What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "And you will meet so many great people (tourist) from all over the world." (in 58 reviews)
- "Federal government benefits are excellent for the federal positions and trust positions have good benefits as well." (in 32 reviews)
- "Amazing opportunities to work on global projects and collaborate with internationally celebrated artists and scholars." (in 15 reviews)
- "Great Staff (non" (in 15 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and behind the scenes access to museum collections" (in 14 reviews)
- "Pay is low but definitely no lower than industry standards." (in 24 reviews)
- "Poor management" (in 14 reviews)
- "Unpaid internship where I was doing some of the same work that paid employees were doing." (in 11 reviews)
- "Low salary for DC metropolitan area" (in 10 reviews)
- "Depends on the institution but bad leadership can really tank the experience" (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Smithsonian and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 41 of over 679 reviews
Updated Sep 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Oct 4, 2019Retail AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Coworkers are friendly and well-rounded Cool environment to work in Given commuter stipend
Minimum wage Management is disorganized and unprofessional (sexist and racist behavior as well) in addition to being two-faced Nepotism Scheduling is a mess. Shifts will be changed day before. During shifts they will try to send people home early.
- 5.0Jul 15, 2020Greenhouse and Interior Plant ProductionFormer Intern, less than 1 yearTampa, FL
- Positive employees - Great work environment - State of the art equipment - Hands on experience
There are none that I can think of.