SnapLogic Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
SnapLogic CEO Gaurav Dhillon
Gaurav Dhillon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Once in a lifetime opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have seen my career take shape while working at SnapLogic. Working with A players, you have to step your game up and this experience has taken my game to the next level. I've had the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds and companies in the world. From attending meetings at Andreessen Horowotiz to working with partners like Amazon, Box, Salesforce.com, Zuora, Splunk, SAP, Twitter, ServiceNow, to customers like GE, Target, Dannon, Experian, Pandora, TOMS Shoes, Newscorp, AMEX, ING and others, I've expanded my network and also had a chance to make a real impact in the world of cloud computing and SaaS.

Along those lines, SnapLogic has a work hard, play hard mantra. You can even bring your pets and/or your kinds into work! We have an open bar, happy (snappy) hour every friday, lots of basketball shooting competitions, robot wars, nerf gun fights and free meals but we support our teammates to the fullest. Even if that means working nights and weekends. Everyone is bought into one common mission and is working towards a single goal. The executive team is very seasoned and the investors are top notch. Free benefits!!

Working at a start up is a gamble but joining this start up was a no brainer. Since the rise of Cloud applications is now becoming a reality, Enterprises are looking for a new modern solution that fits this hybrid world. Software is eating the world and SnapLogic is smack in the middle of it. These types of opportunities only come along once in a lifetime.

Cons

Its a start up. You are going to wear many hats and works lots of hours. You dont always get to finish projects you start on. This type of environment isn't for everyone and I've seen people get burned out. Needs a better marketing presence to take advantage of a market that is ready to move to the cloud.

Advice to Management

Take advantage of your talent. Give them more responsibility and promote from within.

Sep 11, 2013 – ‎Human Resource

"Fast paced and exciting"

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

high visibility
    face pace and cutting edge technology
    great talent
    fun perks

Cons

still trying to establish itself as a key player in the game
    numerous new members of core leadership team so hard to gage longer term success plan

Advice to Management

continue to develop a culture of elasticity, scalability and accountability

Sep 11, 2013 – ‎Human Resource

"Great Company to work for and a very exciting space"

Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at SnapLogic. People here are very helpful and encouraging. Everyone gets a long and works hard. Every Friday, everyone gets together for Snappy hour and also have team-bonding activities like bowling and go-kart racing.

Great space to be in but very challenging and complex. I am very thankful that SnapLogic had the courage to give me an opportunity to jump start my career in software.

Cons

Personally it was a hard decision to move on. The problem I had might only applied to myself, but I was looking for growth and a career path within inside sales/business development.

Advice to Management

Believe in your team and help people build a career path.

Sep 11, 2013 – ‎Human Resource

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and for being a member of the SnapLogic team. Our goal remains to grow, prosper and learn.

"Everyone is very professional. There are no jerks here. So much to learn!"

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small team, there's a lot to learn! Great location in downtown San Mateo.

Cons

There's no cons so far....

"Ready for take off"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, open atmosphere. Great technology, skilled/experienced team members, fun/rewarding environment. Excellent central location. Loved the meals. Company is well positioned in a rapidly changing market - unique, well differentiated offering. Amazing wins in the past 6 months to put the business on the radar for Fortune 1000. Good opportunity to collaborate and sell w Saas, BI and BigData players.

Cons

You must be prepared for a high momentum, high growth business environment. Expectations are high but communicated well. Crowded market but once you learn what makes snaplogic unique then it gets easier to beat the competition. It looks like business had ups and downs but outlook is very positive due to learnings.

Advice to Management

Keep communication channels open - do not hesitate to over-communicate. Setting objectives and discussing how to exceed them is very important. I have a lot of trust and confidence in your ability to lead the company to the next level.

6. "SnapLogic 2.0"

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Upside to this company is exponential. Unicorn in hiding is the best way to summarize what this company is at the current time. New sales leadership and team has infused the company with experience and acumen needed to take this company IPO in the next 24 months.

Cons

Legacy employees need an injection of adrenaline to realize what a great opportunity it is to work for SnapLogic and it's founder/CEO Gaurav Dhillon. Past reviews make the company sound worse than it actually is. SnapLogic 2.0 is a different company, product and opportunity than v1.0.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Amazing environment"

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ability to advance vertically and/or laterally.
    The chance to learn a ton!
    Every employee try their best to help you learn and excel.
    A fun and friendly environment.
    Benefits, challenges, ability to create your own solutions.
    You are treated with respect.
    Great overall job satisfaction.

Cons

No, I don't really think there are any cons other than those very small growing pains that every startup face. It is very exciting to work on those pains and fix them.

Advice to Management

This is a great company. I just hope everybody can keep up the great work and energy like ever.

8. "A look at Snap from an Employee!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Boulder, CO

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SnapLogic is an accelerating start-up backed by leading investors (Andreessen Horowitz, Ignition) and guided by seasoned leaders (Gaurav Dhillon, Founder & CEO, former Informatica Founder). At SnapLogic, work doesn't feel like work. The culture is full of talent, excitement, challenge, creativity and teamwork as we make goals that are bigger than life a reality. Everything you do here makes a difference and contributes to the ultimate success of SnapLogic. Hard work is rewarded and being part of this cutting-edge company, while in an radically evolving market space is invaluable. As for personal development, it is ultimately in your hands. At SnapLogic, there's every opportunity to gain experience-based knowledge, adopt new skills and responsibilities, network and excel both individually and professionally.

Cons

The rubber is meeting the road as we grow at rapid rates. It is an 'all hands on deck' time for SnapLogic and if you are not a self-motivated, flexible and aggressive individual - this is not an environment that you will thrive in.

Advice to Management

SnapLogic platform performance keeps up with our growth and the platform continues to develop at the rapid pace of new enterprise-level customer adoption and their complex needs.

9. "valuable experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at SnapLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work environment is pretty comfort. The co workers are very talented. Excellent work life balance. Free food, lunch, happy hour, flexible working hours and WFH on regular basis. Great location at downtown San Mateo.

The cloud based and on premise platform architecture is pretty innovative. The pipeline/snaps based data integration solution is way more efficient than other competitors.

Cons

Start up. The resource may not as good as big company

"A fun place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at SnapLogic full-time

Pros

Technology
    Snaplogic sits in a hot technology space of Cloud and Big data integration. If you are looking to be a part of Big Data and work on bleeding edge technologies this is the place to be.

Talent
    A very talented group of individuals with background from informatica, salesforce, electric cloud, microsoft, CA technologies, oracle, sun microsystems, integration, virtualization technologies, devops and overall varied industry experience there is a lot to learn and grow here.
    Also with the recent growth of the field organization with experienced sales and technical field people joining the team it has become very exciting with acquisition of enterprise companies as customers. This is also attracting high talent to be a part of this story.

Leadership and vision
    Informatica founder Gaurav Dhillon who founded Snaplogic has an energizing vision and presence. He is very accessible and an opportunity to interact with someone like that on a daily basis is priceless and definitely career enhancing.
    Snaplogic is funded by Andreesen Horrowitz amongst others and exposes Snaplogic to big enterprises looking for innovation.

Culture
    -Great group of friendly folks who eat together 3 days a week
    -Open office plan
    -Good mix of young energy and experienced people

Cons

Growing pains
    No requirement to be here 5 days a week at the office but when you are San Mateo Downtown parking is a big problem