Sniff Seattle Reviews | Glassdoor

Sniff Seattle Reviews

4.2
Jeanna Ditto

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company with great hours"

Former Employee - Dog Walker
    Former Employee - Dog Walker

I worked at Sniff Seattle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours are pretty consistent each week and they always ask you if you want to add more dogs. If you don't, they will just make a new route so you aren't overloaded. If you have any problems, you can call the manager or owner and they always work to figure things out and make the situation better.

Cons

You work outside rain or shine. You also use your own car and gas.

2. "Love, love, love these guys!"

I have been working at Sniff Seattle part-time

Pros

The ownere and managers are SUPER nice and friendly! Most of the communicatuon is done via text or e-mail and everyone is always super quick to respond when you're out and about and have issues arise. This is a very large dog walking company and they do a great job keeping things organize and running smoothly. The clients are great and of course the dogs are awsome. If you can work well independently and take this job seriously, they are one onf the best dog walkers to work for!
    On a personal note, my dad passed away just a couple of months after starting work with Sniff. I went to work that same morning and found all the love and comfort in the world walking my doggies. If it weren't for working here and having something to look forward to each day I don't know that I ever would have been able to cope with my grief. Thank you Sniff for everything!

Cons

Dog walking is NOT for everyone...you walk rain or shine, in sickness and in health. Clients rely on you to show up and do your job. If you're not willing to take it seriously then this company, nor any other dog walking company will not be right for you.

Advice to Management

You guys rock! Thanks for always being so great :)

3. "Great job and you get to work with dogs"

Former Employee - Dog Walker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sniff Seattle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company and they made sure I was off in plenty of time to get to school each day. The finest part time job I've ever had.

Cons

If you don't like being outside in the rain, this isn't for you

4. "Fun Outside Job"

I worked at Sniff Seattle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great outside job working with dogs. The schedule is generally from 10-3, so great if you have an evening job or you are a student. The job is very independent and communication with the bosses is over email/text.
    -I worked with some really amazing clients and their dogs, and it's great because you see the same dogs every day so you begin to develop a relationship with them.
    - People in apartment building and neighbors begin to recognize you and are often super friendly. This is nice because the job does not consist of a lot of talking
    -During the summer this job is amazing!

Cons

-Pay is low. For it not being full-time it could be better. SNIFF gives employees a flat hourly, however they charge clients a high price. Clients get charged more for two dogs, holidays, and not canceling within 24hrs, however the dog walkers pay doesn't change for any of the above. I found it annoying that I was not allowed to go away for Christmas or Thanksgiving because I had to walk one dog and never received extra pay even though they had charged the client more because of holiday.

-Communication is poor sometimes. I felt that the owner only responded when she wanted to. If I ever had a question about time off she chose to not reply. -Calling in sick is not an option.
    -You have to be comfortable using your own car.
    - There is a feeling of not being appreciated. Owners email replies can be snippy and cold.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but give your employees a little bump on holidays. Let them know you appreciate them instead of the sometimes cold email replies. I know you guys have a pretty high turnover, so this may solve it!

"Best dog walking company to work for in the Seattle area."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Sniff Seattle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is very organized and professional and the pay is generous. If you love the outdoors,dogs and can comfortably walk several miles in one day it's a dream job.

Cons

If you're not truly an outdoorsy type of person, the weather might get to you after a while. You have to also consider the fact that you will be using your own car to get from client to client.

Advice to Management

Continue the balance of happy doggy clients and trustworthy dog walkers and you'll have many more years of great business.

"Good company, but unreliable hours"

I worked at Sniff Seattle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had fun working for Sniff Seattle. They really support their employees, and do a thorough job training. They prioritize walker safety, and I felt good being part of their team. They also have one of the highest per hour rates around for dog walking. I started at $15/hr and got to $16.50/hr in the first 6 months.

Cons

The hours are pretty unreliable - dog owners are able to cancel their walk up until 8 am day of. So sometimes you think you are going to have a full schedule of walking, but then some owners will cancel and you only have a couple hours of work for the day.

"Great part-time job!"

I worked at Sniff Seattle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work if you like dogs, and you're looking for a part-time job in which you can get out of the house for a few hours a day. The owners are committed to their business and are communicative and flexible with their staff. Though you may start with only a few dogs, they will work with you to build up more clientele in your area.

Cons

Obviously, dog walking is not as fun during the cold rainy months. Also, you need to be okay with working largely on your own, as you don't get a lot of daily human interaction with this job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Dog Walker in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Dog Walker in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Sniff Seattle part-time

Pros

The pay is better than other local dog walking companies. The company owner genuinely cares about her employees and clients. You also get to walk some amazing dogs and meet some equally amazing owners.

Cons

Honestly, if you do your job, you shouldn't have any problems. If you don't like rain this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "not enough work"

Current Employee - Dog Walker

Pros

can work while kids are at school.

Cons

not enogh hours. mislead about opportunities

Advice to Management

no thanks.