Smith.ai Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Virtual Receptionist"

Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Virtual Receptionist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Smith.ai part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are part of a wonderful family that protects its members, makes everyone feel included, valued and appreciated.

Cons

There are absolutely no cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

It is so rare to have the owners of the company talk, joke, and interact with their employees as equals rather than a “I’m the owner so I’m too good for you” attitude that’s basically everywhere, that I hope no matter how big the company gets, you keep that attitude. Jason and Aaron you guys are unique. What you’ve created in the environment alone is priceless and I am so blessed to have been a part of it. I wish you all so much love and success. The ladies that are leading every day, Joelle, Coralyn, Cheryl, Yvonne, Brittany.... they’re your dream team.

2. "Engineering Manager"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Smith.ai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smith.ai is a small company with a fast iteration cycle. The goal is to help small and medium businesses with communication tools that empower them in their relationships with their customers. The learning opportunities are countless for any member of the team and specifically for an engineering it's a great opportunity to build a great product end to end that solves real people needs. Get ready to get feedback from real users and to pivot your product towards their need. Smith is able to do that in a daily basis without losing any focus in the long term vision.

As a full time team member you can enjoy some perks like great health insurance, daily team lunches in nice restaurants in Palo Alto, Caltrain pass, paid time off and much more.

Another great thing is the policy to help people grow into bigger roles instead of bringing people with more management experience but less understanding of the company culture and mission.

Cons

One of the main advantages that a startup has is speed of execution and some times that means taking the right compromises in order to achieve the goals.

Also get ready to propose ideas all the time and defend them in a room full of smart people. You may not feel super comfortable but this is an invaluable growing opportunity.

"Fast-paced remote position with an in-person office feel! Wonderful staff and company!"

Former Employee - Receptionist in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Smith.ai part-time

Pros

Working remotely offers amazing flexibility and the chance to be a stay at home mother. The entire team is phenomenal! They're friendly, funny, professional and so knowledgeable. The senior management is so receptive to the needs of the receptionists. They consistently show their appreciation for the hard work we do. When there is a technical issue that may prevent or make our jobs difficult, they are quick to respond and fix. I think appreciating the technological and developing side of their server is important. They've created something truly unique and ever-evolving. Anyone would be lucky to be a part of their growing company!

Cons

There weren't any for me particularly. It would be a challenge for someone who struggles with multi-tasking.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

"Receptionist Team Leader"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Smith.ai full-time

Pros

I love this company! It's so refreshing to work in a culture where your manager listens to your concerns and then takes immediate action for the better of everyone and where you're rewarded and acknowledged for your hard work. Working for Smith.ai I have flexible hours and the ability to grow with the company. They provide support teams, resources, and training. We have such a great team!

Cons

You have to be self-disciplined to be successful working from home.

"A+! Fast-paced environment, wonderful clients, and very smart & friendly team."

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Smith.ai full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, open minds & real collaboration, feedback is eagerly accepted, work environment encourages improving & learning.

Cons

Not really a con, but it's a small team, so that means really tight prioritizing & time management.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Honestly, the leadership and work environment here are second to none. Clear goals are set each week. There's high transparency into what colleagues are working on and how your work impacts the team goals & objectives. Work is meaningful and the mission of the company to help small businesses gets me jumping out of bed in the morning. I feel heard & valued. Team members are incredibly smart, but also very open minded to new approaches. Clients are very happy with the services we provide. There is a genuine promotion of learning, growing, and doing better in our work every day. What more can I say? Smith.ai is a fantastic place to work & grow.

"Great Virtual Team Environment!"

Current Employee - Support Team Member in Highland, IN
    Current Employee - Support Team Member in Highland, IN

I have been working at Smith.ai part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Smith.ai since 2016 and it has been great. The company has grown tremendously and is still growing. Wonderful virtual team environment. There is also plenty of room for growth within the company. If you're looking for a LEGITIMATE company to work for, that offers flexible hours, a way to work from home while being able to balance life and work... come to Smith.

Cons

Must have a good stable internet connection. Understand that you are hired as an Independent Contractor, so there are no benefits.

"Great company, great service, great people"

I have been working at Smith.ai part-time

Pros

Smith.ai is a fantastic place to work!

I'm surrounded by the smartest and most hard-working people. I’m so impressed and inspired to learn more and do more every day just observing their intelligent approach to analyzing and solving tough problems. It feels great to work on a team that is devoted to building the best product and offering a superior service while giving everyone on the team the support they need to do their best in their roles.

My teammates are super funny, friendly and interesting people, and the work environment is especially family-friendly and supportive. The team leaders truly care about all team members and their well-being. They're dedicated to maintaining a company culture of fairness and transparency. This is pretty dang rare, and I'm inordinately lucky to have found it here. I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else.

Cons

The majority of the team works remotely, so everyone needs to be conscientious of good teamwork habits. It takes a little extra communication effort but is not at all difficult to get used to.