Smove Reviews | Glassdoor

Smove Reviews

Updated Dec 1, 2019

4.3
Smove CEO Tom Lokenvitz (no image)
Tom Lokenvitz
  1. "Less fluff more facts please."

I have been working at Smove

Pros

Amazing people. I work alongside people I call my friends & family.

Cons

Executive Leadership team. - No transparency when it comes to decision making - Detached from the rest of the company - Does not practice any of our company’s value - Easily bamboozled by fluff (do we really need a coach? If yes, what’s his ROI?) - Inexperience COO with no real contributions to profitability (OKR measures superficial steps with no number attached to it.)

Advice to Management

Listen to the good people around you.Motivational books with lots of buzz words haven’t gotten us to our goals. Stop being bamboozled by fluff and start looking at data.

Smove2019-12-02

"People are great, management not so much."

I worked at Smove full-time

Pros

You cannot find a better set of people to work with. There are a lot of hardworking individuals in all departments who don't just put their heart into the work but with a smile on their face too.

Cons

Management team recently have reneged on their words a lot. A recent retrenchment exercise left the a lot of people reeling and questioning how they have come to this decision. Not a lot of clarity was given, and questions were met with vague roundabout answers, and remarks that the teams should be providing solutions instead of asking too many questions.

Advice to Management

Put the company values in place instead of leaving them up for show and tell. Show some accountability for business decisions.

Smove2019-11-06
  3. "My First 90 Days on a New Journey!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Smove full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Culture * Flexibility * Open Communication * Growth Mindset * Fast Paced Environment

Cons

From my time I can't think of ANY!!!!

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the team members in all functions as you have been to keep the growth mentality and opportunities flowing!

Smove2019-09-06
  4. "A platform to shine"

I have been working at Smove

Pros

1. Autonomy 2. Trust 3. Open communication 4. Friendly working enviroment 5. Learning opportunities 6. Career progression

Cons

Not at the moment, will review again

Advice to Management

Must be able to keep the current culture even with rapid expansion in the near future.

Smove2019-09-05
  5. "First 90 days experience"

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Smove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being a small team, all ideas been listened to and accept to implement towards the end of achieving company’s OKRs, very flexible and been faced with challenges and learn through it, as everyone contributes to the growth, they accept my ideas in their paths to success which motivates me to work as a group and contribute to the team’s success!

Cons

Being small team, have to do a lot, so there is a bit lack of team communication at times, bit of a demand to do do extra and expect that from you with very short notice.

Advice to Management

Need to work out a structure for new starters and encourage them in a way to help and work together as a team. Not to criticise others with their work but rather encourage them to do better.

Smove2019-08-21

"Great Company !!!!"

I have been working at Smove full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work in ! Why -- * Friendly environment * No work pressure * Work life balance * Anything what you want to share is acknowledged * Great Team driven with self motivation

Cons

No real cons as such.

Smove2019-07-25

"You might not find a better work environment!"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Smove full-time

Pros

Efforts are lauded and feedback is given from time to time! Open communication. Steep learning curve with the help of a brilliant management team. A wonderful work culture with efficient team work.

Cons

If your focus is great medical/insurance packages and allowances then this might not be the place yet! We are still working on it.

Smove2019-03-19

"A Great Start-Up Company to Work"

Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Smove full-time for less than a year

Pros

A lean team but work load is still manageable. Has flexible working arrangement. Many young and high spirited individuals. Management always listen and value employee feedbacks.

Cons

Not so great compensation benefits.

Advice to Management

Continue being transparent to the employees and preserve the culture we have inside.

Smove2019-02-15

"Vibrant and cosy work environment!"

Current Employee - QA Manager in Singapore

I have been working at Smove full-time for more than a year

Pros

Join us if you value - open communication, accountability, teamwork and friendship the most. Over here in SMOVE, we do not keep things within ourselves because we believe in transparency. We talk it out to clear things up and make sure there are no misunderstandings. We hold each and everyone of us accountable in the work we do so as to ensure a maximum level of efficiency and quality, to bring out the best in our... employees, which translates to better service for our customers. In addition to that, we work together as one family, forging great teamwork and friendships along the way. SMOVE promotes employees based on performance and not seniority. I think this is of paramount importance to a company's growth. Unequivocally, SMOVE is focused in its long term goals and working hard to achieve that every single day. Ever since I joined, There is not a single day that I'm unhappy. Everybody here is akin to family and having that kind of bond in a corporate setting is seriously rare. This is my take, now it's your turn to find out.

Cons

Since we are still a growing company, certain benefits may not be available such as medical and insurance. However, all of these are being fought for by management. So for those who are looking to have such benefits, SMOVE may not be the best place for you.

Advice to Management

Ideas which have been thought out, though maybe placed lowest in priority, but still should be worked on little by little to bring it to realization.

Smove2018-10-17

"Great place to work with awesome team!"

in Singapore

I have been working at Smove for more than a year

Pros

- Fast-paced and exciting, with many new ideas in place - Management are also motivating and concerned about the people in the company, and has a genuine interest in building a strong and positive culture - Opportunity to learn and grow as an individual, and everyone is very humble and willing to help. - Working environment is positive, friendly and casual. It feels like a family here. - Flexible working hours..., and a great work-life balance

Cons

As with most growing companies, the volatility of the business may be uncomfortable for some people who seek stability and structure.

Advice to Management

Continue to walk the talk and bring ideas to life!

Smove2018-10-12