Soboba Casino Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "evs porter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jacinto, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jacinto, CA

I have been working at Soboba Casino full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

i actually like Soboba and i like what Soboba does for the community like toys drive and breast cancer support and the food banks and education . i do not understand why people are so harsh in their comments . any way i am so happy that i work in Soboba and i am from a different country ''Egypt''comparing how people work in my home country and how Soboba go . I will pick up Soboba like i said it is a good benefits and charity providor which i admire the most and good pay check . friendly coworkers and managers and supervisors . if you have a personal problem do not expand it to include the entire Soboba thats my advice for all negative comments

Cons

i would say they need more vents or air circulation filters for the smoke

Advice to Management

n/a

2. "Do not work here"

Former Employee - Security in Hemet, CA
    Former Employee - Security in Hemet, CA

Pros

Pros... one of the most friendly places to work as a line level employee. Everyone here is under payed and under appreciated, yet this brings a strong bond with the employees in every department as we all knew we were in this together.

Cons

This is a very old school good old boys club filled with old ideas and an unwillingness to adapt to change or accept new ideas, thus they are still running a casino in a tent after 20 plus years.

Advice to Management

Not so much advice to Management but to the Soboba Gaming Commission. Purge your current Admin staff in every department. The stagnant ideas and thought processes of your Administration staff is costing you millions. Look around San Manuel, Morongo, Pechana did just that and moved from obscure tent casinos into class A resorts and casinos. Offer your long term Admin employees a generous severance package and replace them with qualified ambitious and career minded individuals. Southern California is a boom town for the Gaming Industry, get on board, move forward or continue running business out of a tent while all your competitors make more money than they know what to do with.

3. "security"

Former Employee - Security Officer in San Jacinto, CA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in San Jacinto, CA

I worked at Soboba Casino (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly coworkers willing to help at anytime

Cons

very hard to get through first 90 days evaluation without loosing job

Advice to Management

non

5. "Grateful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jacinto, CA

I worked at Soboba Casino full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

im grateful for the opportunity at Soboba I gained a lot of experience in the time I was there 3 years. I made money my main reason to be there mission accomplished. I had great bosses and coworkers. I worked several jobs. close to home. it was definitely an interesting place to work! I had fun...

Cons

I hated parking so far. they offer a trolley ride but some times I would miss it. I had to make sure to get to work a little extra early incase I had to walk all across the stadium and parking lot. its a longer walk than it seems. but other than that nothing else negative that I can remember...

Advice to Management

please be more appreciative of hard working employees more often. and don't believe everything u hear.

6. "Marketing Manager"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Hemet, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Hemet, CA

I worked at Soboba Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent health benefits (paid for employee) vacation offered and employee recognitions

Cons

a bit stressful to work for an ever changing board as you had to make sure your focus was in line with the Tribal Council

Advice to Management

Work hard and be flexible

7. "Exhausting...."

Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in San Jacinto, CA
    Current Employee - Table Games Dealer in San Jacinto, CA

I have been working at Soboba Casino part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. A good job as a break-in employee for the gaming industry.

Cons

To much turn-over in management, customer service is not a strong point, and no future plans to improve the business.

8. "A learning experience!"

Former Employee - Cash Operations in San Jacinto, CA
    Former Employee - Cash Operations in San Jacinto, CA

I worked at Soboba Casino full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly-family oriented team and exciting atmosphere that is always changing.

Cons

Atmosphere exposed employees to second-hand smoke.

9. "Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in San Jacinto, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in San Jacinto, CA

I worked at Soboba Casino part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fast paced, decent pay, very good colleagues

Cons

lack of understanding to focus and target their messages to their audience

Advice to Management

claim your market

10. "I thought it would be a good place to start a career. I was wrong."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jacinto, CA

I worked at Soboba Casino full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is about average for a casino, if you are an hourly employee you will almost never work overtime, some of the other employees are truly great people who care a lot.

Cons

The smoke in the casino, the food is mediocre and there is only one or two options for lunch, if there is an event or a really busy night at the casino you will be stuck in traffic for hours on the one two lane road that goes in and out of the casino, almost every department is poorly run, if you ask every supervisor or manager the same question you will get a different answer from each of them, the policies are poorly written, vague, and randomly enforced, the laziness and incompetence of upper management is legendary, especially the HR department which can screw you. Favoritism runs rampant.

The clientele is trashy, there are a lot of drug users that come in the casino. Security usually throws them out but they come back eventually. The benefits are below average, if you even get any.

Advice to Management

You need to raise the standards, and it starts at the top. Most managers and supervisors have been there a very long time and they just do the minimum to get by and keep their job. For every good supervisor/manager there are five that are terrible. You need to clean house, get rid of the garbage, employees and managers. The standards need to come up, big time.

The fact that you laid off the entire poker department is an example of gross incompetence. Then you take away the benefits of another entire department. Why do you even have financial analysts and business/marketing analysts if they could not see this coming in time to prevent this? Moral is awful overall, and it shows.

11. "Soboba Casino - you may still have a job."

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in San Jacinto, CA
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in San Jacinto, CA

Pros

Career advancement is possible. Decent to good benefits. Fellow employees are really great people for the most part. Security protecting employees and customers is outstanding.

Cons

Constant layoffs and frequent firings are common. There is no job security in any department. There is a long commute to work no matter where you live due to the isolated reservation, poor road access, poor traffic control through the nearby towns. Too many customers obviously use drugs and are not preempted at the door. Access to the casino is one road with a single lane in each direction. During high traffic events it may take two hours to enter or leave the casino. Sometimes the road is closed during the rainy season due to mud slides. During the fire season, the casino is in a high risk area.

Advice to Management

Let employees know what is going on in the company, ever changing management is not a plus -- stability is needed. Hire decent marketing and improve the placement of ads/billboards to help drive customers to the casino, improve your website for usability, modernization and pure information -- content is lacking. Firing huge groups of employees every year is horrible for moral.