Snap-on Credit Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Southwest Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Snap-on Credit (More than 3 years)

Pros

Snap-On Credit is an amazing company to build your career with. They offer many different opportunities for growth and development as well as the options of travel and working direct with the business owners of Snap-On Tools.

Cons

This is a very well known company and as a financially based arm of the company you must be prepared to put in extra hours, both at month end and throughout your monthly services to customers and franchisees.

2. "Account Managers"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Snap-on Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and good group of people to work with

Cons

You're basically a bill collector-constantly making phone calls

3. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Snap-on Credit full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work at with benefits.

Cons

3 black out days at end of month. Unable to take vacation or time off.

4. "Recovery"

Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Snap-on Credit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best thing about the job is your coworkers. These hours aren't too bad. Direct supervisors are pretty good.

Cons

Once you're in a position you're stuck there. Especially if you do well. There's no room for advancement unless you're fresh out of college. And even then they take advantage of you every second of the day. In the monthly meetings when they tell you how well they're doing and they give you a very substandard raise for all of your hard work it's very hard to to keep a positive attitude period collections is a very difficult job especially in recovery none of your efforts forever rewarded in the way that they should be.

Advice to Management

Understand that people work hard everyday for this company a company that does well understand that you need to reward these people and commend them because on a daily basis they're called names 30 all that they're screamed at their sworn at all my people who have had credit issues. Some recovery people really try to help these people and being screamed at and called names is a difficult thing to take on a daily basis I believe that we should all be rewarded a lot more than what we are for what we have to put up with. Also being told that you're so good at your job you'll never move up as a pretty sad statement.

5. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Snap-on Credit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company for a resume builder. Associate account manager starting salary decent for recent graduates; keeping in mind it's a light collection position.

Cons

No room to grow after gaining Account Manager position. Account manager position is basically daily collection and skip tracing tasks.

Advice to Management

Pay more competitively for the Account Manager position b/c monthly bonuses are unrealistic.

6. "Snap on credit is a great company and truly cares about their employees. snap on is more than a quality product!"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Snap-on Credit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training program is fantastic! Really set you up for success! Tons of room for growth with in the company and they encourage it.

Cons

Only con I can say is that there is no gym in the building. It would be nice to have a treadmill to walk on during lunch since you are sitting for long periods of time.

Advice to Management

You can tell management really cares about their employees and I am so greatful for that. I came for a company that did not value that.

7. "Recovery"

Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recovery Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Snap-on Credit full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The managers in my department are great. The hours are good

Cons

Low pay, Upper Management has no clue what a living wage is. When a company tell you they have had the best year they have ever had and then give you a raise that is so small it will hardly effect you bring home pay it's sad. It is demotivating to hear how fantastic a company is doing and then get a menial raise. The raise that is given is normally 3% which is then eaten up by the increase each year of your health insurance.

Advice to Management

Understand the more you show your employees that you appreciate them, the more they will do for you. If you make them feel as though they do not matter, then the attitude become resounding.

"Only Valuable as a very first job"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Snap-on Credit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the job you have to take in order to get any experience when you're just getting out of school. It's best perk is it'll build your character and make you realize what you do not want to do for your career.

Cons

- The loans offered to the customers are a protected status similar to student loans and the franchisee if in good standing can extend credit even if the applicant wouldn't be approved by anyone else. This leads to you chasing guys who only make $8.75 an hour but owe $40k in tool debt.
    - The way to get promoted is by seniority only. This leads to managers who cannot manage and differing styles. This practice further degrades any sense of culture and negates all rewards.
    - Compensation is not good and bonuses are few and far between as performance goals can easily be made impossible by the franchisees making poor business decisions.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the fact that collecting debt is a terrible job and stop acting as though you're allowing us to work there. I shouldn't have to mentally prepare myself every single day to deal with my job; corporate culture can easily remedy this.
    - Being able to wear jeans on Fridays if your work is completed to the manager's satisfaction the week prior is not a gift, it treats your employees like they are either children and/or idiots, which inevitably burns out those who are not, or creates an office full of people who act like children and/or idiots further exacerbating this problem.

9. "Solid Company- Great first "real" job"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Snap-on Credit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First job out of college, not very demanding. Takes a few days to get used to. Stock price has tripled in the last 15 years. Average age is pretty young. Senior account manager is cool and doesn't care if you show up a little late due to traffic or head out a little early.

Cons

Last day of month everyone stays til 7

Advice to Management

Keep it up

10. "I would work there again in another department"

Pros

Benefits and pay are above average. Nice coworkers. Office environment is above average. If you hit your goals, the bonus is nice.

Cons

A decision is made about your advancement potential right away and it is impossible to change upper management's mind. There is no diversity in the upper levels of management.
    If in a specific department, the vacation blackout dates and work life balance are poor.