Found 27 of over 679 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Smithsonian
Career Advice for Students
The Ohio State University
Smithsonian Institute Internship Hi all, I applied to three roles at Smithsonian Science Education Center last March 30th, and I haven’t heard anything back. The portal status also hasn’t been able updated yet. Should I approach them?
Got a burning question about Smithsonian? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Smithsonian employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "And you will meet so many great people (tourist) from all over the world." (in 58 reviews)
- "Federal government benefits are excellent for the federal positions and trust positions have good benefits as well." (in 30 reviews)
- "Great Staff (non" (in 15 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and behind the scenes access to museum collections" (in 14 reviews)
- "Amazing opportunities to work on global projects and collaborate with internationally celebrated artists and scholars." (in 13 reviews)
- "Low pay and no promotion oportunity" (in 21 reviews)
- "poor management" (in 14 reviews)
- "Low salary for DC metropolitan area" (in 11 reviews)
- "Unpaid internship where I was doing some of the same work that paid employees were doing." (in 11 reviews)
- "Depends on the institution but bad leadership can really tank the experience" (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Smithsonian and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "no benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jan 6, 2022Gift Shop AttendantFormer Employee
Lovely Staff Great Environment Very Straightforward Cashier Position
Benefits weren't great when I was there