Snagajob Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 30, 2017

1.0
Peter Harrison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Some really fun and great people work here (in 8 reviews)

• Work/life balance is very good with good working hours (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior leadership has been a revolving door for the past three years and it (in 3 reviews)

• Either way, the continual knee-jerk changes in direction results in good people leaving, either from layoffs or for better opportunities (in 2 reviews)

"Don't work hourly"

I worked at Snagajob part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule and co-workers are nice

Cons

Management doesn't support hourly staff

Advice to Management

Get trained

Dec 4, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns. We always appreciate feedback. We agree- the people here are great and our Snaggers are some of the kindest folks around. We also understand that... More

"Analyst"

I have been working at Snagajob full-time

Pros

It used to be very friendly and flexible.

Cons

They started to hire very mean people.

Advice to Management

Hire more smart people

Oct 30, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for your review. Our work policies have actually implemented more flexibility to our teams over the past several years, and all those changes have helped teams become more productive. We... More

"Worst place I have ever worked"

I worked at Snagajob full-time

Pros

They offer some cool "benefits" - ping pong, a slide, food trucks, etc (only for the Richmond office though) - the Arlington office gets nothing exciting. They do pay well.

Cons

This organization is a complete disaster. Management cannot decide what they want to achieve and talk in circles, blame everyone else for their shortcomings, and blame their reps for anything that goes wrong. They have let go of quite a few talented and smart individuals for speaking out about issues, their top performers have left and the ones that remain are looking to leave. They talk about wanting to keep a tab on what their employees like and care about but ignore everything that is said. Their product is a mess, in order to fix the issues they have, they will essentially have to start over.

Advice to Management

Your employees are the frontline of what the customer says and wants - you may want to pay attention to what they are telling you, it might help you understand what customers truly want. Also, you need to cut some of your middle management, you have too many cooks in the kitchen.

Aug 31, 2017 – CRO

Thank you for your candid feedback. While it’s difficult to receive tough evaluations, I appreciate your honesty⎼and encourage all Snaggers to come to me, or another member of the executive team, to... More

4. "Finance"

I worked at Snagajob full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most co-workers are great. Salaries are above average.

Cons

Too many meetings, little communication throughout the dept for info that needed to complete your job

Advice to Management

Cut out most of the useless meetings that do not benefit anyone. Hire more experienced employees

Jan 20, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thank you for your candid review! I agree that one of my favorite things about Snagajob is the people. I look forward to coming to work because of the awesome Snaggers I get to learn from every day... More

"beautiful disaster"

Former Employee - Mid-Market AE
    Former Employee - Mid-Market AE

Pros

- slide
    - benefits, 401k, vacation time
    - atmosphere, amenities
    - people, good culture considering
    - relaxed environment

Cons

- Management
    - blind leading the blind
    - vision, no idea what the mission statement even means
    - snagalabs
    - snagashift
    - tech, trying to clean up mess
    - launch products entirely too soon
    - communication
    - sales environment (goose eggs month to month for some folks, I've never seen this)
    - up top management, small company that has become a puppet to VC money
    - comp plan a mess
    - salaries for certain sales people, selling job postings
    - infrastructure
    - on and on

Advice to Management

no comment

"Good Company Gone Bad"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Snagajob full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers (though many of them have left)

Cons

Terrible decisions made in 2016. Commissions were destroyed. SLT doesn't value their employees. Culture on the decline

Advice to Management

Get rid of hipocracy and the dictatorship mentality. Stop robbing your salespeople of their hard earned commissions

"Best places to work in Richmond"

Pros

fun place to work. Loads of team spirit.

Cons

management lacks ability to manage.

Advice to Management

train your managers

"Dysfunctional cult of sociopaths"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Snagajob full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay.
    Fun and open work environment.
    Free coffee, popcorn, and sometimes beer.
    Some great use of technology and some very bright people work there, although the crazies far outnumber them.

Cons

First off, let me say this review is for my time at Snagajob in the Spring of 2012. I never wrote a review then because I was so thoroughly disgusted after leaving that I could not have cared less. But after recently seeing that this place has a favorable rating of 3.7 on Glassdoor, I owed it to readers to know my story. I've been in IT for over two decades and Snagajob is the absolute worst, and I've had some major disappointments in both the private and government sector.

I worked at Snagajob for less than a month. The first week was great, but then I got the most disrespectful, unwarranted, condescending beat down in my entire life on week two. I was talked to with complete disdain by a person who was a complete micromanager, who was a horrible low-talker, who didn't have any personal skills, who was obviously unqualified for the job, and who completely disregarded my wealth of experience and knowledge, that would have totally crushed her work if I would have ended up staying at that asylum. At the end of the second week, she took me aside in a conference room for 30 minutes and proceeded to berate me in a very offensive, passive-aggressive manner that was the most bizarre thing I ever experienced in the workplace. Complete sociopath, as were a handful of her co-workers that I encountered.

At the start of week three I was looking forward to working with a different person assigned to me during the so-called 6-week bootcamp, but the first thing she did that Monday morning was inform me I'd be spending another week with her because my "performance was so abysmal" the week before. Those were her exact words. How's that for a good morning?

Since my quick exit from that mess in 2012, I've encountered seven other former Snaggers with similar experiences. I even tried talking one guy out of going there, but he didn't listen. Five months later he was let go after being set up for failure. This scenario is not uncommon there. Avoid it like the plague.

Advice to Management

Admit that you spend more time on marketing your facade and phony reputation and not enough time on your products or your people. Fire the sociopaths and control freaks, and rebuild that crazy culture from the ground up. I don't know how you can get any new employees with your horrible reputation in Richmond, and beyond.

"This place is a joke."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Snagajob full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great co-workers.
    Nice location by the pavilion.
    Hardly ever worked over 40 hours.

Cons

The say "work hard, play hard" all the time, but don't do the play hard.
    They can't figure out how to move forward, they keep rewriting the same code and processes over and over.
    If you aren't a drinker, you won't fit in.
    There used to be a drive to improve the site in speed and relevancy, now it's all about increasing advertising.

"Complete Train Wreck"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Snagajob full-time

Pros

- Some genuinely nice people who want to do the right thing
    - Incredible office space
    - Creative environment

Cons

- The culture is absolutely horrible. Don't believe the hype. Tons of backstabbing, management favoritism, heavy use of character assassination by senior management.
    - Executive management values tenure more than career experience. If you're an experienced professional, your experience won't be valued.
    - Expect to be moved around to new positions as management tries to "figure it out."
    - In an effort to keep everyone happy, everyone winds up miserable.
    - Overwhelming fear of change throughout the company

Advice to Management

You have proven that you are completely untrustworthy. In an effort to save yourself, you are hurting an incredible number of people. Show some real courage by doing what might be hard for you, but right for the company.