Snagajob Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 6, 2017

5.0
Peter Harrison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Some really fun and great people work here (in 8 reviews)

• Work/life balance is very good with good working hours (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior leadership has been a revolving door for the past three years and it (in 3 reviews)

• Either way, the continual knee-jerk changes in direction results in good people leaving, either from layoffs or for better opportunities (in 2 reviews)

1. "Intern"

Pros

Excellent company, great training and environment

Cons

Nothing at all, very happy here

Jun 8, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for sharing the positive feedback! We're excited to welcome interns in many different departments across the company this summer, and would welcome additional thoughts about your internship... More

2. "Great place, great mission, great people"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Snagajob full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I truly believe that most of the people working at SAJ believe they are working to make a difference in the world. There's something really valuable about being able to say that you help people find jobs for a living. In addition, the people at SAJ are some of the brightest and most creative I've ever been around. Management genuinely values Snaggers puts a priority on culture and benefits to keep morale high and top performers happy.

Cons

In my 5 years at SAJ, there was a lot of reorgs and shuffling around. However, I think things are now in a good place and the direction seems solid.

Apr 7, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thank you for your positive feedback! I, too, am proud to work with wonderful people who want to make an impact on the world. I know we've experienced a lot of change in the past couple of years, and... More

3. "Snagajob"

I have been working at Snagajob full-time

Pros

Google-like culture in Richmond. Loads of employee empowerment.

Cons

Prioritization for growing company is difficult.

Mar 29, 2017 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for the review! Our culture is very intentional, and we know that empowering our teams to do what they do best is a critical component to our success. All of the perks of our work environment... More

"An amazing place to work and grow"

I worked at Snagajob full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started as an advertising sales rep and ended my career in a Biz Dev role. Over the 5 + years I worked there I was given new challenges, pay increases, and added responsibilities on an almost annual basis. The company is caring, fun, and the benefits are awesome

Cons

Snagajob is growing and changing rapidly. While that may not seem like a con, if you are not able or willing to grow and change with it you may not enjoy your work. As I said in the pros section, my job regularly changed, some people may not like that.

Dec 7, 2016 – CRO

We love hearing from former Snaggers, especially when they have such great things to say about the company. Like you said, the organization is growing, and with that, comes change. The leadership... More

"Account Executive"

I have been working at Snagajob full-time

Pros

Fun Creative environment to work in

Cons

Change is good... but sometimes there is too much change based on the high growth environment.

Nov 21, 2016 – Senior Director, Snagger Services

Thanks for the positive review! We strive to make sure we have a great space that fosters creative thinking and problem solving. We also know that 2016 in particular has been a year of change, but... More

"Snagajob"

Pros

Friendly people, great architecture, good perks. Overall a very nice place to work, smart people, good diversity and the various teams work great together.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about the teams or people I worked with or saw.

Advice to Management

When expanding territory and jobs are being created / transitioned in and to those locations, managing concerns and uncertainty among staff should be at the top of the list of priorities.

Oct 27, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for the positive review. I agree that one of the best things about Snagajob is our people; I love coming to work every day and collaborating with people who have so much passion for what we... More

7. "ReadyHire Intern"

I worked at Snagajob as an intern

Pros

This summer internship was one of the best I have ever had. SAJ does a great job at including the interns in everything they do. They really want you to be as excited about the company as they are. The company culture is inclusive and fun, there is always some way to get involved.

Pros of the internship:
    - The internship project: The interns are split into two teams and asked to come up with an idea that can address a problem the company might have. At the end of the summer, both teams present their ideas to the entire company. I loved this project because it highlighted SAJ's three key values (Collaboration, Accountability, and Passion)

- You are doing real work: SAJ is great at making sure every intern is getting real life work experience. This is not an internship where you will be making copies all day or going on coffee runs.

- YRichmond: SAJ enrolls all their interns in this amazing program. They really want you to build your professional profile. Not only is this program fun, it is informative. There are so many workshops they offer to help build your networking skills.

- The management is great: Each intern is given a manager to report to throughout the summer. My manager was great! We had weekly check-ins where he really pushed me to think outside of the box. Ultimately, my manager pushed me to be a better worker, and for that I am thankful.

- The culture: SAJ has an amazing culture. From goofy Fourth of July costume contests to volunteering in the community, you are always having fun with your coworkers.

Cons

- I wish there had been more intern group activities

8. "Copywriter Intern"

I worked at Snagajob as an intern

Pros

- Excellent mentorship and guidance
    - Snagajob employees collaborated well together and genuinely cared about one another
    - People took their work seriously but not themselves
    - The company knows how to turn vision into action efficiently and effectively

Cons

- Conflicting feedback was given one certain projects

"Growing Company in an Important Space"

Pros

- Passionate teams who care about the problem Snagajob is solving for hourly workers
    - Engaged user base who finds value in the product
    - Strong leadership/CEO who understands how to grow a business and has a solid track record doing that

Cons

- Older company, so there is some legacy technology in place. The history is also a benefit as they have had longer to develop the large base of users.

Advice to Management

- Keep moving toward the compelling vision that you've painted!

10. "Solid company with amazing potential"

Current Employee - Director in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Director in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Snagajob full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-great product leadership
    -significant investment in ux and design thinking
    -innovation lab has awesome vision and results
    -massive market opportunity and potential impact
    -still small enough to own big part of business
    -office expansion in new geos, esp. DC and SF

Cons

-many opportunities, so prioritization can be hard
    -sometimes too focused on metrics vs outcomes
    -some legacy products requiring platform investments

Advice to Management

-continue to invest in product, UX, and engineering
    -streamline goal setting process and continue efforts to empower teams to give them ownership of HOW to achieve key results