/Support Team in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Receptionist/Support Team in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Smith.ai part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Smith.ai when it was much smaller, and had the expierence of growing with the company. The owners have always been involved, receptive to advice from everyone, and considerate in implementing the changes that come with a growing business. The teams are always looking to be helpful and supportive, and listen to the receptionists concerns. This job has allowed me to work from home for a couple years now, allowing me to be able to spend more time with my family. The pay is fair, and deposited weekly with taxes taken out for us (they just gave out W2's) and benefits available.

Cons

The only con there was, was by being freelancers we had to pay our own taxes. Now that has changed and also they added benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep on staying involved, it is very appreciated!

"Misleading and Counterproductive."

I worked at Smith.ai full-time

Pros

Work from home. Paid weekly. The callers are nice.

Cons

Not a real job. They do not operate under logical thinking and are extremely counter productive. You would think taking phone messages would be easy (and it is). This company thinks they are reinventing the wheel however. Most jobs have a set of guidelines that are consistent, not this company. If you get one tiny thing wrong they will berate you non stop and speak to you like you aren't smart enough to read their forever changing irrational instructions.

Their support agents nag endlessly like a mother who tells their children to clean their rooms (while they are in the middle of cleaning their rooms). They will tell you that they are easy going however they are not. Do not get comfortable at this place.

Advice to Management

Drop the ruthless micromanagement style.

"Family-like virtual office setting"

Former Employee - Virtual Receptionist in Minot AFB, ND
    Former Employee - Virtual Receptionist in Minot AFB, ND

I worked at Smith.ai part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for Smith.ai from home for roughly 7 months. I received one very thorough week of training and one following week of being shadowed on calls. Smith.ai is always growing and there are always opportunities to grow with the company. Through out all the changes in support staff, training staff, and team leads, I always knew I could count on one of Smith's many talented co-workers to assist me. Smith.ai is very fair and understanding. I liked the flexibility of being able to work my set hours and pick up extra hours as they became available. Management always has an open door policy. That's including with the owners, Aaron and Justin who were always fantastic and on top of server glitches (few they were but fixed right way). I never felt left in the dark nor unable to do my job to the best of my ability. I feel that working for Smith.ai helped me grow more in my work experience and customer service skills.

Cons

If you don't have the right headset, this can be a con. It's hard to do your job when your head set is too powerful for your laptop or your wifi isn't as fast as being hardwired. I ended up resolving my tech issues and everything worked out great. The other con, like with any customer-service type job, occassionally we wi=ould receive abusive callers. You know, the ones with the poor choice of insulting accusations and slander. However, Smith.ai has a zero tolerance policy for those types of callers, so once it happens once, you won't ever have to speak to that particular caller again.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Encouragement, honest feedback, a humorous constructive criticism.

"Great & Flexible Company!!"

Former Employee - Virtual Receptionist
    Former Employee - Virtual Receptionist

I worked at Smith.ai part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The whole leadership team at Smith is amazing. They are really great with working with you and are flexible when you need them to be! They provide really great training so you feel super prepared when you start taking calls on your own. The company is constantly looking for ways to improve and because of that, employees are able to provide excellent customer service. Smith has an open door policy, so if there is anything that you feel can be improved, you can voice it and they WILL listen. At Smith, there are many opportunities for growth and although you don't physically meet your co-workers, it is a great work environment. My time with Smith was not long due to personal reasons at home, but I was very happy and pleased during my time there and would recommend it to anyone looking into the company!

Cons

None, I enjoyed working for the company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for the opportunity.